Some new force powers, perhaps?

Please create more level for Lightsaber throw :) you know like,you can throw two lightsaber or things like that :DDD

That would be sooooooooo badass xDD

(sry for my english)

Seems like a good idea. Alora_dual can throw both of her lightsabers, perhaps dual and staff saber throw could be allowed at throw lvl 4 and 5 respectively.

GPChannel likes this

I'm all for someone adding force Destruction into the game. There was a cut Cultist NPC who was supposed to have Destruction, though what we got in game was just a suicide bomber who activates force rage and vanishes seconds after spawning but creates a very strong explosion that covers so much space that it's hard to escape from him without taking any damage. Unfortunately, no graphics accompany the explosion. Maybe someone could bring back both force Destruction and fix up the cut NPC so that force Destruction regular is always available but the Cultist has a much stronger version of it.

I always thought the 'use' key would be a good way to power up a force power. Since I can't think of a time when holding use and using a force power was ever done.

Like hold use and press force push for a super push. 

Why not just hold down the use force key, and when releasing it, the force power would be triggered? Force Jump works this way in JK1. Ah btw if you jump too high and smack your head into the ceiling, you take damage in that game.

I'm all for someone adding force Destruction into the game. There was a cut Cultist NPC who was supposed to have Destruction, though what we got in game was just a suicide bomber who activates force rage and vanishes seconds after spawning but creates a very strong explosion that covers so much space that it's hard to escape from him without taking any damage. Unfortunately, no graphics accompany the explosion. Maybe someone could bring back both force Destruction and fix up the cut NPC so that force Destruction regular is always available but the Cultist has a much stronger version of it.

Yep, fixing the Cultist_destroyer would be nice. I guess either vehicle explosion graphics could be used, or a fancy new animation, like Darth Nihilus' death in KotOR II, but with a bigger BOOM

-skip to 4:00. I think the cultist_destroyer behaviour is hardcoded for any NPC with that name, so there is no need to mess around with force powers.

Force Pull: it would be great that if you aimed directly at the saber of your opponent and used pull, and they failed to block, you could disarm them similarly to the Kyle_boss npc.

McGroose and GPChannel like this

The hard part of messing with the Cultist Destroyer, I think, would be finding a way to make him appear very rarely in game. While the cultists do have many different NPC types, all of them are either used to often or not used at all to be a good fit for the Destroyer. Based off of the JK3 Prima guide, the Destroyer was so rare that he's existence was only justified through rumor and speculation.

"its rumored that they exist and those who encounter them have not lived long to tell the tale of what happend and no trace of a Cultist Destroyer has ever been found."

He would fit well for a Tier 3 mission or somewhere on Korriban, though I can't think of any way to make him appear only once or twice throughout the entire game other than modifying a map's npc spawn list itself. Unless someone can recommend a rare Cultist variety that appears hardly any times whatsoever. I honestly don't know how often the strongest cultist varieties appear in game.

Anyway, I agree that a vehicle explosion, maybe with a red glow to match Nihilus's death, would fit well for the destruction power. We may not be able to use it yet, though I don't see why we should leave the game's NPC left to rot unfinished.

While we're talking about finishing the NPC, why not give him a different skin? Maybe recolor give him a black or grey outfit to make him stand out.

The hard part of messing with the Cultist Destroyer, I think, would be finding a way to make him appear very rarely in game. While the cultists do have many different NPC types, all of them are either used to often or not used at all to be a good fit for the Destroyer. Based off of the JK3 Prima guide, the Destroyer was so rare that he's existence was only justified through rumor and speculation.

"its rumored that they exist and those who encounter them have not lived long to tell the tale of what happend and no trace of a Cultist Destroyer has ever been found."

He would fit well for a Tier 3 mission or somewhere on Korriban, though I can't think of any way to make him appear only once or twice throughout the entire game other than modifying a map's npc spawn list itself. Unless someone can recommend a rare Cultist variety that appears hardly any times whatsoever. I honestly don't know how often the strongest cultist varieties appear in game.

Anyway, I agree that a vehicle explosion, maybe with a red glow to match Nihilus's death, would fit well for the destruction power. We may not be able to use it yet, though I don't see why we should leave the game's NPC left to rot unfinished.

While we're talking about finishing the NPC, why not give him a different skin? Maybe recolor give him a black or grey outfit to make him stand out.

There is another cultist variant that's not used, the cultistcommando. He has dual blaster pistols. I think the commando could be used on Vjun3, while the destroyer could have its place on Tanaab (t3_stamp), or Kor1/2. 

There is another cultist variant that's not used, the cultistcommando. He has dual blaster pistols. I think the commando could be used on Vjun3, while the destroyer could have its place on Tanaab (t3_stamp), or Kor1/2. 

My cultist and Reborn NPC files are heavily modified. I already replaced some of the more rare cultist variants and the cultists with E-11 rifles with the Commando. Now plenty of them appear on Vjun, a few of them appear in Tier 3 missions and some of them are on Korriban. Very rarely, I may see one guarding the tractor beam on Tatooine. I also replaced some regular saber cultists with the E-11 cultists to ensure they appear more because I always thought they should be the most common cultist seen, and to an extent, they are now.  

