Quinlan Vos

I love the clothing, it's one of the best detailwork i've ever seen :P

But a comment wouldn't be complete without constructive criticism!
In comparison, the skin on the arms is pretty low res. What bothers me a bit is that the biceps kinda merges in the deltoid muscle, and the deltoid has a pretty hard edge.
With his muscle structure, the deltoid muscle should be a bit longer on the arm, and the biceps should be a bit more bulky in the middle () <- something in the shape of that :P

(if you work in Zbrush, the default claybuildup is a way to go)

Then the next step could be to add some detail to the back of his elbow, and ofcourse some hairs. It looks a bit like he shaves his arms currently! :)
Couldn't comment on the rest though, that looks devine :P

Scerendo likes this

I love the clothing, it's one of the best detailwork i've ever seen :P

But a comment wouldn't be complete without constructive criticism!

In comparison, the skin on the arms is pretty low res. What bothers me a bit is that the biceps kinda merges in the deltoid muscle, and the deltoid has a pretty hard edge.

With his muscle structure, the deltoid muscle should be a bit longer on the arm, and the biceps should be a bit more bulky in the middle () <- something in the shape of that :P

(if you work in Zbrush, the default claybuildup is a way to go)

Then the next step could be to add some detail to the back of his elbow, and ofcourse some hairs. It looks a bit like he shaves his arms currently! :)

Couldn't comment on the rest though, that looks devine :P

I know where you coming from, arms are bugging me too. Think I'm going to sculpt them first then retoplogise this time, rather than working up from a low poly base mesh. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can get done this evening.

I'm very excited to see what comes out of this! I think I must realise that how it looks now is probably not going to be like that in Jedi Academy though :P, looks way to out of that engine's league. Unless this is what rend2 leads to, in that case I welcome our new rendering overlords.

Probably after I'm done with tweaking some of the model I'll quickly him in game, although rend2 supports these maps, it will depend alot on the game's lighting.

I appreciate the constructive feedback guys, this project is a learning process for me, so anything helps.

Could I suggest looking up some wrinkle/folds tutorial of sorts? you have a lot of wrinkles/folds that don't really make sense to me.

Was looking at one just now, my house mate pointed out the same thing earlier today funnily enough. I'll tackle it over the weekend.

What's it look like without normal mapping?

I'll post some comparisons tomorrow :)

Thanks again for any feedback guys.

Langerd, therfiles and Jago like this

My suggestion stands: More biceps. Quinlan may not be ripped but he is hella thick.

I'm working on his order 66 outfit, so don't worry, I'll definitely make him more muscular.

Reminds me of the Anakin's model by Toshi very much, even a Sidious from TFU a bit. That's great man, you rocs!

You're not wrong, I was a bit unsure of how to approach the robes, given JKA's rigid skeleton, so I was looking at jedi models in modview, toshi and hapslash included, which gave me some excellent reference.

now please finally replace those ugly default JKA hands  ;)

Haha definitely.

JAWSFreelao and DarthStiv like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys got caught up with alot of other work for university, so apologies for the slow process.

Started working on his order 66 skin, not quite there but I think its coming along okay:

MtEOB9.png

i had a different mesh that had been burnt away, but somehow I messed up the normals on it, so I'll have to re-evaluate that one.