RGB skins not changing automatically for team gametypes

Go to solution Solved by ensiform,

Would anyone know what I am missing when I RGB a skin, for the RGB areas to not automatically change to red/blue when in a team gametype mode?

I added the RGB shader, and it changes RGB when I enter the red/blue/green values manually or in the species menu area, but when i'm using the skin and in a team-game mode it doesn't change colour, and stays white.

If anyone knows what i'm missing I would appreciate it!

I know I just assumed there would be something obvious I wasn't including.

models/players/jeslyn/sintra/sintrabody
{
{
map models/players/jeslyn/sintra/sintrabody
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO 
rgbGen lightingDiffuseEntity
}
{
   map models/players/jeslyn/sintra/sintrabody
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA  GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA 
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
}

The RGB shader is the same as the shaders for base RGB textures inside players.shader, so I can only assume it's an extra file that i'm missing. I had already copied over a playerchoice.txt from an existing base rgb skin (jedi_zf) for the preset colour blocks in the species menu, and I also included a menus.str file with the name of the new skin's species section etc including the original menus.str data. 

So i don't know what i'm missing.

It is yes, the RGB works fine changing the R/G/B values manually, it just doesn't auto-apply when entering a team-based gametype when the base skins that have RGB functioning do.

I checked some other custom skins which have RGB and this issue is occurring also; it seems any custom skin with RGB but no species support it will work, but if your custom skin is RGB with species support it won't auto change, unless we have all been missing an additional shader file somewhere or something.

I found inside the ui.shader a series of shaders for the preset RGB colour swatches in the species menu, but this isn't something related to the issue of it not forcing RGB colours in a team-based gametype so i'm still baffled. I always assumed it would "just work" if I followed the process of other skins in the past, but it's only recently i've noticed that it doesn't force the RGB colours with the skins i've put together.

The issue is that I have no idea why custom skins with RGB and customisation/species support refuse to auto-change the RGB values to being blue or red in team-based gametypes, yet base/original skins such as jedi_tf or jedi_hm change with no problems. Custom skins without customisation/species support change their values to match blue or red values fine, so i'm not quite sure what the solution would be.

I can only assume that it is hard coded or something, as I have looked through enough shader files and model folders with no obvious solution for it to be something I could use to fix it. This isn't just an issue with skins I have created, it's happening with any custom skin with RGB support/customisation support that I have tested since noticing this issue.

That command didn't work for me, I have openjk and ja++ installed if it helps.

I swapped my directories to start with "jedi_" at the beginning of the model's folder, and applied it to the shader path directories and it fixed the issue, thanks Ensiform!