The "best" animation and stances mod?

Well, I've been trying some animation and stances mods downloaded form here (and from Syko's JKfiles Mirror), and while the animations and stances are usually cool, all of them (al least, all of the ones I've tested, 5 or 6) have a little weird way of holding lightsabers. I mean, the hands of the playermodel are not well placed in the hilt and looks a little weird.

So... which animation and stances mod do you think is the best (or the one/ones you use)? (mainly keeping in mind that thing about hands-hilt, of course).

Thanks in advance,  :winkthumb:

Bek likes this

Thanks for that, Hidden Bek, I'll check those ones (even the backhand style is not to my taste. I mean: I like it for Starkiller, but I don't like for "every Jedi"). The JKgalaxies one, is avalible as stand-alone? Or I need to download the whole thing?

Thanks for that, Hidden Bek, I'll check those ones (even the backhand style is not to my taste. I mean: I like it for Starkiller, but I don't like for "every Jedi"). The JKgalaxies one, is avalible as stand-alone? Or I need to download the whole thing?

I always have problems installing it so you should just install the zip file on google drive they provided you should be able to find it somewhere on their site.

Aidor likes this

I know what you mean about the hands. The issue is mostly JA's fault. The hand tags are off in the default stances. So when someone makes a saber held correctly in the base stances it is too low in all the other stances. But if someone makes a hilt that is held correctly in a custom stance then it is too high in the base animations.

When I did my stances, runs, and walks I'd lower the hilt in the hand. It's a cheap fix, but it works.

I plan to get back into animating if:

1. I get a better computer and a better animating program

2. someone to make it possible to add styles to both sp and mp with codes

I'm not making anymore until that becomes reality and not just possible but not implemented.

I still have a dozen or so styles I'd like to make. But I don't want to do that in Dragon anymore.

Aidor likes this

yeah, I see what you mean katanamaru, and I noticed this issue with the vanilla stances too, as you say. I guess that that is why Circa has done this mod a few days ago: http://jkhub.org/files/file/2201-fixed-saber-hilts/

But maybe in some custom stances this issue is more noticiable than in the vanilla ones, don't you think? (right now, I don't remember how looks your backhand stances with this little hand-hilt issue... I'm going to check it.

About your plans to get back into animating, well, let's see if someone does what you are waiting for.

My backhand animations have the proper hand tag location. I remember doing that since I had to reset the arms for the animations and that puts them in the correct position. 

I know some custom animations have different issues. The most common is the animator not making proper "legup" animations. Those are the animation that play when the character is on a slope or has a leg off a platform. 

I hope they do to. :)

Aidor likes this

Kain's Movie Stances is probably one of the better ones but if you have to many animation mods the console gives out errors in yellow which I have no idea why.Let me give an example there is a single player mod called Vengeance of the Sith (I always had a liking to it and a few others) when your model is doing certain animations during cutscenes they would hold their lightsabers in the air which I have no idea how to fix.Its not the T-Pose its more like Obi-wan's fighting style when he challenges Grievous but holding both parts of the hilt instead but the model is supposed to do the shake and standing straight animation.

Aidor likes this

My backhand animations have the proper hand tag location. I remember doing that since I had to reset the arms for the animations and that puts them in the correct position. 

yeah... I've tested yours, and looks nice, with any "hands-hilt" problem. I'm going to use it when I won't use the female twilek I'm playing with right now.

Kain's Movie Stances is probably one of the better ones but if you have to many animation mods ...

I'll check those ones, sure. Thanks for the advice!

The game only supports one animation mod at a time. Whichever is the lowest alphabetically is the one it will use. You can't use multiple.

yeah, I figured out about this... I guess cause all animation files has always the same "file name" (inside the pk3 file, of course).

The game only supports one animation mod at a time. Whichever is the lowest alphabetically is the one it will use. You can't use multiple.

I have many animations for each model in my JA Game. The Reborn's have theirs, Jedi's, Sith Acolyte's, Starkiller, Yoda, Vader, Maul, etc... This is the only way. Katanamaru told me, long time ago... the secret how to make it. ;)  Katanamaru is a very nice man. :)  Since then... i maked many stances. :winkthumb:

You can't I'd have to upload a Movie Stance Pack which I downloaded back in 2013.Besides that you can't find it anymore.

Might you be so kind and share with us those stances...  ;)

I have many animations for each model in my JA Game. The Reborn's have theirs, Jedi's, Sith Acolyte's, Starkiller, Yoda, Vader, Maul, etc... This is the only way. Katanamaru told me, long time ago... the secret how to make it. ;)  Katanamaru is a very nice man. :)  Since then... i maked many stances. :winkthumb:

It would be nice if you or Katanamaru explains here that "secret"... :winkthumb:

@@Aidor

take your animation mod and rename the folder models/players/_humanoid from _humanoid in _humanoid_

then get an hex-editor and open the model.glm file from the model you want custom animations for

find the filepath to _humanoid.gla in there and change it from :

models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

to :

models/players/_humanoid_/_humanoid.gla

and save, now your model should load the animations from _humanoid_

katanamaru likes this

@@Aidor

take your animation mod and rename the folder models/players/_humanoid from _humanoid in _humanoid_<x>

then get an hex-editor and open the model.glm file from the model you want custom animations for

find the filepath to _humanoid.gla in there and change it from :

models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

to :

models/players/_humanoid_<x>/_humanoid.gla

and save, now your model should load the animations from _humanoid_<x>

Is not that simple as it looks... :P  It is about hexa editing and more...! i'll explain this later. Have a nice day!

Is not that simple as it looks... :P  It is about hexa editing and more...! i'll explain this later. Have a nice day!

I hope it is as simple as it looks,  :P  Well, let's wait for your explaination... Have a nice day as well,  ;)

It is simple once you do it once. It uses a hex editor to change the file path.

I typed it out in detail here:

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/429333-sp-animations.html

Once you do this the cutscenes won't work in sp anymore. They play but the model will not move from where it starts in the cutscene. This also only works in sp.

@@Aidor this is your complete instructions. Good luck!

Hey Katanamaru, long time past since we make first animations for JA. Too bad the JK3 site (filefront) is a mess now. I never ask you how do you fix the legs animation problem on the edge of cliff.