Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

On 1/6/2021 at 4:37 AM, Haiiro Yurei said:

So it is in that pack? Is it under the Darth Zannah name? If so, that must be what threw me off.

Sorry thought it was in there. Maybe I didn't release it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there! Your portfolio has very impressive work. I particularly appreciate all the EU characters that you keep alive with your models and skins. I downloaded the Jacen/Caedus and Jaina models and noticed that there are no facial animations; the Jaina model appears to be a re-skin of one of your older releases, which itself had facial animations as did other releases, such as your Tenel Ka. Are the Jacen/Caedus and Jaina meshes linked to the face bones on the model skeleton?

For others seeking to add models to MDII, as long is it's for personal use, you can unpack the character's *.pk3 contents into the respective "models", "shaders", and "sound" subfolders of any MDII *.pk3. I personally try to keep it organized and assign the character by timeline; for example, I would place Arcann in the "MD_OTSeqModels.pk3" assets, which has all the models from outside of the prequel-OT-sequel timelines. Next, you need to update the npc directory to reference the new character; go to the "MD_Assets.pk3", extract a copy of a *.npc file from "MD_Assets.pk3\ext_data\npcs\", update the file with an entry for the new character info (e.g. copy and paste a section and change the name to something like "md_arcann") make sure that the "playerModel" line has the same name as the character's model folder (i.e. the one with all the image files, *.glm, *.skin, etc...); if the character came with sounds, be sure that any line with "snd" has the same name as the character's sound folder. Save the edited *.npc file and replace the one in the "MD_Assets.pk3". Load MDII, open a map and spawn your character to test (i.e. npc spawn md_arcann).

Adding the character to any of the selection menus requires you to update the *.menu files in the "MD_Assets.pk3\ui\". The process just requires you to keep track of where the *menu files point in-game. For example, "ingamespawnlegends1.menu" affects only the NPC spawn menu with the Dark Forces II and JO characters, and Mara Jade; if you want to make your new character playable, you'll need to edit one of the "ingamecharacter[TIMELINE].menu" files. Note that these menus activate a set of scripts by hovering over a character icon and clicking on it; you'll need to add this "button" in a blank space or a new page (it's probably easier to start with re-organizing an existing page).

I hope this helps, and hopefully someone can provide input on the face animations.

Stay well, folks!

1 hour ago, D2A said:

Hello there! Your portfolio has very impressive work. I particularly appreciate all the EU characters that you keep alive with your models and skins. I downloaded the Jacen/Caedus and Jaina models and noticed that there are no facial animations; the Jaina model appears to be a re-skin of one of your older releases, which itself had facial animations as did other releases, such as your Tenel Ka. Are the Jacen/Caedus and Jaina meshes linked to the face bones on the model skeleton?

For others seeking to add models to MDII, as long is it's for personal use, you can unpack the character's *.pk3 contents into the respective "models", "shaders", and "sound" subfolders of any MDII *.pk3. I personally try to keep it organized and assign the character by timeline; for example, I would place Arcann in the "MD_OTSeqModels.pk3" assets, which has all the models from outside of the prequel-OT-sequel timelines. Next, you need to update the npc directory to reference the new character; go to the "MD_Assets.pk3", extract a copy of a *.npc file from "MD_Assets.pk3\ext_data\npcs\", update the file with an entry for the new character info (e.g. copy and paste a section and change the name to something like "md_arcann") make sure that the "playerModel" line has the same name as the character's model folder (i.e. the one with all the image files, *.glm, *.skin, etc...); if the character came with sounds, be sure that any line with "snd" has the same name as the character's sound folder. Save the edited *.npc file and replace the one in the "MD_Assets.pk3". Load MDII, open a map and spawn your character to test (i.e. npc spawn md_arcann).

Adding the character to any of the selection menus requires you to update the *.menu files in the "MD_Assets.pk3\ui\". The process just requires you to keep track of where the *menu files point in-game. For example, "ingamespawnlegends1.menu" affects only the NPC spawn menu with the Dark Forces II and JO characters, and Mara Jade; if you want to make your new character playable, you'll need to edit one of the "ingamecharacter[TIMELINE].menu" files. Note that these menus activate a set of scripts by hovering over a character icon and clicking on it; you'll need to add this "button" in a blank space or a new page (it's probably easier to start with re-organizing an existing page).

