Secondary saber blade color cvar

I made some sabers that use two blades to achieve different colors. Unfortunately, I found an issue - upon map change, both saber colors change to whatever is in the g_saber_color cvar, making the entire point moot.

The entire reason I bothered making this mod was because the RGB Sabers SP mod had a similar problem for me - RGB sabers colors rarely survived map change.

As far as I can tell, there just plain isn't a second saber color cvar. I tried finding it with a memory editor, I tried editing the menu files (which I'm really bad at), nothing.

"sabercolor 1 color color2" works for the current map, but I can't find anything that changes color2 permanently within a save.

Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps a way to re-apply the sabercolor cheat upon a map change, or a way to permanently set one blade's color either within the model file or elsewhere? Perhaps even a cvar to prevent the game from dumping the color variable during map change? The color sticks through save/load, just not through map change.

(Adding another saber tag so as to not use the "feature" of projecting two blades from one tag doesn't help, either.)

[Edit] I just found a Singleplayer RGB sabers mod that seems to work perfectly, making mine obsolete. Over here.

sabercolor 2 changes the color of the second saber, not the second blade. So, unfortunately, that doesn't help me - I tested it.

While my little mod is made obsolete by another, I'd still love to find a solution for this - I hate to leave it imperfect.