Quinlan Vos

31/3/2015:

Update:

Made some changes to the order 66 mesh and textures:

7XzJ4A.png

Also had a go at his Padawan hairstyle:

7s2XKP.png

I'm going to wrap this project up now and start weighing it.

Thanks you to everyone for their feedback so far, been really helpful!

1/3/2015:

Hey guys got caught up with alot of other work for university, so apologies for the slow process.

Started working on his order 66 skin, not quite there but I think its coming along okay:

MtEOB9.png

i had a different mesh that had been burnt away, but somehow I messed up the normals on it, so I'll have to re-evaluate that one.

29/1/2015:

Small update:

Jedi Robes:

cDhUem.png

AGVPo4.png

27/1/2015:

Still working on his textures, but made some work on his clone wars and darkside outfit:

aIttmw.png

0P07XD.png

20/1/2015:

Just a small update. Was using dDo to help make some textures for the Jedi robes (normal maps on left and without on right):

F9xfRv.png

dWus1Z.png

Still need to do a few things, I'll bake the normal maps into the diffuse as well, just didn't have much time this evening to do it.

14/1/2015:

Finishing up his mercenary outfit:

SgWcxO.png

9/1/2015:

Started working on his mercenary/jumpsuit outfit. Next thing will be that shoulder/chest plate he wears:

S169RN.png

3/1/2015:

Started working on his Jedi robes/outfit, a few things are still place holder and need some work. Mainly the hands.

sIZMVw.png

26/12/2014:

Started working on a new model for Quinlan Vos since I got some free time over christmas.

Still very much a Work in progress, right now.

I'll be doing two versions one for Jedi Academy obviously, and another one my personal work - which will simply have the addition of more shaders, like normal maps and reflective maps etc.

I'll be keeping to the Jan Duursema version of him, but with more realistic textures rather than comic booky.

I'm aiming to do various different versions:

- Standard Jedi Robes

- Clone Wars Undercover Outfit, sleeved and unsleeved

- Padawan Version

- Siege of Saleucami Outfit

- Order 66

- Older Voss

But we'll see what I get done.

So far I've modelled his head:

JKA Version:

KCFaiU.png

Personal:

hFPlK2.png

Next stage, going to be working on his Jedi Robes and then cleaning up his face textures.

Delmi, Omicron, Ruxith and 19 others like this

Looks good, though I'd bake the normals map into the diffuse for the JKA version. If you have already, then it needs to be a bit more intense as details like the forehead wrinkles aren't coming through well. Also, tri & vert count?

You can put your personal model in OpenJK MP using the rend2 renderer, but currently there are random tris that do not get rendered on GLM models causing "holes". @@Xycaleth fix please?

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look at doing a single player version.

Looks good, though I'd bake the normals map into the diffuse for the JKA version. If you have already, then it needs to be a bit more intense as details like the forehead wrinkles aren't coming through well. Also, tri & vert count?

You can put your personal model in OpenJK MP using the rend2 renderer, but currently there are random tris that do not get rendered on GLM models causing "holes". @@Xycaleth fix please?

Cheers dude, yeah I'll definitely try baking it in. Going to sculpt the head a bit more in zBrush then I'll bake it in.

Sitting at 2952 tris and 1655 verts, so still room for optimisation.

I'll check out the OpenJK renderer, didn't know about it, thanks.

try baking a bent normal map using xnormal, extracting the green channel and putting that ontop of your texture using a blendmode such as soft light or screen

it should give you a nice "light from top" effect

or get a curvature map from your normal map /bake it from your mesh and overlay that for some cavity shadows & edge highlights

DT85 and Scerendo like this

Started working on a new model for Quinlan Vos since I got some free time over christmas.

Still very much a Work in progress, right now.

I'll be doing two versions one for Jedi Academy obviously, and another one my personal work - which will simply have the addition of more shaders, like normal maps and reflective maps etc.

I'll be keeping to the Jan Duursema version of him, but with more realistic textures rather than comic booky.

I'm aiming to do various different versions:

- Standard Jedi Robes

- Clone Wars Undercover Outfit, sleeved and unsleeved

- Padawan Version

- Siege of Saleucami Outfit

- Order 66

- Older Voss

But we'll see what I get done.

So far I've modelled his head:

JKA Version:

sxmUo7Y.jpg

Personal:

y95wItx.jpg

Next stage, going to be working on his Jedi Robes and then cleaning up his face textures.

That's sick! Fantastic dude! Fantastic!

Started working on his Jedi robes/outfit, a few things are still place holder and need some work. Mainly the hands.

sIZMVw.png

try baking a bent normal map using xnormal, extracting the green channel and putting that ontop of your texture using a blendmode such as soft light or screen

it should give you a nice "light from top" effect

or get a curvature map from your normal map /bake it from your mesh and overlay that for some cavity shadows & edge highlights

Btw thanks for this tip, was really helpful for creating my diffuse.
Langerd, Bek, z3filus and 5 others like this

Update:

Started working on his mercenary/jumpsuit outfit. Next thing will be that shoulder/chest plate he wears:

S169RN.png

This version of Quinlin Vos looks bumped mapped.

Yeah he has normal maps and specular maps, I'm interested to see how they will look in OpenJK's rend2 renderer.

omg.. when are we going to see this released? This is looking absolutely amazing!

I'm aiming to get it done by the end of the month, though could change depending on how much work I get.