Free Web Hosting Shutdown

Circa

LOL ! Dark_Apprentice tricks me! :lol: i didn't read all info.. of server shutdown.

As i said "serve shutdown" as it was written yesterday here. Can't you use a free host, I remember there was once the "co.cc" and it was moved later to something like ".tk" not really sure. But there are for sure some free servers that won't take money?

As i said "serve shutdown" as it was written yesterday here. Can't you use a free host, I remember there was once the "co.cc" and it was moved later to something like ".tk" not really sure. But there are for sure some free servers that won't take money?

Well.. i don't know about co.cc.. but .tk is a domain name changer from www.anakin.co.cc to www.anakin.tk , if i am not mistaken. 

who can explain me that in french? i think i've understood but...

arrgh... no i wanted a french member who masters the english...

Maybe @@lang_french can do that for you? Usually I try to word my posts to be translation friendly but it was a long article and I didn't bother with that. Sorry.

These are domain names, not webhosting.

I decided to go with Caelum's webhosting. What you get for the price point is astonishing.

• Tons of storage and bandwidth
  • The process is easy. It literally took less than 10 minutes (Cael did all the work!)
  • All the security enhancements on his servers are top notch.

Thank you Cael for the easy transition ;)

Most importantly though, thank you JKHub staff for hosting us for so very long. Your support was always top-notch, and know that we hold you in very high regard.

eezstreet, Caelum, Link and 3 others like this

I decided to go with Caelum's webhosting. What you get for the price point is astonishing.

• Tons of storage and bandwidth
  • The process is easy. It literally took less than 10 minutes (Cael did all the work!)
  • All the security enhancements on his servers are top notch.
Thank you Cael for the easy transition ;)

Most importantly though, thank you JKHub staff for hosting us for so very long. Your support was always top-notch, and know that we hold you in very high regard.

I completely agree @@Caelum's webhosting is 100% worth the price (that is, if you have the money) I plan to order his webhosting when I have money. :D
Caelum, Onysfx and Link like this

Okay, I don't "master" English, but I will try to translate/explain in French...

@@Supralord :

NOTE : JKHub n'est pas fermé. Veuillez garder cela à l'esprit avant de répandre des rumeurs, et prière de lire ce qui suit.

Comme vous le savez, JKHub offrait la possibilité à la communauté de JKA d'héberger des sites internet depuis quelques années. L'idée était de donner un coup de main aux clans, nouveaux comme anciens, aux équipes de modding, etc. pour créer une base pour leurs activités. Malheureusement, cette offre n'a pas été aussi prolifique qu'espéré. Je [N.d.T.* : Circa] vais essayer d'expliquer le mieux possible ce qu'il se passe, à la façon d'une FAQ.

Pourquoi cet arrêt ?
Il y a de multiples raisons à cet arrêt. En voici les principales :

• L'équipe de JKHub ne dispose pas de ressources humaines et matérielles suffisantes pour maintenir complètement le service.
  • En lien avec ça, cela nécessite une quantité de temps que nous occupons avec la maintenance et les problèmes à résoudre, installer les comptes, etc.
  • C'est coûteux. Nous offrions nos services gratuitement car si nous ne le faisions pas, il n'y aurait eu aucune "offre" du tout, mais en contrepartie, les raisons ci-dessus n'auraient pas eu lieu d'être.

Qu'arrive-t-il aux comptes existants ?
Nous comprenons que cela puisse créer une frustration aux membres inscrits, et nous vous promettons que nos intentions ne sont pas de vous enc... de vous offenser [N.d.T. : tu as compris l'idée]. Nous vous avons offert un hébergement gratuit depuis plusieurs années, et nous espérons que ce service était satisfaisant.

En principe, tous les membres inscrits disposeront d'un mois pour décider de ce qu'ils vont faire. Vous pouvez faire une sauvegarde de votre site et aller sur un autre hébergeur, ou bien ne rien faire et le laisser être supprimé. Nous vous aiderons à déplacer votre site vers un autre hébergeur si vous voulez. Il vous faudra nous contacter le cas échéant. Dans le cas contraire, nous supposerons que vous savez ce que vous faites.

Où puis-je trouver un nouvel hébergeur ? Que me conseillez-vous ?

Il existe une pléiade de très bons hébergeurs, et pour tous les sites que nous avons hébergés jusqu'à présent, la plupart seraient appropriés. Google est votre ami.

