Toxic Players

These kinda groups are no different than the standard ones.  They're just more open and honest about there inclusionary nature.  Not to mention they're socialable in the same way if you were apart of there group like a general clan/community/group.  Their use of language might be more "rough" or "vulgar" but don't jump to generalizations or labels.  They are still just as human as you are and they only go off into there own corners and group up cause like anyone else they still want some kinda socialization but they want more specific kinda people in there group who act, walk, and talk in the same fashion as them.  Could view it as more totalitarian with less creative openness and more strict, linear, and no wiggle room on there views, mindsets, and attitudes.  Kinda like how to British like knocking people down a peg, it's a kinda weird negative way of acting mean and hard like a father figure but it's really there only way of expressing that they like you or care about you.

If that's your thing go nuts, if you prefer something more laid back and open you have plenty of options no matter which way you go.  Don't concern yourself with such people.  You would be better off playing with like minded people instead of trying to take every single person on cause they're acting or thinking differently from you, which is the same thing they're also doing as well.  Kinda funny, 2 sides of a fence and both are the same overall just surface level dipictions are done in a way you can't see that.  Just about every group has some kind of in group and out group anyway.  Don't judge a book by its cover as some might say, but you can if you'd like.  But I don't see much of a point of concern of people who come off as different from you.  Waste of time and energy not liking or whatever another group who comes off as stand offish or different despite the fact you do the same thing as a reaction to there reaction to the groups they left.  It sure is, one hell of a stupid cycle. :shifty:

People think using "big boy" words and having "big attitudes" makes you more "mature" or "adult".  You sure are pretty clueless and must have a harder time connecting to more people outside your group than you realize.  It's like swearing, anyone can do it regardless of your age.  Having self control or using it at specific times makes you more mature than someone who is just a broken flood gate and let's it all pour out.  But, different strokes for different folks. :shifty:

Kane likes this

It's funny how you say that some people are more "rough" or "vulgar" but we shouldn't jump to generalizations or labels, yet you picture them as outsiders, misfits.
That you don't see much of a point of concern of people who come off as different from you. Yet you recently saw necessary to comment on the ''immature server names''

It's funny how you say that some people are more "rough" or "vulgar" but we shouldn't jump to generalizations or labels, yet you picture them as outsiders, misfits.

That you don't see much of a point of concern of people who come off as different from you. Yet you recently saw necessary to comment on the ''immature server names''

Does someone do it for attention or is it because that's who they are?  Pot, meet my friend kettle. 

I don't picture anyone who goes off and do something, as an outsider or misfit.  But considering we have just as many groups who were formulated branching off from original communities/clans and how many share similar rules and mindsets, it can get confusing for anyone no matter who long you've played or been apart of any community.  Picture can blur to a point no one can really distinguish things.

Even words aren't absolute, just because I say one thing doesn't mean I always account for every other single thing outside of it, that's just apart of me being inherently with fault and I take it into account and I'm always willing to explain things if people ask or want to know.  I'm not perfect and I speak from a general direction (like everyone else) and at times I don't take all accounts into factor but I at least take the time to fully explain and do my best to grow inspite of how painful it can get at times.  Are you saying you do it better than me and everyone else here?  Easy to point at faults, but pointing at another persons faults is no different from pointing at your own.  Guess we're all at fault when we begin to lower ourselves to levels of pointing the finger at others instead of ourselves, or is that also a generalization to you? :shifty:

Just cause I pointed at the server names doesn't mean I'm insulting, I'm also pointing out these are people trying to get attention and I'm also curious as to why that is.  Do they just hate JK?  We're they burned from a past clan or run out of a group?  Are they bitter about some drama with other folks in the community?  I don't view this as black and white in what I said, it could be something as simple as they find it fun in there own way despite whatever I point out about it.

Everyone is different, the confusion comes into play is when people are trying to make everyone aware of how "different" they are, with the server names for example it is literally bordering on someone rubbing garbage into your eyes (that's my interpretation of it, everyone is free to formulate there own opinions on that matter).  We all interpret the information before us differently.  Take it with a grain of salt my friend when you meet/talk to someone who is also aware of something and isn't on the same level as you on it.  Because they're on a different level does that automatically denote they're higher or lower than you?  Such things are pointless ideas, everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of where they are at in your eyes.  Where are you at in that persons eyes?  You wont know less you engage them to the best of your ability. :P

Basis of my view on vulgarity or the rough and gruffness isn't because they use big long shock based words, such words loose there "shock value" when they become apart of there everyday speech.  It's purely a surprise element that gives it most of its power.  Like map secrets on a JK level, no longer a "secret" when everyone knows about them.  It just becomes an everyday thing when everyone is aware of it.  Trying to expound or expand on something, regardless of how everday it gets to see it in a new/different way, that people are used to is either met with confusion, frustration, or general shut up and go away.  Not everything people bring up or talk about is to fight or debate, some people just get more passionate about a stance they're on rather than simply learning where the other person is coming from. :)

tl;dr

I'm full of blah blah blah.

