Desann, Tavion stances

By default it was not designed/setup to be used by the actual player.  It was more or less only setup for the SP portion for the specific bosses hence the names of it are tied to the equivalent bosses, same with Tavion.  OJP Basic, maybe a few other mods, had it turned on to be used in line with the other standard saber stances.

For basejka or JA+, no you wont be able to use it by default on the core base game.  Just speaking of this off top of my head on this.

Old versions of lugormod had Tavion and Desann stances if you trained your saber offense skill to 4 and 5 respectively. I have no idea how they did it, but my guess would be that it was a workaround with .sab files, as you could use Tavion style by using the /saber tavion command even after the stances themselves were no longer available.

Tavion and Desann are quite devastating if you get used to them.  Desann's a lot easier to move.  As mentioned before, adding a quick, easy few lines to the .sab file of any hilt will add these styles. But the only way to get those extra styles on all sabers is either to change all of the .sabs one by one or find a mod that unlocks them for you.

Fuse294 likes this

Use OJP:E or get a coded mod with it, desann and tavion styles is call the forbiden style, and need to get coded to work in the game if you have a high or low level depends on what sort of config you set up for it in the code, the cheap and easy way is, doing it in the sab. files but does servers you want to use it on need to have does files also 

Thanks, I will try it! :)

Do anybody know what is the correct name of the basic styles? I mean red, blue and yellow?

Because I added to my hilt sab file the line: /saberStyle desann and i can use this style but i can't use the other three. So, if i add this line, then on this hilt i can use just that style or if i added the normal stances i can use them too?

Thx for the help, guys! :)

• 11 months later...

BTW this lines arent working, I select edited saber and in MP i have only basic 3 styles :-(

Well, i use openjk. maybe is for this. original game maybe has not this feature. i not remember.

if you use setforceall 3 as cheat command of consolle into the default , you can get all force power to level 3 and also all the seven styles availables. setforceall however, unlock all the sevenstyles.

for working you need to put that into a custom .SAB of a your own SAB. file and you need to load the saber with consolle.

example: you make a saber called katana1 with this command, and you put into consolle "saber katana1" and magically you get the saber with the 2 styles unlocked.

for add also the basic styles of combat you need to add :

saberstylelearned fast

saberstylelearned medium

saberstylelearned strong

into the SAB file.

for make you an example by my mod:

reaver13
{
    name        "The Soul Reaver"
    saberType    SABER_SITH_SWORD
    saberModel    "models/weapons2/reaver13/reaver13.glm"
    g2MarksShader    "gfx/damage/reavermark"
    soundOn        "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/reaverin.mp3"
    soundOff    "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/reaverout.mp3"
    saberLength    70
    saberradius    20
    saberColor    blue
    noBlade        1
    trailstyle    1
    noidleEffect    1
    saberstylelearned    fast
    saberstylelearned    medium
    saberstylelearned    strong
    saberstylelearned    desann
    saberstylelearned    tavion
    saberstyleforbidden    staff
    swingsound1    "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/SoupiritReaver1.mp3"
    swingsound2    "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/SpiritReaver2.mp3"
    swingsound3    "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/SpiritReaver3.mp3"
    onInWater     1
    spinsound    "sound/weapons/Spirit_Reaver/SpiritReaver1.mp3"
    fallSound1    "sound/weapons/skullreaver/fall1.mp3"
    fallSound2    "sound/weapons/skullreaver/fall2.mp3"
    fallSound3    "sound/weapons/skullraver/fall3.mp3"
    bounceOnWalls    1
    bladeEffect    "reavers/spiritblade2.efx"
    blockEffect    "reavers/spiritblock2.efx"
    hitPersonEffect "reavers/spiritimpactbody2.efx"
    hitOtherEffect    "reavers/spiritimpact2.efx"
    damagescale    6
    Knockbackscale    1
    nowallmarks    1
    lockbonus    8
    parrybonus    8
    disarmbonus    8
    MaxChain    -1
    ReadyAnim    BOTH_SABERSLOW_STANCE
    drawAnim    BOTH_SHOWOFF_FAST
    putawayAnim    BOTH_VICTORY_STAFF
    KataMove    LS_STABDOWN
    lungeAtkMove     LS_A3_SPECIAL
    jumpAtkFwdMove  LS_ROLL_STAB
    JumpAtkBackMOve    LS_BACKSTAB
    g2WeaponMarkShader "gfx/effects/bloodsplat"
    twohanded    1
    oninwater    1
}

• 2 weeks later...

The thing about that is it can sometimes glitch and you get locked into a stance like Fast and cannot change without restarting, and that's SP only, not MP.

You can "unlock" it by binding two keys to the saber attack cycle and pressing them both.

Fuse294 likes this