Humble Bundle Star Wars Sale

Circa

Posted Image

I wasn't planning on writing up an article about this, but now I'm thinking it would be a good idea.

Last week, the Humble Bundle program refreshed it's current offer with a handful of very popular Star Wars video games, including titles such as Knights of the Old Republic, Battlefront II, Dark Forces, The Force Unleashed, The Force Unleashed II, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Empire at War, and of course, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. [Edit on Feb 10:] They have added Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Starfighter, and Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight to the $12 tier.

If you're not familiar with Humble Bundle, it's basically a program that offers a number of PC/Mac games for cheap, with the proceeds sent to a certain charity or other nonprofit program. There are usually three different tiers of games that can be obtained with a minimum donation.

With this bundle, our beloved game, Jedi Academy, was featured in the $1 minimum tier. That's dirt cheap, and it has greatly affected the community. As of writing this post, 298,000+ copies of the bundle have been sold. Since Jedi Academy is in the minimum tier, that means all those sales contained the game. Crazy, right? And it's only halfway through the sale!

Here you can see a nice graph illustrating the drastic climb at the end of these three months, taken from Steam player data. This only accounts for Steam players, not ones using the disc, app store, or OpenJK versions.

Posted Image

Here's a closer look at the past few days.

Posted Image

As a result of this, servers are full again. Clans and other groups are seeing a rise in applications. Luckily, the Raven master server was restored to function just in time for this to happen, so all newcomers can see the server list and join at ease.

This was a boost that this community needed, and it's good to see that Raven still cares about this old game enough to fix the master server for us.

If you haven't yet, head on over and purchase the Humble Bundle. Even if you have some games that are offered, the other ones are worth spending a few bucks on. It really is a good deal. There are 8 days left to take advantage of this. Click below to check it out.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

therfiles likes this

The JK2 masterlist works perfectly fine for me. Only around 4 or so people on 1.02 though. Lol And thanks to the humble bundle thimg ive had a bunch of ppl join my servers on ja for a change, ive had lots of fun this weel.

JK2 wasn't part of the humble bundle I don't think? I tried pinging the JK2 master server just now, and it points to the same server as the JKA master server, so maybe they're still working things out.

It isn't yet but they are going to add new games at 11:00 AM Pacific time today. If they don't add JK2 I'll be pretty pissed. I looked at the Star Wars Complete pack on Steam and the only games that weren't part of the bundle were Dark Forces II, JK2 and the clone wars game for the cartoon. 

Ahh. Seems like it's up again now. I was using a temporary fix that worked for the masterserver before, but seems like the tables turned without me noticing.

But yeah, strange, only 1/10-ish of all the servers are there... no CTF ones even, which are usually quite well-packed.

Hmm anyone knows exactly what action was taken with the JK2 masterserver? There's a big bunch of servers missing, including my own.

Is it shown now? They changed the IP address for the master server, and game servers only refresh their master server IP address every 24 hours. So there would be a period of 24 hours where not all of the servers would be on the list unless they were manually restarted.

Is it shown now? They changed the IP address for the master server, and game servers only refresh their master server IP address every 24 hours. So there would be a period of 24 hours where not all of the servers would be on the list unless they were manually restarted.

That could explain it, but there are not any more servers still.

@, afraid it didn't help to restart it. I'd say at least 50-ish% of the servers are still missing, if I recall somewhat correctly.

Smoo likes this