Mario's beloved green dinosaur

Wonder what will become of this... :)

Perhaps an NPC. Admittedely I've always wanted to play as Yoshi, but afraid he would look silly in human proportions. But perhaps not so stupid?

I'm just around 700 verts yet, so I'm aiming for some more detail in the hands, and of course the saddle on his back. With that said, he would almost be perfect for the Tauntaun skeleton... Yes... perhaps a Yoshi vehicle?

Screenshot%202015-01-12%2000.21.17.png?d

Delmi, z3filus, therfiles and 2 others like this

That issue is on your end. I'm not importing a GLM though btw, using the games source files.

9EoaMwC.png

It's not really a problem though, it's just the bone length is wrong, as long as the joints are in the right place the skeleton will work. You don't even need bones honestly, you can use null objects, well not sure about blender but in other programs that use the dotXSI->GLM process you don't even have to use bones.

See if there is a way in blender to adjust bone length without offsetting any child objects position, I'm sure there is an option for it since most 3d software can adjust bone diameter and length. It only seems to be the bones at the end of the chain that are affected.

Boothand likes this

Dude, if I was you I would add some unique animations for the guy.

Add an egg throwing animation, like in super smash brothers. :P
Eggs could have the same effect as a thermal detonator's alt fire. 

Next step could be a tongue animation, pulling someone in his mouth, and pooping out his target in an egg Lol

Boothand likes this

@@minilogoguy18 or @@mrwonko

This is how the skeleton looks when I import the glm (in 2.64 and 2.72). Is this correct, or could something be wrong? Some of those bones look a tad short, like there's only a hint at the direction they're going.

That's normal-ish. It happens when a bone has multiple children, making it ambiguous where it should go to.

As long as it's just for single player, you can create an entirely new rig for it, I think. (Multiplayer models must use _humanoid.)

Boothand likes this

Dude, if I was you I would add some unique animations for the guy.

Add an egg throwing animation, like in super smash brothers. :P

Eggs could have the same effect as a thermal detonator's alt fire. 

Next step could be a tongue animation, pulling someone in his mouth, and pooping out his target in an egg Lol

Ahh, I wish!

Mario game mod?

Could be fun to re-make the N64 maps, only switch out the Goombas with stormtroopers, and for example put Desann on the top of the hill :D

@@Circa

Absolutely right, I'm a huge nintendo fan...although I'm also jealous (my fault of course, if I did more with my life I wouldn't be)

I'll let you pet him first, if I get him in game!

therfiles and Onysfx like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh, I was doing a yoshi. Thanks for reminding me ^^

I just looked up Yoshi and his full name is T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas. Sounds Greek don't it? 

Your post made me remember when my friend got his SNES in OCT 91' for his birthday. We played the hell outa Super Mario World and nearly got through the whole game. I had to stop, though, cause my SNES was a Christmas present and I wanted to make sure I didn't spoil Super Mario World too much... hehe. 

Boothand likes this