Cependant, si vous voulez faire tout le processus aussi simplement que possible, notre bon ami Caelum est d'accord pour donner une réduction aux sites que nous hébergeons. Chaque site actuellement hébergé sur JKHub pourra être déplacé sur son hébergeur pour 5,50€/mois, dans lequel vous garderez le même serveur, avec les mêmes hébergements que vous aviez, et n'aurez donc besoin de ne faire aucune modification technique. C'est une bonne affaire, et pour le confort de ne rien faire à part payer le service, ce serait difficile de passer à côté. Si vous êtes intéressé, cliquez ci-dessous ou bien envoyez un message à Caelum.

FNwnM9o.png

Est-ce que je garderai mon nom de domaine ?
Si vous aviez votre propre nom de domaine, oui.
Si vous utilisiez un sous-domaine de jkhub.org (ex : circa.jkhub.org), vous pourrez aussi le garder. Vous aurez besoin de voir avec nous pour mettre l'adresse IP du nouvel hébergeur que vous aurez choisi. Ceci ne s'applique que pour les comptes existants seulement. Ne demandez pas un sous-domaine si vous n'avez pas déjà de compte. Si vous vous inscrivez pour l'hébergement de Caelum, vous pourrez automatiquement garder votre nom de domaine.

Donc c'est tout ce qui se passe ?
Comme je l'ai dit, vous disposez d'un mois à partir d'aujourd'hui [N.d.T. : le 4 mars 2015] pour faire tout ce qui a été dit. Passé l'échéance, nous supprimerons la totalité des comptes. Vous serez prévenus par mail une semaine avant. Un mail avec cet article sera également envoyé aujourd'hui [4 mars] à tous les comptes hébergeurs.Nous voulons que cela soit le moins douloureux possible pour vous, les gars.

Encore une fois, désolé pour l'énorme inconvénient que cela vous vous causera. Rappelez-vous que vous pouvez nous contacter pour obtenir toute l'aide dont vous pouvez avoir besoin ou d'autres choses de la sorte. Envoyez un mail à contact@JKHub.org, cliquez sur le bouton gris ci-dessus , ou bien MP/mailez-moi [Circa].

* N.d.T. = Note du Traducteur (Note of the Translator)

Donc si j'ai bien compris, JKHub va simplement supprimer la fonction d'hébergement de sites internet qui sont sûrement ceux de l'onglet "Groups" en haut de la page, mais tout le reste du site (partage de mods, forums...) continue de tourner comme d'habitude.

If I have understood well, JKHub will delete the website hosting only, probably the ones which are in the "Group" tab on the top of the page, but all of the other functions of the site (mods hosting, forums...) continue to run as usual. Am I right?

Supralord and Circa like this

If I have understood well, JKHub will delete the website hosting only, probably the ones which are in the "Group" tab on the top of the page, but all of the other functions of the site (mods hosting, forums...) continue to run as usual. Am I right?

Yes, but the sites linked in the JKHub Bar at the top of the page don't necessarily use our hosting.

While it probably wasn't said much, JKHub -- what you did for the JKA community was nothing short of awesome and generous for the webhosting service, as well as other services provided over the years.

Thank you personally from myself, for putting up with me when I needed you guys for several hosting projects.

much <3.

Circa likes this

Hello all, just wanted to recommend these free hosting sites:

http://www.hostinger.com/

http://www.000webhost.com/

They can offer all you may need for your clan website.

Tried them both and we exceeded memory usage. :(

I'm moving to a CentOS VPS :/

LavCorps! and Smoo like this

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Horizon Studios is using Grendel Hosting.

We get free hosting with Unlimited Bandwidth and Unlimited Space but we have a limit on CPU, that limit is actually high and we have only exceeded it a few times and when we do the site goes offline for only a few hours (like 8-12 hours) so its no biggie. However, if your like me and are doing template editing all day you can easily max out your daily CPU limits.  AFAIK, the CPU Limits reset every day.

I recommend Grendel Hosting if your looking for minor limits on your webhosting. 

eezstreet and Futuza like this
  • 2 months later...

Horizon Studios is using Grendel Hosting.

We get free hosting with Unlimited Bandwidth and Unlimited Space but we have a limit on CPU, that limit is actually high and we have only exceeded it a few times and when we do the site goes offline for only a few hours (like 8-12 hours) so its no biggie. However, if your like me and are doing template editing all day you can easily max out your daily CPU limits.  AFAIK, the CPU Limits reset every day.

I recommend Grendel Hosting if your looking for minor limits on your webhosting. 

Or you can use a potato to host your server, which is just as reliable.

Merek likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

I am offering free website hosting for anyone interested. It has cPanel, hosted on dedicated business class internet, SSD speeds, 500mb storage space, nightly backups, Softaculous included, spam controlled, unlimited bandwidth and I can offer subdomains if anyone needs it.