How to select a widescreen resolution

morgwin

Hi,

I was curious if Openjk supported more resolutions. I can't seem to select them using the ingame options.

Thanks.

I'm not sure but I just use a bit of code.

Add this to "autoexec.cfg" in your Base folder, if you haven't got one, create one :

set r_customWidth "1366"

set r_customHeight "768"

set r_mode "-1"

vid_restart

cg_fov "97"

Change custom width and height to the resolution you want

morgwin likes this

Strange, I've made the autoexec.cfg file and put it in the base folder, but the game claims that it doesnt exist, even when i do /exec autoeexec from the main menu. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to enable showing of file extensions on this computer. I apparently saved the file as a .cfg.txt by mistake.

The game has ALWAYS supported widescreen resolutions.  Its just a matter of using the console.  The menu will not be extended in OpenJK.  Breach of EULA of the Game's installer to distribute modified menus or any assets with the intention that they are not being used with the original game.

morgwin likes this

The game has ALWAYS supported widescreen resolutions.  Its just a matter of using the console. 

It would crop the view instead of expanding it, though, putting you at a disadvantage for the mere fact that you're on widescreen (which OpenJK fixed with cg_fovaspectadjust CVAR).

Cerez likes this
  • 2 years later...