I hope this helps, and hopefully someone can provide input on the face animations.

Stay well, folks!

They don't have face animations as I didn't weigh them. I play MP so I have no use for them.

D2A likes this
2 hours ago, Lord Of Hate said:

Don't you have to weigh models to add them to JKA?

Yes, but not necessarily all bones have to be weighted. He probably just weighted the whole heads to the cranium bone, without specifically weighting the lips to the various lip and jaw bones.

Jeff likes this
12 minutes ago, Ramikad said:

Yes, but not necessarily all bones have to be weighted. He probably just weighted the whole heads to the cranium bone, without specifically weighting the lips to the various lip and jaw bones.

I've noticed that's what most people do. Then when you do a taunt they don't move their face and it looks like a mask. Its creepy! Haha

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Thanks any specific version of Obi-Wan?

Mid Series Obi-Wan would be really cool, where he just has the gauntlets mixed with his tunic. 

Or maybe even ROTS Kenobi in the ANH 'Ben' robes. Whatever you're feeling creative with, Jeff! I would just love to see some more Obi-Wan models since it seems like we haven't gotten any new ones from anyone in a little while. 🙂

Jeff likes this
2 hours ago, Untold Prophecy said:

Mid Series Obi-Wan would be really cool, where he just has the gauntlets mixed with his tunic. 

Or maybe even ROTS Kenobi in the ANH 'Ben' robes. Whatever you're feeling creative with, Jeff! I would just love to see some more Obi-Wan models since it seems like we haven't gotten any new ones from anyone in a little while. 🙂

Plus soooo hyped for the show. It'll help curb that thirst. Haha

Untold Prophecy likes this
2 minutes ago, BlindDaThief said:

Plus soooo hyped for the show. It'll help curb that thirst. Haha

You've got that right, fam! I ordered an Obi-Wan Lightsaber from Darkwolf Customs for my collection because I can't contain the hype! It's going to be a long year. 

Hoping we'll get some new Obi-Wan skins leading up to and during the shows run. 

BlindDaThief likes this

Hi, I am not sure if these types of requests go here but I was wondering if you were interested in rigging a few SWTOR characters (I have the .obj files)

-Darth Zash (Old and Young appearance)

-Republic Trooper (Legacy Exalted Armor)

-Arkanian Bounty Hunter

-Tenebrae

-Mandalorian Soldier (SWTOR, the blue ones you typically see)

-DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle (for imperial soldiers)

Although not from SWTOR, I also have a high quality Sith Eradicator and Imperial Trooper model I got off of sketchfab (the author said its okay to port it to JKA) that looks pretty accurate to the cinematic trailers, here are images of both:Star Wars: TOR Imperial Trooper - Download Free 3D model by  DarthMongolTheUnwise (@DarthMongolTheUnwise) [80574f2]

Star Wars: TOR Sith Eradicator/Acolyte - Download Free 3D model by  DarthMongolTheUnwise (@DarthMongolTheUnwise) [1b7b481]

16 hours ago, Brendan1021 said:

Hi, I am not sure if these types of requests go here but I was wondering if you were interested in rigging a few SWTOR characters (I have the .obj files)

-Darth Zash (Old and Young appearance)

-Republic Trooper (Legacy Exalted Armor)

-Arkanian Bounty Hunter

-Tenebrae

-Mandalorian Soldier (SWTOR, the blue ones you typically see)

-DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle (for imperial soldiers)

Although not from SWTOR, I also have a high quality Sith Eradicator and Imperial Trooper model I got off of sketchfab (the author said its okay to port it to JKA) that looks pretty accurate to the cinematic trailers, here are images of both:

Lt. Claim did a few of these already: Republic Trooper and Mandalorian Soldier. The 2 from sketchfab most likely won't work, they look way too detailed and will cause issues in game. I've done the blaster (never released) so I can post that. I have the 2 models of Zash but the others I don't have. So I'd be interested for sure.