Master Server

Circa

As I alluded to in a status update, Raven's master server came back online briefly and it's now running on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Seeing as the IP address was only flipped over recently, I'm guessing they're actively experimenting with bringing the implementation over to today's standards of scalability and stability.

It will be up soon, and I don't think it'll fall back down so easily in the future.

As I alluded to in a status update, Raven's master server came back online briefly and it's now running on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Seeing as the IP address was only flipped over recently, I'm guessing they're actively experimenting with bringing the implementation over to today's standards of scalability and stability.

It will be up soon, and I don't think it'll fall back down so easily in the future.

Didz, the walking Microsoft Sales Associate approacheth

next he'll be selling you Windows 10

Link and Omicron like this

This sounds right!!

One thing to note is that.......... never-mind, not bothered to say in-case its misinterpreted by morons who took it down in the first place

I'm pretty amazed they bother to go to such lengths. They could easily just shut it down.

There's no financial reason to keep it alive. And MB2 are now solely using their own master server. However, with the reason in flux of people who bought the humble bundle (over 140000 people at ye time of writing) it probably does make sense to keep it alive now :P

I think we should ask if there's a reason for us to keep our Master Server alive now. Now that Ravensoft is back and with improved technology on their end. Let's hope it stays this time

And indeed, this game still has a large player base and people are still interested in buying this game. There's enough reason for them to keep it alive. And if Ravensoft was as "greedy/evil" as other game developers and/or publishers I don't think they would have open sourced this game at all.

We owe that humbledumble a lot..

Earlier today JKA had 180 players. Today, we raised the bar to 500, and there will be more once people ended singleplayer.

Even today, we had our server full with people and we had to teach multiple people the basics all at once haha

Guys, brace yourselves, JKA just got himself defibrillator! :D

Futuza likes this

Hmmm...I bet now is a good time to kill peeps (since normally I suck, but with the influx of crappy new players I can finally be good!)  Lol.  

In all seriousness, if y'all meet people you should point them to JKHub so we can grow.

Circa likes this

JKG Developer

• 2 months later...

my Jedi academy or Jedi outcast the servers aren't on the list and I have tried everything

running as admin

connecting using the consul

adding/deleting dll files

changing the compatibility options

nothing seems to work and I know there are servers because my clan can get on just fine I've taken a screen shot of the consul of what looks like the problem

http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/alaris377/media/shot1_zpsstct545o.jpg.html

the consul says net_sendpacket WSAECONNREFUSED but I don't know what that means. 

I will appreciate any help 

Thank you