converting zombies models

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

hello guys :)

i downloaded and used this mod today, and converted successfully three 3D models of zombies. http://jkhub.org/files/file/1945-noesis/#commentsStart

now, i've them (in glm format) and their pictures, but there is a little problem :

i don't know what codes i've to write in the .skin files, exemple :

-> head_hood,models/players/blabla...

-> shoulder,models/players/blabla...

-> body_torso,models/players/blabla...

without these codes, textures/pictures don't work (with the model) in game... can you help me? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

need a good animation.cfg for zombies.... it's not so easy because wampa, rancor, howler and every not humanoid model get his custom GLA animation file.  : \

however, about file skin:

oopen it with notepad.

on modeview you can see the meshes\ surfaces tree that show you all meshes that forms the model.

eand so... you got the texture, and you got the model.

for animate the model you Need to import the model on blender or 3d max and importing also the skeleton humanoid of JKA, and rigging this to the models, also you need to make detaching and capping of the model for dismemberment and correct tag using of weapons in his hands. ALso, you need to export model into XSI and convert with carcass into GLM.

also, the model meshes cannot have more of 1000 vertexes for mesh, for this you need to detaching big meshes into meshes more littles.

the skinning is the last part of the work of adapting a model on JKA. they are ported models? o.o

regard the file skin...

open with notepad and you see the list of the meshes of model.

the code is

"NAME OF MESH" , "path of texture"

simply you need to specify for every mesh the path and the name of the texture that cover it surfaces.