Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

Normally Jeff is cool in my book, but I think its messed up to put people down for kitbashing and porting. Not everyone has to learn how to model, hell, some people don't even have the time to learn how to model.

So if you want to get a model in JK, usually kitbashing and porting is the easiest option.

Although I do think Jeff's works are great, no disrespect to him, but its just kinda messed up.

(Actually, isn't porting models the best way to get the most accurate models in JK? I'd assume so, considering you're taking the files straight from the game...)

Not really messed up to have an opinion. He says what he said because he feels it detracts from works of great guys- Toshi, Hash, DT, even Psk0. I think porting is GREAT when there are rare assets people wish to get their hands on, but the excess of models being ported (like the Savage Opress) just took away from the one DT made- literally from scratch. So yeah, it is getting a lil overboard. I think it's a great stepping stone to learn how to model- same way Seven has developed his modeling by doing sabers (which are fucking kickass, by the way).

Not really messed up to have an opinion. He says what he said because he feels it detracts from works of great guys- Toshi, Hash, DT, even Psk0. I think porting is GREAT when there are rare assets people wish to get their hands on, but the excess of models being ported (like the Savage Opress) just took away from the one DT made- literally from scratch. So yeah, it is getting a lil overboard. I think it's a great stepping stone to learn how to model- same way Seven has developed his modeling by doing sabers (which are fucking kickass, by the way).

Oh I agree. But it feels like Jeff is getting mad directly at people who port or kitbash, and because they don't model. If I'm wrong, then sorry. But its just how it sounds.

@@Jeff I'd recommend starting with some simple weapons

try a few light sabers for example, maybe remodel your favorite jka hilt

That's what I'm starting with. Just gotta come up with one to do. 

Aye, is this directed at me? I'm the only one whose really been porting lately. I can tone it back I just didn't know it bothered people so much. Sorry everyone.

Not at all. I've done my fair share of ports I think it's just the requests are getting tiresome and old. 

Hy, Jeff!

Your models are amazing!

I have a problem, i downloaded a starkiller model (Galen Training) but this model crash the game (Ghoul2 error message)

Can you fix it? This face of starkiller is very realistic.

(This Starkiller model in JKHUB - Galen Marek / Starkiller Pack with backhand Animations (JA) 1.1)

Your old Starkiller model is fine too, but this one face is more realistic, if you don't fix it, can you replace your starkiller model's face to this one?

Hy, Jeff!

Your models are amazing!

I have a problem, i downloaded a starkiller model (Galen Training) but this model crash the game (Ghoul2 error message)

Can you fix it? This face of starkiller is very realistic.

(This Starkiller model in JKHUB - Galen Marek / Starkiller Pack with backhand Animations (JA) 1.1)

Your old Starkiller model is fine too, but this one face is more realistic, if you don't fix it, can you replace your starkiller model's face to this one?

That starkiller pack is mine, however it was re-released as a fix from @@The Punisher you can check either his pack or mine that is 2.0

Edited by dark_apprentice
Jeff likes this

Hy, Dark_Apprentice!

Your models are amazing too! I downloaded your pack now (Starkiller "Galen Marek" Outfit Pack for JKA 2.0) but this Starkiller_Training model crash the game too by Ghoul2 error :/

Please fix this :)

Thank you very much!

Ohh and I play in single player!

I play only Single Player, just clean up your Base folder from .pk3 files that you are not using or simply install OpenJK and you will be ok without this error :)

Hy, Dark_Apprentice!

Your models are amazing too! I downloaded your pack now (Starkiller "Galen Marek" Outfit Pack for JKA 2.0) but this Starkiller_Training model crash the game too by Ghoul2 error :/

Please fix this :)

Thank you very much!

Ohh and I play in single player!

Are you using plain/vanilla JA? I only play only SP and I have no issues. I used to have goul errors with another mod but a friend recommended using openjk and now I can't play without it.

I cleaned up my base folder, but this isn't work :(

Pls link to OpenJK, because id don't know what is OpenJK and install :(

I am on my phone and can't get all the options, but there is a dedicated forum here at The Hub for OpenJK. You can check and continue with any questions there so we can leave this tread for what Jeff originally created.