Some new force powers, perhaps?

It'd be great if JKA had some more force powers, and 5 instead of 3 lvls, perhaps JK:E can do it? Here are my ideas:

Force Destruction: the (dark) Jedi launches a powerful blast of Dark Side energy, which manifests itself as a projectile that detonates on impact. Force absorb can protect against the blast completely, but only mitigate the effect of a direct hit.

Higher levels of this force powers should do more damage, and perhaps at lvl 4-5, the projectile could home on the target a little.

Force Crush: The Jedi uses telekinesis to crush the body of an enemy. I actualy made this once with a script on a lugormod server. The Jedi makes a hand gesture when using the power (I used slowed down force pull animation), unless resisted, the targeted individual will play the lvl1 dark rage animation first (body slightly lifts off the ground, arches back, arms spread), then play his/her "falling to death" sound, -at this point the target starts to receive damage-, and finaly, the "hitting ground hard" sound would be played, (for droids, something else would be ideal), and the target suffers massive damage/dies instantly. The force power could be resisted by using Push/Pull/Absorb. Higher levels of this force power should do more damage, and the whole process of crushing the enemy should take less time.

Force Camoflage: The Jedi renders him/herself invisible with the Force, the effect is the same as using a cloaking generator. Unless the jedi fires a weapon, uses a lightsaber or offensive force powers or gets close to them, non-force sensitive enemies won't notice him/her. Taking damage will disrupt the effect of Force Camoflage, as it requires perfect concentration. While active, FP would be consumed. At higher levels, less FP is consumed by the power, it can be maintained for longer time, the jedi can get closer to enemies without them noticing him/her, and more damage is required to disrupt the camoflage. This would be a Light Side power.

Force Body: Not useful by itself, but while Force Body is active, the Jedi can continue to use force powers even with depleted Force pool, at the expense of health.  Like Dark Rage, this power could not be used if the jedi has less than 10 health. Higher levels would drain the health of the Jedi less. This would be a Light Side power.

Darth Sion, Circa and McGroose like this

Nice! I'll go ahead and post my ideas as well.

Force Insanity: Dark side power almost identical to Mind Trick, but drives the victim insane. Level 1 would render them inactive, just going insane. Level 2 would be the same as Level 1 but would eventually kill them or maybe force them to jump off a ledge to their death? Level 3 would do as level 3 mind trick does, turns them against their own team, but eventually die instead of turning back to normal.

And I can't remember my other ideas...

@@redsaurus did you write my ideas down? :P

Bek and Darth Sion like this

Check this out about Force Destruction:

http://jkhub.org/topic/3637-from-concussion-to-destruction-help/

Well then, I'll post an "old" power:

Force Throw: The Dark Jedi picks a target and Force throws any object affected by the power at him. Higher levels would affect other enemies as well to be thrown at the target. I think that a modified Force Push could do the trick, since Force Push can already push misc_model_breakable and they are already coded to move toward a specific target, though that code is broken.

How about Force Scream?

lvl 1 - when you use this power enemy can't get close to you, like we do on first level of JKA with Howlers. Player can't move.
lvl 2 - enemy cant get close and taking damage, hmmm...something like 1 hp in sec if he in damage zone. Player still can't move.
lvl 3 - enemy falls and taking damage 2 hp in sec when he in damage zone. Damage zone becomes bigger and player can move but lose 25 hp.

cheet code lvl 4 - fu***d up everybody around :angry:

Force Wookiee.

Level 1: Turn into wookiee

Level 2: Gives wookiee-form a growl ability, making people run away in fear

Level 3: Wookiees rain down from the sky. Instantly kills you or enemies that are hit by falling wookiees

No, but in all seriousness, here's what I can remember from what we had in mind from JKG:

The idea was something similar to Magicka. When holding down the Block button, executing force powers would allow you to create "force combos". Only a few specific combos worked. For instance, Force Zombie would be Lightning + Heal + Heal. It would resurrect a dead NPC to fight for a limited amount of time (you can recast it over and over on the same dead body after the zombie version dies, but each time, the duration is cut in half)

We also had a few ideas as to new base force powers. Saber throw was to be a new power itself (since alt fire became block). There was also to be a Force Meditate. Dark Rage was to be replaced with something else (deadly sight?) and there was going to be another new power for the Dark Side.

