Light Amplification Googles on JKA

Go to solution Solved by eezstreet,

Hey guys, I've been working on a singleplayer map and I wanted to add a section that was similar to the artus mines from Jedi Outcast. As in the previous game, I wanted to be forced to use the Light Amplification Googles to crawl through the dark spaced, however I found out the item didn't had the HUD textures it used to have. I managed to fix that issue, but now the light amplification itself doesnt works. 

This is how it should look:

e05opy.jpg

And this is how it currently looks in my game:

atly08.jpg

Does anybody know how can I add the yellow shader thing? 

Turns out if I open the game with OpenJK the goggles (thanks for the correction Circa)  work just fine. I guess the problem was in the code after all. 

Still, it'd be quite wizard if someone turns out to know how to fix it in the base game, since there are some people that don't have OpenJK or don't know how to install it. 

• Solution

I remember gnashing my teeth about this ages ago when I tried to implement JK2 items into JKA SP with reverse engineering, way back when that was still needed. From what I remember, there is a RF_GOGGLES or something of the sort which is missing in the renderer, and the trap calls for using the goggles (trap->RE_SetLightLevel and trap->RE_GetLightLevel iirc) are stubbed out on JA's engine. RF_GOGGLES or whatever does the fog, the stubbed out lighting function handles the lighting increase- the algorithms involved here are very cool, and if you're clever, you might do something involving HDR here. ;)

Implementing the functionality into OpenJK wouldn't be doable as adding a renderfield/renderflag breaks savegames from what I understand.