Saber/Sword weapon request thread

It's going to be super awkward to handle ingame, even if handled as a staff.

Probably better to make that judgement after some testing once Rooxon eventually makes it. :P Even like that adjustments can be made so I see no problem so far.

Greetings Jedi Master Swordsman!

I make the humble request for the lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker circa Star Wars: Episode III, IV, and V. It has always been my most favored model.

Thank you very much for your time, and by all means continue your artistry.

May The Force Be With You.

Rooxon likes this

Greetings Jedi Master Swordsman!

I make the humble request for the lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker circa Star Wars: Episode III, IV, and V. It has always been my most favored model.

Thank you very much for your time, and by all means continue your artistry.

May The Force Be With You.

This gives me an idea for a future project, Rooxon. Why not do all of the movie lightsabers in the future? I mean, we haven't had someone do that in quite some time.

@, to be honest, look; I'm working on my skills and 6 concepts for singles, 9 concepts for duals, besides this I'm doing requests, besides both I promised Mr. Zz I'd start working with him on the texture overhaul, besides this I'll be working weapons for The Dark Pastime... actually there's lots of stuff going on for me right now. Especially learning substance is vital for the overhaul work. 

There's a great pack already out there, so I'm not completely sure I'd do it, but on the other hand maybe I will and have them hilts prepped with normal maps for when rend2 arrives in it's complete glory. If I decide to take it up, you'd need to understand it would be on the very end of my to-do list.

@, to be honest, look; I'm working on my skills and 6 concepts for singles, 9 concepts for duals, besides this I'm doing requests, besides both I promised Mr. Zz I'd start working with him on the texture overhaul, besides this I'll be working weapons for The Dark Pastime... actually there's lots of stuff going on for me right now. Especially learning substance is vital for the overhaul work. 

There's a great pack already out there, so I'm not completely sure I'd do it, but on the other hand maybe I will and have them hilts prepped with normal maps for when rend2 arrives in it's complete glory. If I decide to take it up, you'd need to understand it would be on the very end of my to-do list.

I understand. You don't have to do it, man. I was just suggesting it after all. :)

I'm curious, what can we look forward to from you after the Lightsaber Pike? :P

I have to decide, haven't for sure yet... the lightsaber pike is fairly easy and has lots of different materials I plan to learn creating in substance. If you're interested in what requests I'll be working on, well, after the lightsaber pike I'll maybe do one more request (if you're interested in what order I make them, I'm trying hard to stay fair. I make them in the way they were posted but up until now I've left out one request because of two very good reasons, if I've already done a request for someone and that same person requests something else, it goes to the very back of my list). Otherwise, I plan on finishing the textures in the Mixed Sabers Pack and start working on the Singles, since I've got all 6 additional hilts picked out at this point. After that it'll be the Dual Sabers, once Zefilus manages to come up with enough hilts. Once my weapons part in my projects is finished, I'll start working on guns that are not being made by someone else yet. At the same time, I'll be working on the weapons for The Dark Pastime and finish my part for it, so that the team doesn't need to worry about weapons anymore. 

But this is just a general plan, things may change depending on situations and circumstances. On my to-do list, I've got teaming up with Mr. Zz planned for a restarted Texture Overhaul, weapons for The Dark Pastime and my own project at the moment. Also, I'll help one of our members create a new face for the...elder model, since he needs it for a mod of his.

That's about it. :) Oh, I think I'll go and try playing around with DT's stormtrooper's textures and make a few reskins. I planned to create my own reskin of it anyway, since there's a few specific things I'd like to see on it but I don't on those existing released skins.

EDIT: Actually, expect a ThrowablesHD (Trip Mines, Thermal Detonator etc.) release sometime soon. I'll do those three throwable weapons in JKA right off the bat, once I finish the lightsaber pike. :) Schouldn't be too much work, two or three days schould be enough for all three.

Daedra, Bishwhe and Kualan like this

Damn you're fast. :P

Only when I've got the time :) A bit of music besides 3ds and I'm done with modeling sooner than I know. :D the rest is around an hour of work for the textures, so yeah. Also, I'm saving time by applying materials to the high poly then baking down even the colors and whatever I want to have on my models rough look. Later I edit them by putting the baked maps together in Photoshop and fixing normal maps and so on with the help of the smudge tool. Once that's done, I just add a few masks for now in substance and that's it, but I plan on learning and mastering substance. When I do, my models will pretty much look like AshuraDX's or so I hope at least. :) I reckon there's many details I still lack, that every surface SCHOULD show what material it is and so on. Even though I would know what I want to create in my head, I'm not yet familiar enough with Substance to actually know how to do all those various things.

but it's also true I got a totaly new motivation once I learned high poly modeling and baking. I love to spend my time now creating things, whereas before I only enjoyed it. :)

Daedra and Tauns like this

* Yes, Im aware that it exists. But Rooxon can make a far better version, thats for sure. I really hope he can give it a try

:) I'll have to get used to being talked about so nicely. Well, what can I say.. now I'm on the requests on the fourth page of this topic, and they're getting to be a bit less common, which means I'll quickly catch up.  So yes, why not. :) Just keep in mind that only god knows when I'll actually do it, because I've got tons of stuff I have to make already.

Dumah 11523, Daedra and Tauns like this

@ actually, this was uploaded 3 hours ago. :P since then I've made most of the Thermal Detonator highpoly for my ThrowablesHD pack..well I could as well point this out - I'll take a small pause from requests and create this pack. After that, I'll continue with hilts.

Daedra likes this