Bek, Circa, Keyten and 3 others like this

Nice! I'll go ahead and post my ideas as well.

Force Insanity: Dark side power almost identical to Mind Trick, but drives the victim insane. Level 1 would render them inactive, just going insane. Level 2 would be the same as Level 1 but would eventually kill them or maybe force them to jump off a ledge to their death? Level 3 would do as level 3 mind trick does, turns them against their own team, but eventually die instead of turning back to normal.

And I can't remember my other ideas...

@@redsaurus did you write my ideas down? :P

This is kinda good, I have tought of it too. How it could work is that organic enemies that don't have force sense/sight would be stuck in the "cower in fear" animation, this is what jawas do when you corner them. I guess it would be fair if they could retaliate if you attack them tho. 

I also have another one:

Force Deadly Sight: while active, every NPC and player in front of the Jedi sustains damage. The range and damage of the power is amplified at higher levels. The more entites are caught within the Jedi's field of view, the less damage they take individualy. Can be resisted with Force Absorb.  This would need a new animation for the victims too, they should wiggle around like if they were on fire, and some particle effect like in JK1 would be cool too. When someone dies because of the power, their bodies should be disintegrated.

I have a couple of ideas:

1. Charged lightsaber attacks (Tier 4 saber offence?), maybe different effects depending on which style and /or power you have toggled.

2. New powers that can be learned after mastering a different power:

• Force Push --> Force Repulse
    • Tier 1: Basically a tier 3 push in all directions
    • Tier 2: Does damage to victims.
    • Tier 3: Can disintegrate victims.
  • Force Speed --> Force Dash
    • Just like in TFUII. Speed and distance will increase with each tier.
  • Force Lightning --> Force Bolt
    • The user blasts a concentrated lightning bolt at a single target. Not sure about the tiers of this one.

You would still have access to the original power.

3. We could also have a light side version of force grip (and rename the dark side version to force choke) which doesn't damage the target, and can pick up and throw objects and people. 

The idea was something similar to Magicka. When holding down the Block button, executing force powers would allow you to create "force combos". Only a few specific combos worked. For instance, Force Zombie would be Lightning + Heal + Heal. It would resurrect a dead NPC to fight for a limited amount of time (you can recast it over and over on the same dead body after the zombie version dies, but each time, the duration is cut in half)

Combos would be great, as they would allow more force powers and variety. I'd fancy combos that involve movement keys. Here are some that come to my mind:

W+S+lvl 3 or better lightining= KotOR style lightning storm attack

W+S+lvl 3 or better drain= KotOR style "Force Death Field"

W+S+heal=team heal (so the current team heal can be made into something different)

W+S+force push lvl 3 or better= force repulse or force wave

Force speed lvl3+better+W+Jump (so the currently existing dash move)+melee kata=a huge force speed/jump assisted kick, preferably with the knee, that can do serious damage to human sized enemies, as well as knock them over and send them flying a few meters.

GPChannel likes this

Also, if you're talking about pressing W+S at the same time, it isn't possible to detect this since movement control is handled by three variables: fwdmove, rightmove, upmove. In the console versions (and XBOX controls for OJK) these correspond to the analog sticks and analog button pressure (digital in the case of OJK). You can't simultaneously hold an analog stick up and down. Likewise, W and S represent an analog stick being pulled all the way up and down. So, fwdmove in this case would probably resolve to 0 (same as not moving)

Also, if you're talking about pressing W+S at the same time, it isn't possible to detect this since movement control is handled by three variables: fwdmove, rightmove, upmove. In the console versions (and XBOX controls for OJK) these correspond to the analog sticks and analog button pressure (digital in the case of OJK). You can't simultaneously hold an analog stick up and down. Likewise, W and S represent an analog stick being pulled all the way up and down. So, fwdmove in this case would probably resolve to 0 (same as not moving)

Perhaps another way would be creating a "combo key" or "alt fire key" for force powers? Like,  if it's pressed, then a force is used shortly afterwards, the combo variant would be used.

