Toxic Players

@@videop Ah, been busy. I see people reacted in this threat. videop, I am aware of what you said. Also, I still believe they ran a modification back then. I played it, and I can feel if there is strafe or not. The code example you gave is useless. "and if you didn't know that then you never played siege or don't understand quake movement.", that doesn't make any sense, and it's an attempt to look smart and seemingly outsmart me, stop being an arsehole. Then regarding the people: http://www.jkasiege.com. Also, why would I even answer from this point on? To finish, you did not clarify any misinformation. You stated what we already knew, good job.

@, quickly read over your reply. Can be very true. Obviously siege isn't jactf. Not sure why you felt the need to clarify more. We kind of already all agreed on this sidetracked topic :P But, okay. I guess :) Edit: why are you all doubting me on the strafe / quake / circlejump theories and all. I have a feeling there are some butthurt so called 'strafe experts' in here. Because the siege thing is TOTALLY, off-topic :s

whoa..? why so hostile?

To finish, you did not clarify any misinformation. You stated what we already knew, good job.

The misinformation is you saying siege has strafejump, which you said here:

http://www.jkasiege.com/ - small community, played by both jk2 and jk3 experienced people with normal jactf. Not sure about the current state. But it includes strafing, high damage saber contact and force tactics.

And which I corrected.  If you already knew siege did not have strafejump, why say the opposite?  How is this difficult to understand?

Also, why would I even answer from this point on?

To show you weren't making stuff up?  To enlighten people?

Because the siege thing is TOTALLY, off-topic :s

seriously? you posted a some cringey meme picture, TWO unrelated youtube music videos, some random siege gameplay demo, weird double/triple-posts and then say "offtopic" when corrected?  :lol:

edit: also wtf is this

I have a feeling there are some butthurt so called 'strafe experts' in here
why 'strafe experts' ? isn't that what you yourself claim to be by promoting/offering teaching of strafejump and having strafepads in your t3home map (where the "advanced" strafepads are easier than beginner level on other maps).
IIRC kane had #1 on nearly every map on sils fastcap CTF site, before he took it down.  
Kane and z3filus like this
Guest Deleted

@, quickly read over your reply. Can be very true. Obviously siege isn't jactf. Not sure why you felt the need to clarify more. We kind of already all agreed on this sidetracked topic :P But, okay. I guess :) Edit: why are you all doubting me on the strafe / quake / circlejump theories and all. I have a feeling there are some butthurt so called 'strafe experts' in here. Because the siege thing is TOTALLY, off-topic :s

http://www.jkasiege.com/ - small community, played by both jk2 and jk3 experienced people with normal jactf. Not sure about the current state. But it includes strafing, high damage saber contact and force tactics.

That was your original reply to Kane. I merely cleared up what you said to prevent you from providing any misinformation to the JKA community. After that you replied w/ this REALLY confusing paragraph:

Hm, now that you mention it. It could be that the default gamemode is using single player yes. Managed to digg this up for you:https://dl.dropboxus.../siegepug.dm_26 Back then there were jactf and some siege specific gamers playing using ventrilo which I was on too, because I research communities ... incognito or not. Either way, I think I see a normal ctf-like ruleset. I can see people not be limited to strafing. So maybe the server was running a custom modification. You'd have to digg further into the community to find that out, and ask around.

Edit: I believe raz0r, turkey, or teh probably know the answer.

I have no idea what this has to do with my statement that strafing isn't in siege. Like, what is the purpose of the demo you linked me? There is none. Are you just trying to show me some siege demo? There is no relevance to what I said since there is no strafing in siege. 

"Back then there were jactf and some siege specific gamers playing using ventrilo which I was on too, because I research communities ... incognito or not." OK? Who cares? Are you trying to self praise or something? You research communities. Nice. I don't get the relevance.

I can see people not be limited to strafing.

Whats this mean? Personal attack or something? Are you talking about jactf and siege players not only doing strafe?

Edit: I believe raz0r, turkey, or teh probably know the answer.

