Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

Jeff, what you've done here... is phenomenal and going beyond. All of your work, all of these models; I know you get this all the time, but very excellent work.

I've signed on to pretty much say thank you so much for them, especially with Nym being released. I've been waiting for somebody, anybody, to make Nym for a decade in Jedi Academy; big props to you for that, he's right on the mark and as badass as the actual Feorin Pirate King himself.

On another note, I'm aware of your hard work in making lists of models here on request. To that end I too would like to pose a request for a model: Maris Brood from The Force Unleashed. Another one I've waited on for awhile, but haven't seen anywhere nor could effectively do myself given the horns and all. Whether or not she has her weapon is up to you, it'd be bloody awesome for the model alone to be made and released. Again, thank you for your great efforts and content, and best wishes to your future developments.

3987181-maris-brood.jpg

https://jkhub.org/topic/7531-sevens-random-wip-thread/page-5

I'm working on Maris over here

kharg likes this

Jeff, what you've done here... is phenomenal and going beyond. All of your work, all of these models; I know you get this all the time, but very excellent work.

I've signed on to pretty much say thank you so much for them, especially with Nym being released. I've been waiting for somebody, anybody, to make Nym for a decade in Jedi Academy; big props to you for that, he's right on the mark and as badass as the actual Feorin Pirate King himself.

On another note, I'm aware of your hard work in making lists of models here on request. To that end I too would like to pose a request for a model: Maris Brood from The Force Unleashed. Another one I've waited on for awhile, but haven't seen anywhere nor could effectively do myself given the horns and all. Whether or not she has her weapon is up to you, it'd be bloody awesome for the model alone to be made and released. Again, thank you for your great efforts and content, and best wishes to your future developments.

3987181-maris-brood.jpg

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll leave Mariss to @@Seven.

kharg, TheWhitePhoenix and Seven like this

So @@Jeff , have you been weighing these recent models yourself manually from head to foot - or have you disovered a way to 'transfer' the weighting from one model to another and then touch up any imperfections?

I ask because I discovered during my Skyrim modding that there is a way to do exactly that with that game's .nif model format in Blender and it saves SO. MUCH. TIME. It would be neat if there was a similar method for the .glm format.

Same question goes to @@Seven who has been coming up with some neat stuff too.

So @@Jeff , have you been weighing these recent models yourself manually from head to foot - or have you disovered a way to 'transfer' the weighting from one model to another and then touch up any imperfections?

I ask because I discovered during my Skyrim modding that there is a way to do exactly that with that game's .nif model format in Blender and it saves SO. MUCH. TIME. It would be neat if there was a similar method for the .glm format.

you can do that in 3ds max via skinwrapping (Tutorial on using it for JKA by @@Psyk0Sith ), I use skinwrapping all the time on my models - I have a weighted version of my basemesh or a merged copy of the model I'M working on that I use as a skin wrapping target for the final (split) gamemesh.

This really helps me to get nice deformation around the dismemberable parts of my models.

I'd expect blender to be able to do something similiar

EDIT:

this seems to be able to do just what you are looking for:

Bek and Kualan like this

you can do that in 3ds max via skinwrapping (Tutorial on using it for JKA by @@Psyk0Sith ), I use skinwrapping all the time on my models - I have a weighted version of my basemesh or a merged copy of the model I'M working on that I use as a skin wrapping target for the final (split) gamemesh.

This really helps me to get nice deformation around the dismemberable parts of my models.

I'd expect blender to be able to do something similiar

EDIT:

this seems to be able to do just what you are looking for:

Thanks Ashura! That looks very promising.

I've been doing it manually, and it sucks. I'll have to look into this video.

yeyo JK and Seven like this

I don't want to hijack the thread, but there's also this for "automatic" weight painting:

It kind of works to establish a base... I would definitely recommend NOT cutting up the mesh prior to using it, though.  And you'll have to reparent the mesh afterwards.

Bek likes this

I don't want to hijack the thread, but there's also this for "automatic" weight painting:

It kind of works to establish a base... I would definitely recommend NOT cutting up the mesh prior to using it, though.  And you'll have to reparent the mesh afterwards.

I've tried that. Unfortunately it doesn't always work very well when the body is slightly different. It often weighs the eyes and lips to the neck and so fourth.

I've tried this as well, ended up with a mess that was more work than if I had just done it manually.

• 2 weeks later...

27277842544_6c1e88bc0d_b.jpg

27277840954_f6ea73bf60_b.jpg

27890000065_4f80b9d4cb_b.jpg

27277838954_4cf5742c09_b.jpg

27277600563_696c6bbfbd_b.jpg

Valkorion is a mess I'm getting pissed off working on this guy and probably done with him the verts are too reduced and the weighting is a mess he's use able but consider him a early WIP I may go back and fix him later.

Link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63672348/Model%20Pack%2010.zip

Valkorion looks pretty good though.

But he works fine? He wields a lightsaber the right way, isn't glitchy or game-breaking?