Edited by Oobah
z3filus likes this

/ignore :)

This is what I do, and why everyone else who are annoyed at trolls and unfriendly people should also do. Don't feed the trolls, please. I've been using this more often now, it is is such a helpful command when you don't want to deal with trolls and the like, or when someone starts spamming useless binds. It cleans up some of the mess in the chat.

I know there are plenty of these guys in the CTF community, from egotists to Chris to even some of the PUGgers who hate on you if you're not good enough-anything to be done about them? Discuss

It's like Circa mentioned. Its everywhere. Worse in some places than others, but its everywhere. Just don't play multiplayer and you should be alright. 

CTF is competitive...this is to be expected. I used to run a popular CTF server about 5 years back, everyone played fine until better players emerged and so did attitudes...eventually all the not so good guys left and the pros had no one to play with and stopped as well.

There's no cure unless you play with good friends...or buy your own server and admin it.

I am curious to hear what is your "remedy" for this "issue"?

I never said I had a remedy, I was just opening up the topic for discussion

Although my usual fix is just to ignore them or mess with them if I can :D

i just laughed. siege pug, what is that, JKA for call of duty players? if you're not strafing/doing jk2 saber-style ctf/fullforcing/defrag you may as well play MB2 lol

http://www.jkasiege.com/ - small community, played by both jk2 and jk3 experienced people with normal jactf. Not sure about the current state. But it includes strafing, high damage saber contact and force tactics. Granted, the nature of the 'siege' game is not really meant to be played seriously like that of course. But people have been doing it either way. People that also play jactf. Because frankly, jactf can get a bit boring when you are good at all the things you mentioned :)

siege doesn't have strafing

Hm, now that you mention it. It could be that the default gamemode is using single player yes. Managed to digg this up for you: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15525178/siegepug.dm_26 Back then there were jactf and some siege specific gamers playing using ventrilo which I was on too, because I research communities ... incognito or not. Either way, I think I see a normal ctf-like ruleset. I can see people not be limited to strafing. So maybe the server was running a custom modification. You'd have to digg further into the community to find that out, and ask around.

Edit: I believe raz0r, turkey, or teh probably know the answer.

https://github.com/jedis/jediacademy/blob/master/codemp/game/bg_pmove.c#L1139

if (pm->gametype != GT_SIEGE ... )
{ //standard method, allows "bunnyhopping" and whatnot
else:
{ //use the proper way for siege

There is no strafejump in siege, and there was no strafejumping in the previously posted demo file.  The entire movement physics are completely different in siege and if you didn't know that then you never played siege or don't understand quake movement.

Base settings with forcepowers gameplay is so completely different from the fullforce kane is talking about (JK2/JA+/japro/ja++ fullforce -- its the flipkick/predictable saber dmg/faster regen that defines it), that you shouldn't equate them.

People that also play jactf.   Because frankly, jactf can get a bit boring when you are good at all the things you mentioned :)

I'd be interested to know who these people are, because I dont know of any jka "ctfpuggers" who even played jk2 style fullforce or jk2 1.02 ctf, or even jk2/jka defrag, let alone got good at all of them.  I hope people don't take this post the wrong way, I just figured id try to clarify some of the misinformation, and i'm genuinely curious about who else on JKA plays jk2 1.02.  

I dont see the point of the thread though, and because the OP never specified his situation, its just people blaming different groups  :

Guest Deleted

@@Hugo

What I mean when I say siege doesn't have strafing I mean that siege has no accel. You can't accel on your own through movement keys like you would in JKA. The only possible way to accel in siege is to jump off ramps/slants, get boosted through guns/explosives, or roll (which the accel is only for the duration of that roll). I know all of this mostly through playing with the siege movement style in the japro mod anyways which is an exact copy of the movement, just without any explosive help.

I watched the demo and while it looked like fun 4v4 I still saw so examples of strafing because thats how siege is. I saw a few explosive boosts (tripmines and roll), but that isn't strafing obviously. Basically I wouldn't consider siege "strafing" or even put the two terms together. Unless you mean circle strafing / sidestepping like in FPS games? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafing_%28gaming%29 (Halo, CounterStrike, etc?) Doubt that though.

@@Flynn 

Find a better community, ignore said players, or get better than them? Seems to me like they might be raging from having to carry you which is to be expected if you aren't as experienced. Fun to be had watching them rage if they care so much about an old game while you learn to play imo. Just deal w/ it.

I have a fail safe, 100% effective, anti-hate, and anti-cheat method of avoiding these types of players.

I play single player games exclusively. 

I agree. Multiplayer is short for "other people ruining my fun".