Yes, the Commando would be a good replacement for the E-11 cultists on Vjun 3, and a few of the strongest saber wielding cultists could also be replaced with either more Commandos or a Destroyer. Ensuring that the Destroyer appears very rarely on specific missions will still be a problem with the map's npc layout, not just an modifying an NPC file itself. I can't recall any specific cultist NPCs that appear only in Korriban and/or Tanaab.

I actually think T3_Rift would be a more suitable level for the destroyer, but I can see why you suggested Tanaab.

I actually think T3_Rift would be a more suitable level for the destroyer, but I can see why you suggested Tanaab.

Just to make sure that everyone knows: I suggested it for 2 reasons, one being that opening a door only to find a destroyer on the other side while being chased by godzilla would be great lulz, the other reason is that using grip + push the destroyer could be used against the mutant rancor, to slow it down at least.

Just to make sure that everyone knows: I suggested it for 2 reasons, one being that opening a door only to find a destroyer on the other side while being chased by godzilla would be great lulz, the other reason is that using grip + push the destroyer could be used against the mutant rancor, to slow it down at least.

Maybe the Destroyer should also have force grip or pull to try and hold the player down so that they don't escape the explosion.

Maybe the Destroyer should also have force grip or pull to try and hold the player down so that they don't escape the explosion.

Nah, that'd make him waaay too OP. Besides that, it would not work. The CD immediately starts the Dark Rage when engaging, and as soon as that animation ends, he explodes. While he is in that animation, he can't use other Force powers.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The power that I prefer to see in Jedi Knight saga is something similar to the biotic charge of Mass Effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHVzmGOnLU

This power could be elaborated with a combination between Force speed and concussion shot; the differences are that this power would not slow down the time and you can not change the distance you travel, but just move to reach the enemy.

Upgrades.

More damage.

Less consumption of Force points.

Recharge the shield with a charge at an target, although the latter is perhaps too powerful but could work only against non-Force sensitives.

Drain the target's life with a charge at an target, but this only works against living non-Force sensitives.

Charge through walls and other material objects, with only the Force sense on target, also a too powerful upgrade but it fits with the power.

The name of the ability would be Force charge and a explanation would be a Force sensitive fuses her / his material body briefly with her / his spiritual body and it moves at the speed of light toward the target, releasing a huge amount of energy in that place for recreate the material body of the sensitive and her / his equipment.

Combos.

Force charge + saber attack: at the conclusion of the Force charge the sensitive impales the target.

Force charge + Force grip: the target is immobilized to the Force charge.

Force charge + Force drain: charge absorb life from target for the sensitive instead of recharging her / his shield.

In the spiritual form the sensitive is only vulnerable, but for less than a second, to purely Force attacks.

What your opinion?

If I wanted to use mass effect powers, i'd just go play mass effect  :P charge would be ridiculous to implement in JKAs gameplay imo, maybe a force dash power like TFUs as a compromise?

My suggestion only refers to the biotic charge. You could explain why the biotic charge would be ridiculous in JA, because I do not think so. Dash power is similar but not quite, because that will not necessarily approaching to the enemy or end in explosion.

• 2 months later...

I'm brainstorming something like Kinetic Combat.

Kreia.jpg

It's known from KotOR II. The Force user (who is Kreia in that game) uses telekinesis to control a whole bunch of lightsabers. I think the remote (aka training remote, the little spherical droids you can summon)logic could be abused somehow to recreate it, with invisible "remotes" armed with lightsabers being spawned by the force power. Now, Jedi aren't wizards, they can't make lightsabers appear out of nowhere. A solution to this problem would be if the player could pick up lightsabers dropped by dead enemies, and then use the said lightsabers as "ammo" for this power. If an enemy manages to shoot / cut down a lightsaber used in Kinetic Combat, it would be destroyed. If the shockwave of an explosive reaches a lightsaber, or if it is hit by a lightsaber wielding enemy with great power, or if the Jedi runs out of Force points, the lightsaber(s) would deactivate and fall to the ground, ready to be picked up again.

The flying lightsabers could be controlled three ways:
-the power would behave much like saber throw level 3, but the Jedi throws a bunch of sabers instead of just one. The higher the level of the power, the more sabers the Jedi can control at the same time, but s/he is still limited by the amount of lightsabers s/he has. Another difference is that instead of just mindlessly spinning in the air, these sabers would mimic actual fencing moves, deflect blaster bolts, parry attacks etc.

-the sabers would actually be NPCs summoned by the Force power, who seek out and attack nearby enemies on their own.

-the sabers would actually be NPCs summoned by the Force power, one of them would be controlled by the player the same way NPCs are controlled through Mind trick lvl 4, and the rest of the lightsabers would follow the controlled one.

Force power that disrupts or allows control of droids?

There are such Force powers in the Star Wars universe. Force Ionise is an example, it's basically a Force Lightning that is used only against droids, however, Ionise not only damages droids, but also stuns them temporarily. There is also an ancient Sith technique called "Mechu-deru", which allows a Force user to bind droids and other artificial constructs to his or her will.