Know the answer to what? What the fuck are you talking about? Siege doesn't have strafe period. In that demo its siege mode with no modification to strafe. I'm damn sure there were likely hardly any mods that modified siege. Answer to what man? I doubt whatever answer they have will have any relevance to my initial statement.

Edit: why are you all doubting me on the strafe / quake / circlejump theories and all. I have a feeling there are some butthurt so called 'strafe experts' in here. Because the siege thing is TOTALLY, off-topic :s 

Nobody said anything about circlejump lol. We are just saying siege doesn't have strafe, which for some reason you said in your reply to Kane about jkasiege.com community. This whole siege thing started because of your post with your cringeworthy picture and Kane's reply to it and then my clarification about your reply to him; you didn't need to respond if you knew I was right. Honestly seems to me you're more butthurt @ the ups/strafe community of JKA because THEY ARE experts. We are dedicated to strafing in JKA. We actually have one of the best mods in JKA that is focused on strafing. The first official defrag mod made for JKA. (Yeah there is JK2 defrag as well.)  Sure, may not be as good as q3 defrag strafers, but in regards to JKA strafing we probably know more than you/are more experienced than you. You talk alot about how your open minded and all that about communities or whatever and how you 'research' them, but I've yet to see you anywhere within my community (the JA+ FullForce community, or the defrag community). Is there some bitterness towards us bro? Any previous ctfs with us, any CTF strafe ladders taken down because some people were better, or something else? I mean honestly if you think we aren't good at strafe or something you are welcome to come to /connect s1.upsgaming.com and try and beat some top records and there is no ping advantage or anything like that so yourself / europeans / are more than welcome. Of course when you connect you MIGHT feel some hostility (not from me, Kane/Source maybe, dunno, but they should be nice I hope), but just /ignore them and play.

Or you can continue spreading misinformation, self appraisal, trolling, posting memes, or whatever you do on this forum. Up to you. No hard feelings, just quit the shitposting and try to clarify your points in your posts more. Quit the ups hate as well because you are making yourself look just as bad. And from what I see in the OP it looks like 'jactf' isn't so perfect either.

Also not really a fan of this forum layout lol. No biggie though.

Kane and eezstreet like this

Ah, the majority of people are just so....Hilarious.

That image was hardly offensive. It was quite actually a highly accurate portrayal of the JKA community as a whole. One can also say it is a highly accurate portrayal of the people of the world as a whole. He was not being derogatory towards any person. A bit hilarious with people going on about "Won this" or "that". You should stick to the facts more, what is concrete...Instead of complete and total BS, walls of text meant to cater to Ego and your happy feelings.

relax.

Guest Deleted

Ah, the majority of people are just so....Hilarious.

That image was hardly offensive. It was quite actually a highly accurate portrayal of the JKA community as a whole. One can also say it is a highly accurate portrayal of the people of the world as a whole. He was not being derogatory towards any person. A bit hilarious with people going on about "Won this" or "that". You should stick to the facts more, what is concrete...Instead of complete and total BS, walls of text meant to cater to Ego and your happy feelings.

I didn't think it was offensive. Just cringeworthy. And I wouldn't say its an accurate portrayal. More like a biased opinion with 'ctf' on the top and base nf 2nd to that. Can't see the picture now though because apparently its deleted. Maybe hungry moderators (we trying to have a discussion here, just let us finish ourselves then lock? I would just like to get to the bottom of this and resolve it  :P) or Hugo himself deleted it. Yeah I agree the 'won that' 'lost that' stuff is immature.

And what are the facts, what facts do you want me to provide? You want the facts I can provide whatever proof I can. Here are the top strafers of JKA in the only official defrag mod. I've seen no other defrag mod in JKA and if there is please point me to it. There are recorded times all throughout the site, there are demos( http://www.upsgaming.com/demos/defrag/ )for you to download and watch the routes of others to see they are legit and for you to beat if you want to prove yourself. Ask me what other proof you want and I'll see what I can give you if I can?

I understand some people might not want to play or spend time on this mod, which you need if you want to get on top of the leaderboards, but I would go to say its decently accurate. If people really want it to be accurate then they would have to compete, but until then this is the best evidence you can give anyone. I will say that alot of JK2 1.02 saberonly CTF players are faster than some of us, but we'll never know for sure. I don't really care for ego, I just want more people to play with and instead of being forum warriors they can actually prove it and to stop misinformation.

