Suggestions for Tatooine themed map...

First of all apologies if I have this in the wrong section...

I'm currently working on a Tatooine themed map (will post some screenies in a WIP thread soon)

Was just wondering what you guys like to see in maps and what you like to do.

So far I've got a few ships that you can enter and press a few buttons on, a saber dome for dueling etc which can be configured with different platforms and opening pits,

a small racing track for swoops, various little bar areas, homes/apartments, an area for rocket arena style gameplay, few places to snipe from, "Shops", a Rancor pit/arena and thats about it so far.

Just looking for suggestions as to what else could go in it really to appeal to most peoples playing style, be it dueling, role playing FFA etc.

One thing I doubt I'll be able to add due to its final size will be an area for flying.

Thanks in advance

PA

NumberWan likes this

@Plague-Angel

I don't think, you have to stick to most people's opinion. It would take a lifetime to understand what people want, and they can contradict each other.

Why not see what maps are there in JK community? You might want to check various FFA locations, and Tatooine maps especially and see the ranking there. 

Simply see, what good maps are. They usually include a well-designed structure, thought through architecture. They are easy to navigate through, but at the same time they are never dull or repetitive. If there are corridors, then they look differently with new details or unusual lights. the map can small or large, but the size must be justified. If you managed to create only three unique buildings, then there is no need for a larger map. The space in this case doesn't count as a benefit.

I am not much into MP, but those maps I like there, well, they must be beautiful in the matter of architecture, props, functionality (unusual doors, cool elevators) and light (captivating sunrise or nice sunny weather, etc). If it's from Star Wars, then I expect the map to be as close as possible to the style of that planet.

Tatooine seems to have all what you need to create a decent map :) textures, shaders and models.