Configuration of a new server - OpenJK

Hello all.

I'm reviving a old clan of mine and to do so i bought a server on bluefangsolutions for two reasons, especially:

- Cheap price for 32slots

- Allows to choose the installation mod.

Even if am used to set servers of ja+ and learnt from here and there on the past, i choose to set one with the mod OpenJK, but now i get some situations going on.

I'm using a mac, and recently bought Jedi Academy for steam. I've also a JKA installed version with openjk on my computer.

On the 1st step i changed the basic settings inside the ftp/openjk/server.cfg folder for the normal ones (server name, rcon, maxclients)

The server appears online but in the steam version of jka appears this:

THxwwKv.png

On my openjk jka version appears this one:

ZvXdrUx.png

And then No or bad challenge for your adress.

How can i solve this?

The only cfg i got its a ja+ one. Any chance to apply it on this server?
Any lights for a perfect experience on this OpenJK server settings will be so helpfull. Thank you for your help in advance.

Any extra info please say. Just created a xfire account for any direct chatting or from here on jkhub.

Smoo likes this

Have to disagree. Lousy customer support and a bogus ddos protection claim :P

(Not that its a problem if your server is rather small on activity)

Well being a revive, yes at this moment it will be smaller on activity, still contacting old members and all of that.

Some clans mate are expert on ddos matters, i will talk to them about this point.

I remember there was a protection for servers, Jaas. Still lot of work going on. But the provider seems fine by me. Used gamingdeluxe on the past. Now i'm trying this one, especially for the 32 slots for cheap price.

Bluefangsolutions is such an amazing provider and very affordable too! :)

So far, the support was quick and effective. Don't know how they will be handling on bigger problems.

@@Renegade

We used GamingDeluxe, they are truly great. Only issue is DDOS once again but its not a problem unless you become very active. To handle that level of DDOS which is used by certain people in the community, your best solution is a virtual machine from NFOServers. Otherwise its simply too difficult. You need to stop the packets before they actually arrive towards the application layer (server itself) and thats not doable on regular server providers.

Have to disagree. Lousy customer support and a bogus ddos protection claim :P

(Not that its a problem if your server is rather small on activity)

I've always had decent customer support myself, I hear there isn't many who run the business though. Also, you can just change the jampded yourself, so you can put on a patched version, i have 2 different patched jampdeds for 1.00, just not on 1.01 atm

@@Renegade

We used GamingDeluxe, they are truly great. Only issue is DDOS once again but its not a problem unless you become very active. To handle that level of DDOS which is used by certain people in the community, your best solution is a virtual machine from NFOServers. Otherwise its simply too difficult. You need to stop the packets before they actually arrive towards the application layer (server itself) and thats not doable on regular server providers.

To be fair, a determined DDOS will shut down any server, so even with protection like this it'd still go down.

Renegade and Smoo like this

JKG Developer

To be fair, a determined DDOS will shut down any server, so even with protection like this it'd still go down.

True! But we've had numerous attempts and none have hit us at all thus far as they actively block and blacklist such attacks. Prior to getting that service, with GamingDeluxe: Our server would be down for 2 days straight whereas they would tell us that there is nothing they can do. BlueFang on the other hand, didnt even respond...

True! But we've had numerous attempts and none have hit us at all thus far as they actively block and blacklist such attacks. Prior to getting that service, with GamingDeluxe: Our server would be down for 2 days straight whereas they would tell us that there is nothing they can do. BlueFang on the other hand, didnt even respond...

Well I'm pretty good at fixing servers myself, had one problem I couldn't fix but I had a response quite quicky. Maybe they've improved since the past. Though a friend of mine had a server with em for many years and havnt had problems, though he used a patched jampded he made himself that prevents crashing as well. Anyone, I find it more confinient (+spelling soz) than inx-gaming, you can't change the jamp and jampded files urself so you need to submit a ticket but they don't seem to ever go online this year. Lol though it quite cheap so all the services have their pros and cons.