Help understanding blendFunc

In theory there is another method to achieve this that'd actually solve the issues you have with the current version.

The problem is that it doesn't work on most graphics cards in the vanilla version of the game.

I'm also not 100% sure if you can actually get the same visual result with this alteration. I'll dig into it later.

AshuraDX, do you know where I can find the shader of this smoke?

If you know, please help me.

This smoke has a scroll, and it becomes transparent at the edge.

Maybe this is the shader I was looking for:

smktr1.jpg

smktr2.jpg

I think @@Daedra recently tried to find this shader, I don't know what it's called but I think this one is hardcoded or something.

Do you have Jedi Outcast?

The Titlelogo in the main Menu has the type of effect that you want, but it doesn't work on all graphics cards - rend2 may fix that though.

Yeah, that effect is hard coded. It uses the smoketrail texture. It does have a shader, but that's merely for the texture. The shader doesn't call the texture to animate or appear after the weapon shot. I thought it may have been called in the weapons' EFX files, but sadly no. If you want to change that effect, you have to change the code of the game. Here is the thread for that:

https://jkhub.org/topic/11129-what-code-calls-for-smoketrail/

Yeah, that effect is hard coded. It uses the smoketrail texture. It does have a shader, but that's merely for the texture. The shader doesn't call the texture to animate or appear after the weapon shot. I thought it may have been called in the weapons' EFX files, but sadly no. If you want to change that effect, you have to change the code of the game. Here is the thread for that:

https://jkhub.org/topic/11129-what-code-calls-for-smoketrail/

I think @@Daedra recently tried to find this shader, I don't know what it's called but I think this one is hardcoded or something.

Do you have Jedi Outcast?

The Titlelogo in the main Menu has the type of effect that you want, but it doesn't work on all graphics cards - rend2 may fix that though.

Thank you AshuraDX, Daedra.

At the moment, I'm not planning to change the smoketrail effect. Maybe later.

Now I'm trying to find a shader that will help me make a lot of good effects.

Plane:

Sc-pl.jpg

The usual scrolling shader looks like this:

Sc1.gif

I need the following result:

Sc2.gif

Is it possible to make the RGB scroll and the alpha channel does not move?

If this result can be obtained using a single texture, it will be even better.

I would like any shader with which I get the following result:

Sc2.gif

-----

P.S.

Thank you minilogoguy18. Soon there will be new effects that I create now. ;)  :)