Force Magnetise

Dark Side

Lv.1 - Magnetises an enemy, redirecting a few fired shots into him for 25% of their original damage, at the cost of 25 FP.

Lv.2 - All shots are redirected for 50% damage, costs 25FP still.

Lv.3 - All shots are redirected plus a couple objects get magnetised and get thrown against him too, 85% damage of the shots, 15 damage on impact from each object, costs 30FP.

Ow, how could I forget all the great Force powers MOTS introduced?

Force Far Sight: The Jedi meditates and exit his body, to allow him to explore unknown or dangerous areas. Higher levels cause a higher duration.

Force Projection: The Jedi creates a hologram of himself that can draw the enemies' attention. Higher levels would make the hologram stay longer.

Darth Sion and Scorpion like this

Ow, how could I forget all the great Force powers MOTS introduced?

Force Far Sight: The Jedi meditates and exit his body, to allow him to explore unknown or dangerous areas. Higher levels cause a higher duration.

Force Projection: The Jedi creates a hologram of himself that can draw the enemies' attention. Higher levels would make the hologram stay longer.

Far Sight is quite interesting. I guess it should be much like spectator mode.

Force Quake Lvl1: Force user pounds the ground and causes an area of effect that does small damage to a 15 meter radius

Force Quake Lvl2: Force user pounds the ground and causes an area of effect that does medium damage to a 30 meter radius, anyone within a 60 meter radius also experiences screenshake.  Does extra damage to those within a 5 meter radius.  This power can be used in the air, if used in the air, the user will drop down immediately (Mario butt smash style) and when they impact the ground the power will activate.

Force Quake Lvl3: Force user pounds the ground and causes an area of effect that does medium damage to a 60 meter radius, anyone within a 30 meter range has an extra 10% damage done, and anyone within a 5 meter range receives an extra 45% damage.  If used in the air, the damage done will increase depending on how much fall damage the user takes.  Anyone within a 80 meter radius experience screenshake and will be knocked to the ground (as if kicked).

^^A power I proposed for JKG

JKG Developer

Swapping Force Grip to Telekinesis seems to be a frequent topic in the community, perhaps it could be done with the combo key I proposed earlier? I mean, pressing this key then using grip would result in Telekinesis, which can lift up and move droids and allies, as well as inanimate objects, but does no damage. Force Throw could be executed by lifting up something or someone, then using Force Push on it. I'm thinking about making special NPCs that look like map objects, and deal damage to entities when colliding much like NPC vehicles. However, I'm not sure if attaching these objects to the map would be possible. I mean, do you remember when Darth Vader was throwing pipes at Luke? He torn those off the wall. 

Swapping Force Grip to Telekinesis seems to be a frequent topic in the community, perhaps it could be done with the combo key I proposed earlier? I mean, pressing this key then using grip would result in Telekinesis, which can lift up and move droids and allies, as well as inanimate objects, but does no damage. Force Throw could be executed by lifting up something or someone, then using Force Push on it. I'm thinking about making special NPCs that look like map objects, and deal damage to entities when colliding much like NPC vehicles. However, I'm not sure if attaching these objects to the map would be possible. I mean, do you remember when Darth Vader was throwing pipes at Luke? He torn those off the wall. 

I'd rather them just be separate powers. Your method sounds hard to use IMO.

Force Storm - similiar to force lightning or could even be force lightning as lvl4 or 5 - the user holds his hand upwards and releases thunderbolts to all enemies that surround him at that given moment - level 5 would have max radius whereas lvl 4 would have the same radius as Force Lightning lvl3 but not just in front of the player - all around him!

