FEATURE: OpenGL 3 Renderer

@@SomaZ - you mean Albedo is missing, correct? :winkthumb:

Keep up the great work!

Nope, I mean the diffuse part of the IBL ( Image based lighting). IBL is split into diffuse irradiance and specular reflectance. But thats nothing an artist hast to worry about. You see the albedo part working, because the objects are colored by a texture right? :P
DT85 likes this

Reflections are another can of worms :D they don't just happen automatically

...but when he ignites the lightsaber at start, he does appear vaguely in the middle, duller spheroid object (or was that only the saber blade? ...hard to tell)-- so why is that? Hmm... maybe Anakin is a Vampire (and doesn't cast reflections)?

...but when he ignites the lightsaber at start, he does appear vaguely in the middle, duller spheroid object (or was that only the saber blade? ...hard to tell)-- so why is that? Hmm... maybe Anakin is a Vampire (and doesn't cast reflections)?

Seems to be the effect of the lightsaber's dynamic lighting. So that's probably env / cube mapping.

That's a specular highlight

Anything that isn't textured with PBR in mind will look wrong. My Kyle for instance, is uber shiny like he just got out of a bowling ball polisher. :lol:

Sure hope other SP/MP projects will want to use GL2, it can easily be ported. I'd like to see GL1 completely scrapped for JKA at some point, as it already is for this project. ;)

minilogoguy18 likes this

Like I posted in another thread but it probably went right over peoples heads, there is so much frankensteining going on with old models that they're pumping all these "new" models out using the old render engine with probably no idea that it's all going to be outdated very soon.

Like I posted in another thread but it probably went right over peoples heads, there is so much frankensteining going on with old models that they're pumping all these "new" models out using the old render engine with probably no idea that it's all going to be outdated very soon.

Allready looking forward to the flood of Frankensteiners going "Y it luk bäd?" After realising frankensteined JKA models won't cut it for GL2.

Archangel35757, DT85 and SomaZ like this