Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

He's got to many verts for SP, and if I reduce them even more he'll look even worse than he already does. OpenJK is probably all that will fix it.

I know of the 1000 vertex-per-surface limit, but what is the overall vertices limit for a model to run in SP? I have the same issue with Dengar.

I know of the 1000 vertex-per-surface limit, but what is the overall vertices limit for a model to run in SP? I have the same issue with Dengar.

https://jkhub.org/topic/7338-clone-trooper-phase-2-armor/page-8?do=findComment&comment=110210

going by what xycaleth said there the equation should be:

(number of surfaces +number of surfaces in bolted models) * 4 + (total number of vertices in an LOD + total number of vertices in an LOD for bolted models) * 20 <= transform space
Kualan likes this

He's got to many verts for SP, and if I reduce them even more he'll look even worse than he already does. OpenJK is probably all that will fix it.

OpenJK didn't work for me after trying it.

I think he just simply isn't functional as an NPC the way he is, sorry mate.

OpenJK didn't work for me after trying it.

I think he just simply isn't functional as an NPC the way he is, sorry mate.

Post your NPC file and I'll take a look. It works fine for me.

Post your NPC file and I'll take a look. It works fine for me.

Valkorion

{

fullName  "Valkorion"

playerModel  Valkorion

weapon   WP_SABER

saber   single_9

saberColor              red

saberStyle  1

saberStyle  2

saberStyle  3

FP_LEVITATION  3

FP_PULL   3

FP_PUSH   3

FP_SEE   3

FP_SPEED  3

FP_ABSORB  3

FP_HEAL   3

FP_PROTECT  3

FP_TELEPATHY  3

FP_DRAIN  3

FP_GRIP   3

FP_LIGHTNING  3

FP_RAGE   3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 5

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 1

FP_SABERTHROW  5

forcePowerMax  300

rank   commander

aggression  5

aim   5

evasion   5

intelligence  5

move   5

reactions  5

playerTeam  TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam  TEAM_PLAYER

class   CLASS_LUKE

health   8000

snd   Valkorion

sndcombat  Valkorion

sndextra  Valkorion

sndjedi   Valkorion

}​

Hey Jeff, it's been some time. Have you decided to check out my request yet?

Hey Jeff, I've been seeing your work lately and I have to say i really like how your models (mainly those based on other sw games) are so faithful to the originals.

This is really more of a request, I'm need of the Dark Jedi from KOTOR1 and the Sith (not the assassins [btw loved that model from you :winkthumb: ], but the ones with the mask) from KOTOR2.

Here are some reference pics:

*Dark Jedi from K1*

dark_jedi3.jpg

*Sith from K2*

dark_jedi_captain.jpg

So if you're interested and got the spare time, please let me know  :) 

krkarr likes this

Hey Jeff do you have any interest in converting the Rebel soldiers from battlefront into JKA models?  I am curious how the weighing process would work for a model of that size? 

The short answer is it wouldn't - even if you could break the models down into enough surfaces to run in-game, you would most likely run into severe difficulties getting a fully-ported modern BF model to run in JKA.

I speak from experience in just using parts of those models, let alone the whole thing.

Jeff likes this

The short answer is it wouldn't - even if you could break the models down into enough surfaces to run in-game, you would most likely run into severe difficulties getting a fully-ported modern BF model to run in JKA.

I speak from experience in just using parts of those models, let alone the whole thing.

what you mean? i swear i see Twi'lek (Battlefront).pk3 in Model Pack 4.zip that contain maybe ported twi'lek from hd battlefront :o   :huh:

what you mean? i swear i see Twi'lek (Battlefront).pk3 in Model Pack 4.zip that contain maybe ported twi'lek from hd battlefront :o   :huh:

Yeah, I think that just uses the head though - isn't the rest from main JKA assets?

How difficult would it be for me to weigh just the torso, specifically the chest?

Hey Jeff do you have any interest in converting the Rebel soldiers from battlefront into JKA models?  I am curious how the weighing process would work for a model of that size? 

Wouldn't look good, trust me on that, I've tried. The weighing process isn't the issue it's the fact that a single part of a model can only have 999 verts. These models are way too detailed to use anything other than a head, backpack, etc. The torso alone probably contains 10,000 verts by the time you reduce it down to under 1000 it gets deformed and ugly.

Yeah, I think that just uses the head though - isn't the rest from main JKA assets?

Just the head and backpack are from BF the rest is varios JA assets.

How difficult would it be for me to weigh just the torso, specifically the chest?

That's not the issue see top of this post. 

Jrue likes this

Sorry I kinda lost track of this one, thanks for reminding me.

28018552376_225048c5da_b.jpg

Hey @@Jeff , something weird happens when using this model on sp, both for npcs and the player, the saber blade doesn´t appear, they attack but do no damage and it only turns on when throwing the saber and then back off.

deleted pics

DarthStiv likes this

Hey @@Jeff , something weird happens when using this model on sp, both for npcs and the player, the saber blade doesn´t appear, they attack but do no damage and it only turns on when throwing the saber and then back off.

Same happens with the Dark Jedi ported model from the first KOTOR, so it appears to be quite a common thing with them unfortunately. Let's hope Jeff manage it one day. And yeah, the model clipping with TFU Ben as well...

Wv7UAR5S.jpg9cTWbezq.jpgeERPy1Fo.jpgfYhmbYhB.jpgM553CTje.jpg

I'll get a fix for it. I rarely play SP so I never test models in SP just MP. Thanks for the info.

Same happens with the Dark Jedi ported model from the first KOTOR, so it appears to be quite a common thing with them unfortunately. Let's hope Jeff manage it one day. And yeah, the model clipping with TFU Ben as well...

Once I fix the Sith Master I'll fix the Dark Jedi as well. I'm not sure what you mean about TFU Ben, I never did him.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this