Menu Layout With Added Characters

So I was thinking.. With all the additional characters that are being added by the day, would it be wise to divide them up into categories? I was thinking KOTF-ish (without the entire complaint of this mod "ruining my life" and constant theft of course) style. Have the screen where you select your character divided up into the separate eras: KOTOR, Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, and whatever else comes to mind. Then inside the eras, divide them up into subcategories, such as by faction.

Under KOTOR: Sith/Jedi/Republic.

Clone Wars: Republic, CIS

Galactic Civil War: Empire, Rebels.

And underneath those subcategories are a multiplayer-esque icon of the character, with a brief description underneath. For example, if we're in Clone Wars/Republic/Ahsoka Tano, the description would say something akin to: Anakin Skywalker's padawan who left the order after being wrongly accused, born in XY bby on the planet of JKL.

If the character has multiple varients like so

Cody_TCWstandee.jpg                                                                                                               End_Days.jpg                                                                      

Then underneath that character, there should be a smaller icon above the description, allowing the player to choose between an Episode II and Episode III variant.

I will also begin contributing to this project when summer starts. Right now it's either school or potentially juvenile hall for six months lol. So we'll see what happens, fellows!

Cerez likes this

I made a mod kinda like that, but with JA-only characters:

But that would be neat. I was always in awe by that whole KOTF-system. Just very impressive. Hard to get all the permissions you'd need to make it truly comprehensive, though.

Why not just thieve from a thief then? Rip it open, perform a dissection, and see how the system works. I bet you'd be able to improve upon it, if you wanted.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect, but what about an entirely new UI/menu for the game, that does this. It provides a (customisable) information and background on each character, and offers all its skin variants (even the invisible ones with a neat placeholder icon) under each character.

It's a bigger project, sure, but it would be nice to revamp the original and limited menu style of JK3 to create something nicer for collectors. ;)