Jango Fett WIP

@@extreme_x0 If I recall correctly HapSlash left the community in a bit of a hissy fit (not entirely sure why exactly), but he was a talented modeler regardless. 

I was a member of The Void back in the day, but I don't really remember much of it, or whatever happened to Hapslash. I do remember that his brother passed away a couple years ago.

@@Noodle I don't remember exactly why he left, but looking back at some old posts on The Void, he didn't seem the happiest about a lot (mostly related to modeling and even the Star Wars franchise). 

I've always wondered what happened to the modding legends like Haps and Toshi. People just disappear I guess.

The passing of his brother definitely didn't help this case - he was rather distant after this happened. I remember him saying/posting that he shifted from modeling for JO/JA to creating stuff in Second Life. Other than that information, he seems to have vanished off the face of the planet. Being a member of the Void since 2005, I've come to being good friends with him and IB. IB, me, and a small group of other Voidians would play some MP matches in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. It's such a shame that his WIP's just kinda vanished with him. I was looking forward to his Dengar, IG-88, and Boba Fett.

Hapslash and Infinity Blade were tag team modelers. Hap would model something and IB would help weigh it - and of course IB was able to model things too - such as those swords and Mercenary Kyle, etc. They were best friends, best brothers. They were two halves on the same side of a coin, as they use to say, but much closer. I loved hanging out with them whenever they wanted to take a break from things. The Void was, and still is, my primary Internet home. So many memories. If it weren't for the Void, my character of Karag Drakas wouldn't be as developed as he is now - even though I've been working on it for 10 years and never released any of the story. :P

Anyhow, I understand how you haven't had time to finish stuff, man. I have a kid, so I definitely understand. I barely have time to get on, and when I do, I don't have much time. But do know I am looking forward to this stuff! More Mandos and Jango? What's not to love? If anything, the wait will be worth it. People have lives, so, as I said, completely understandable.

Onysfx likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I think part of the reason he left the modding scene was because of people demanding him to make models and demand etas for them. I remember infinity blade too. He made an anakin skywalker ep3 back in the day.  Hapslash was also working on a clone trooper with a proper head model (ep2/ep3). I was hoping for a release, but it never came to fruition. 

clone.jpg

jango.jpg

clone2.jpg

yes, haps did have quite the good models, including a darth vader one, which i presume was wip and being made for the df mod:

PcZ81QS.jpg

gcIAoQh.jpg

and btw i got the model from the mots mod source files, fully rigged, but without a shader to fix the inside of his cape being invisible, however @@Jeff made a shader to fix that

Langerd likes this

He went to Half Life 2, not Second Life. Huge difference. :lol:

Hapslash received dozens of requests a day for him to make countless models. People complained and called him selfish for not contributing enough because he didn't take up their requests. This eventually led to him backing off tremendously, only visiting his Void occasionally.

He was a great modeler but an even better texture artist. He made good stuff but treating him like a god is a bit much.

Anyhow, let's keep this a bit more on topic.

• 8 months later...

yes, haps did have quite the good models, including a darth vader one, which i presume was wip and being made for the df mod:

PcZ81QS.jpg

gcIAoQh.jpg

and btw i got the model from the mots mod source files, fully rigged, but without a shader to fix the inside of his cape being invisible, however @@Jeff made a shader to fix that

Hello! Is there any link for this model? I am thinking about editing it a little :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...