what is the ip of the raven master server?

my server doesnt show and i think its because of my ip tables... does anyone know the IP to the master servers of raven? id like to white list them but i dont know the ip. masterjk3.ravensoft.com simply redirects to 104.42.2.185 which when i ping, just drops my 4 packets so surely this cant be it? (i tried whitelisting it but it didnt help)

ah well i did whitelist it but no luck... cant be the ddos protection then

why are my servers suddenly not showing up in master server but they work fine in JEDI tracker, gametracker, favourite list and others can connect etc... :(

Don't try to whitelist the master server IP address, it can change at any time.

Are you sure your server is properly responding to getinfo and getstatus requests? If the server's name and player count appear in the favourites list, getinfo works. To test getstatus, click the button to view more info on the server, and if the information about all the players is shown, then that's good.

Does your server work on the JKHub master server? Have one of your server's masters be "master.jkhub.org" then check for it on the list here: http://my.jacklul.com/jkhubservers/

@@eezstreet

We host three servers on our virtual machine. They all have the same IP but end with different three ports =>

(which is a public server with dedicated 2 and very active daily. It runs on the latest version of OpenJK)

(which is a private server with dedicated 1 as to stay hidden from the master server, yet it would end up showing up anyway... It runs on linuxjampded)

(which is a backup server for another clan, dedicated 2, runs latest OpenJK)

is the only one that currently shows up in the server list. Three days ago, all three were showing up. How is it that suddenly and got switched off from the master servers and cant appear again? ( not really being any issue as thats what we technically want). I have literally tried everything I can think of and I just cannot seem to solve it. Even tried shutting of the for an hour or so and see if that'd help, but nope...

I remember that in the past, hosting multiple servers on the same IP would not work too well with raven's master server. Some would occasionally not show.

If you have a extra IPs, I'd recommend trying that out.

Our three ran fine though for a fairly long time until two suddenly decided to go kaput. And if I am not mistaken, Caelum did the same thing when he hosted several servers for many clans and that wasnt an issue either. As far as im aware, EFF only has one server too. It seems strange that out of the three servers we host, only our clan is down but not the one we host for another clan :P...

Anyway thanks for the tip. I tried aquiring some more IPs but there is a shortage of IPv4 addresses and there are none available at this time ;(

z3filus likes this

I've heard that the game used to automatically post your game to the master lists, that you now have to put it in manually, to the jampconfig.cfg file.
I don't have a server so I've had no reason to look into this, but maybe you should try this out? I think you need to add these to your .cfg

"seta sv_master2 "

"seta sv_master3 "

"seta sv_master4 "

"seta sv_master5"

JUST A WILD GUESS

Edited by Circa
Smoo likes this

I've heard that the game used to automatically post your game to the master lists, that you now have to put it in manually, to the jampconfig.cfg file.

I don't have a server so I've had no reason to look into this, but maybe you should try this out? I think you need to add these to your .cfg

We have those set on both server.cfg as well as jampconfig/openjk config. We havent really touched anything but it just stopped showing up. Ah well.