FF and defrag in comp JKA was never (if at all) more than a small niche and before people advertised their ff duel servers and mods here I didn't even know that people played ff duel "seriously". But then again we had this same topic like 10 times before. That picture was obviously biased, that's why Hugo explained that "it's biased" in the same post. It was kinda accurate even though base 1on1 and tdm was always the biggest part of the jka comp scene.

And about the strafing stuff: Siege doesn't have strafe jumping, nor does MBII. Your arguments that MBII or siege can not be played competitively just because it doesn't have strafe jumping is stupid because (epecially) MBII adds a lot of new features and skills instead. Someone who played base JK and start's playing MBII will get rekt.

Also:

any CTF strafe ladders taken down because some people were better

For example... the CTF ladders in the ESL were taken down because no one wanted to play that.

eezstreet likes this

Haha, alright then. I noticed a couple of very long replies above here. Which I haven't read. I'll keep the honour to myself and pull out. This is too much nonsense. Think what ever you need to think.
By the way, to people reading this. I hope this is clear by now: http://www.upsgaming.com/stats/ Look up the people that are active, and then have a look at the replies in this topic. If there ever was a bias ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

Guest Deleted

@

FF and defrag in comp JKA was never (if at all) more than a small niche and before people advertised their ff duel servers and mods here I didn't even know that people played ff duel "seriously". But then again we had this same topic like 10 times before. That picture was obviously biased, that's why Hugo explained that "it's biased" in the same post. It was kinda accurate even though base 1on1 and tdm was always the biggest part of the jka comp scene.

And about the strafing stuff: Siege doesn't have strafe jumping, nor does MBII. Your arguments that MBII or siege can not be played competitively just because it doesn't have strafe jumping is stupid because (epecially) MBII adds a lot of new features and skills instead. Someone who played base JK and start's playing MBII will get rekt.

Also:

For example... the CTF ladders in the ESL were taken down because no one wanted to play that.

I don't know exactly what gametype you play or focus on, but your idea of what "comp JKA" is is probably referring to baseJKA am I right? I'm not sure what gametypes you've played, but when I played JA+ FF it had a decent competitive playerbase, but I wouldn't expect you to know, because I don't think I've ever seen you around there. A lot of people did take JA+ FF seriously, but it just wasn't something ESL would have and never would have had because I don't think ESL would have picked it up since JA+ was deemed a casual mod when its actually decent for fullforce gameplay. Its completely different from baseJKA fullforce because it includes flipkick which is an entirely different game changing mechanic base doesn't have, and which is why baseJKA fullforce was probably a niche gametype to begin with. Our "true" fullforce gametype was never given a chance to reach its full potential just like all the other gametypes in this game that aren't baseJKA noforce. I just wouldn't leave it out as not being a competitive gametype, just like 1.02 CTF, jactf, etc can and have been played competitively. As for defrag, well yeah. Defrag has always been a niche gametype in any game I think and an official mod for it was only released within the last year in a dead game. Well you know what, whatever. That purpose of the picture is to say what is "useful for JK:JA" and doesn't really state what gametype is more "competitive" so I won't argue that anymore.

In the picture Hugo posted, he DID say it was biased and I'm not saying otherwise, but my reply that the picture was a biased opinion in response to @@Artorias saying it was a "highly accurate portrayal of the JKA community as a whole" which I honestly disagree with. Also, I think you could go to the extent to call that picture offensive to a lot of different people. I find the words to the right of each section in the picture could be offensive to certain people (not me, its a funny meme filled MS paint drawing I just couldn't take serious) and the picture itself portray a sort of elitist mindset in general. I'm done talking about the picture and it isn't in the thread anymore so I definitely won't discuss it.

As for MB2/Siege I never said they couldn't be played competitively. Maybe you are talking about Kane's first post where he sort of implies that, but I myself never said that so I'm not sure where you got that from. Of course they can be played competitively. Any game/mod can be played competitively with other people or different mechanics. And yes, baseJKA players will most likely get rekt if they play siege/MB2 with experienced players.

