All JKG-related files publicly available

@@Pande @@Darth Futuza @@Stoiss you should all join JK: Enhanced and get some of these assets finished for that. These maps would be perfect for new SP missions, etc. 

I'm kind of interested in getting the tree dialogue npcs working again, this would be really fun to implement into something like JK Enhanced.

What developer roles would be needed to get the JKG team to come back and continue production, or is this project just plain dead?

At least 4 active coders, 1 or 2 mappers, and maybe some other miscellaneous things like Stoiss mentioned.  The project could probably use a revitalized roadmap or published official developer schedule with real time tracking in order to hold said developers responsible to the public for producing content within a reasonable time frame.  Or maybe just rebooting the project to a different engine, with a non-starwars based scifi franchise so it could actually make a profit and be worth working full time on.

JKG Developer

I might be able to find an old slightly broken .bsb somewhere for you.

The .map (or at least a version of it) is present in: JKG/Map development files + Extras/Maps/Tatooine/OLD_Mos_Eisley.map. That said, many of the texture assets seem to be absent. The associated shader too. We have a version of Mos Eisley developed for MBII with a very incomplete Cantina that seems to be a doppleganger of this layout/design. I'm guessing the same mapper was involved. Either way, releasing the assets would be a huge boon to the development of our version.

getting the dialog to work the way me and Pande did it was pretty cool, i should still have does files around somewhere, but i don't know if the lua code works as it should in 

JKG atm. and port over JKG Stuff to to JK:E is not somthing im intresting in, i have my own little project im sitting with atm, as for if eez did do NPCs files and AI for to json i have a promiss to take care of it there :)

The .map (or at least a version of it) is present in: JKG/Map development files + Extras/Maps/Tatooine/OLD_Mos_Eisley.map. That said, many of the texture assets seem to be absent. The associated shader too. We have a version of Mos Eisley developed for MBII with a very incomplete Cantina that seems to be a doppleganger of this layout/design. I'm guessing the same mapper was involved. Either way, releasing the assets would be a huge boon to the development of our version.

Pande got permission to use the Cantina from another map and then incorporated it into his larger Mos Eisely map.  I know I have a copy of it somewhere, just not sure where, might have to start checking old hard drives.

JKG Developer

Same folder, but NEW_TATOOINE is the actual map file. the old one is just there for backup purposes in case there's any brush work I want to move over.

All textures are located in JKG_NEW_TATOOINE in Pertinent Files from JKG release assets.

I think you should try to ask the original author (I've forgotten his name now.. Chalcun I think?) about using the cantina, but if you do you should use mine as I optomized the bajeezus out of it and also made an exterior. It also uses custom textures instead of base.

Thanks Pande, I kind of sort of worked my way to that conclusion when I took a second look at the new version yesterday (for some reason I missed the cantina on my first check).

The original author of that Cantina seems to be Chalmun (found while searching Google for the old assets). I'll probably try to get in contact with him now that I know who did it (the Cantina part anyway). Though I assume whoever started work on the MBII map already had permission, it's changed hands enough that I wouldn't even know who to ask. May as well check with the source.

NECRO EDIT FROM 2019: Apparently I confused the name of the fictional cantina owner with the map author. Actual author was Krattle (thanks mrwonko for preserving filefront).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was wondering...would the team be willing to release some of the effects files from the mod? The JKG development team created some truly stunning, beautiful work that I would to play with and maybe even adapt into future SP projects. Is there anyway they would be willing to release that?

Thanks! :)