Force Impaler - one way to throw the saber is in JKA, KOTOR and partly TFU seen as throwing a rotating saber. So what if the saber could actually be thrown at a super fast speed and instead of rotating, flying straight forwards, into your enemies? :D Like in TFU charged saber throw, could be a nasty unblockable idea :P but it would also take up a few seconds of charging up and in those seconds, the user is completely vulnerable from all sides. 

Force Explosion - the jedi/dark jedi uses his powers to move particles of varius fluids inside living beings (or certain objects too), coliding and causing lots of pressure to build up, causing them to explode. Level 1 would only let like some steam out of the victim and hurt him. Level 2 would already explode the target in like 5 seconds, level 3 in 3 seconds and it would also work on multiple targets. The blast on this level also does some minor damage. :D

Force Slow - darkside power, slows the target down. Each level slows the targets down more, lvl 2 and 3 each work on multiple targets, level 3 on a lot, lvl2 on 2 or 3. If the target can block the force power attack, the user is slowed down instead. In double-use with Force Speed, this force power would allow a pseudo bullet time - the player being super fast and the enemies slowed down.

These are my ideas which I'd really love to see made :D at least Force Impaler or Slow! Those two are realistic and possibly if we could add more levels to the existing force powers, they could be tweaked too like Force Lightning becomes Force Storm for level 4 and 5. Saber Throw becomes Force Impaler at level 4 or 5 and so on. :) This could lead to another idea - Force Mastering. Like, for one chosen power per SP campaign, it'd be possible to MASTER it, evolve it into another, stronger force power. BUT ONLY ONE!

IMO we should stick with canon Force powers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power

So no "Force Wookie" like things  :P

Unfortunately, afaik there can not be more than 32 force powers in the game. That's why I proposed that we add an "alt fire" key for force powers. By the way, speaking of secondary functions, I think that Mind Trick could have one too: When Mind Trick lvl 3 or better is used on a Wampa or a Rancor, they should be turned into their vehicle variants. Lvl 3 would be required to tame a wampa, lvl 5 to tame a Rancor. This implies that their attacks should be fixed, so the player riding on their back could use the beast to attack enemies. When abandoned, they should return to their normal behaviour after a minute or two. The game should automaticly assign npc vehicles with the corresponding name to npcs, for example, if the power is used on a Wampa, it would be turned into a Wampa_vehicle, if used on randomcrap, it should be turned into a randomcrap_vehicle, if there is one. One of the statistics of the NPC could be used to determine if the beast can be tamed with the current level of Mind Trick. For example, the Intelligence stat. So if the NPC has a _vehicle version AND the Jedi's Mind Trick level is greater or equal to the NPC's Intelligence stat, and the NPC's class is not CLASS_ATST (to prevent players from taming an AT-ST  :lol: ), then the NPC could be "tamed" and used as a vehicle.

>inb4 modders create a stormtrooper_vehicle and ride around on the back of the poor bastard.

Smoo and Darth Sion like this

In Lugormod, I betatested some new "powers" to use for a coder, including destruction, cloak ,stun, slow, body, etc. most of the powers mentioned in this thread. it didn't work out on an active server and made combat pretty damn tedious. the only people who liked the additions were TFU-loving kiddos, aside from them everyone else despised it

honestly, only powers i'd be cool with are destruction and blindness if you balance them right

In Lugormod, I betatested some new "powers" to use for a coder, including destruction, cloak ,stun, slow, body, etc. most of the powers mentioned in this thread. it didn't work out on an active server and made combat pretty damn tedious. the only people who liked the additions were TFU-loving kiddos, aside from them everyone else despised it

honestly, only powers i'd be cool with are destruction and blindness if you balance them right

I used to love lugormod and was breddy gud at it, usualy I was in the top 3 on the dueling scoreboard, but it has some serious issues, staff spam and grip being insanely broken is the worst. Also, dumb map builders who put free infinite ysilamiri and concussion rifle on the same map.