For the CTF ladder you mentioned, I was actually referring to what videoP posted about Sil's fastcap CTF site.For some reason it seemed it wasn't updated after Kane took #1 on nearly every map from what I saw. Anyways that's just a small bit I don't really care about. I just wanted to know why Hugo seems to be so bitter (what it seems) towards ups as a whole. It isn't really my issue, but Hugo's negativity towards ups affects me being part of their community (and when he has big presence/influence on these forums and on JKA) when I think he really should only have beef with a few select people. ups has grown over time with different people, so yeah. It would be like if I was bitter towards the entire jactf community which I'm not as I know there are some cool people there.

@@Hugo

Haha, alright then. I noticed a couple of very long replies above here. Which I haven't read. I'll keep the honour to myself and pull out. This is too much nonsense. Think what ever you need to think.
By the way, to people reading this. I hope this is clear by now: http://www.upsgaming.com/stats/ Look up the people that are active, and then have a look at the replies in this topic. If there ever was a bias ...

This is probably just a warning why I should never take Hugo seriously again with such a pitiful response like that. If this guy isn't a troll then I don't know who is. Like how is this guy and Kane still allowed to post.

You pretty much called us out in your first (now deleted) post so you can expect some ups players to be in this thread defending who the "kids" really are. Yeah, congrats on putting the puzzle together and figuring out who exactly was posting while educating us on your music taste. "Argghh this thread is so "biased" so I'm going to ignore the arguments given from an individual and walk away. I troled them good!" I'm just trying to be fair here and you don't seem to want to do that with such flaming replies.

Please don't lump me up with Kane (especially), videoP, or anyone else as well. My opinion is my own.

Just to throw it out there: The ESL is pretty openminded about mods, gametypes and whatnot. They are happy to give anyone a ladder as long as interest and long-term activity are guaranteed. It's just that, when there were plans to host a JA+ ladder and it was widely advertised all over the place, interest was deemed too low to be sustainable. But that was for JA+ 1v1/TDM, not for force or the rest. However, there is no purist nonsense preventing us from expanding past the classic basejka gametypes.

@

Yea, what I wrote was not only meant as a reply to your post, but more of an overall statement to the whole discussion.

As Ping said there were ladders on the ESL for JA+, MBII, CTF, TDM with pickups, even VIP and Instagib but in the end there were not enough people interested in that.

Btw, I never said that full force can not be played competitively. The point is that the community is so small that it's not really relevant for the game in it's entirety. I mean it's not hard being the best in a gamemode when the whole community consists of like 10 people. I don't really have a problem with your gamemodes (I even think it's interesting) but I've got a problem with those hostile people in your community trying to convince people that fullforcing and defraging is some kind of JKA-masterrace.

Also:

ff was the most competitive part of the game lol. 3-4 32/32 player servers with the best players from the game in all countries. defrag is currently played by over 50 people, jk2 and jk3 pro defraggers, a few quake players. MBII can not be played competitively. it is a joke. it's the call of duty of jka. saberonly ctf is the quake of jka. you can admit you're bad, no one cares, we encourage everyone to be better, but please dont pretend siege/mbii take skill, they never will. its for noobs who cant strafe/aim/force. 

edit: activity doesnt translate into competition anyways. most people play NF JA+. please go ahead and tell me that takes skill so i know you're a troll 100%

FF was the most competitive part of the game? When? Where? I've played this game competitively since 2004 and I never saw anyone taking ff seriously. We made an ff ESL cup once because we thought it was kinda silly and fun but never would have I imagined that anyone would take that serious. My mates laughed their ass off when I told them about these guys on JKHub claiming that FF is relevant or even a competitive gamemode.

Also: Where did I change my opinion on defrag? It's irrelevant for JKA, but it definitely requires skill. I never said anything else. I didn't say anything about the size of the siege community either, nor about the size of the JA+ community. And yes, activity does translate to competition. It's not the only aspect, but it is one.  It's also funny how people lose 90% of their ESL matches and then claim that base 1on1 doesn't take skill.

But yes, close this topic. Everything is said.