Raven: "No C&Ds for modders"

The only thing a .glm exporter is good for is weapons, unless you found some way to export while going around the compile process that was used by the very developers of this game which was .xsi 3.x->assimilate->.glm that calls for the _humanoid.gla.

Yes my exporter eliminates the need for that compile process. All you need to do is File -> Export, export as .glm, and it's ready for use in the game.

Edit: And if it's still not clear: This is mainly for player models. I haven't tested it at all for weapons yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I did mention most games only have roughly a 10 year license where they can be protected, but since that basicly green lights a few mods, im for it, doesnt help I have permission from sega and capcom to do some mods >.> konami asked me to change the name of my former mod, Vampire blood Chronicles, cause the original was just Castlevania, but ive gotten alot of green lights and permissions,

politics were never my thing, never were legal politics

• 1 month later...

I meant the exporter that Scooper was working on, the part about legalities of modifying the game aren't a big deal since there's like a 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% chance they care.

You underestimate my power!

It wouldn't be the first fan-project that'd be stopped by a big company :P

I meant the exporter that Scooper was working on, the part about legalities of modifying the game aren't a big deal since there's like a 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% chance they care.

Lost track of the conversation there XD

But yeah, Scooper's exporter is still pretty important. It's certainly another step forward for figuring out all the complexities of Ghoul 2.

• 1 month later...
The only thing a .glm exporter is good for is weapons, unless you found some way to export while going around the compile process that was used by the very developers of this game which was .xsi 3.x->assimilate->.glm that calls for the _humanoid.gla.

The only thing with 3ds max is that unless you have a student license it costs $$ and it hasn't been able to export a working animation since version 5 because of a watermark.

Does the newer version of max even support dotXSI 3.x?

I guess I could always install it since I have full legit student licences for all Autodesk 3d packages but have no interest in downloading and installing just to see if 2013 can export a proper dotXSI 3.x file.

The last known dotXSI 3.x exporter for 3ds Max was for version 6/7/8 and possibly 9 which does not work with exporting animations due to improper basepose data being outputted. The source code is freely available, but I don't see a point in compiling it for later versions of 3ds Max when it still won't export animations. The plugin which works for 3ds Max 4/5 that was included in the modding tools does everything, but you can only run 3ds Max 5 on XP due to C-Dilla Licensing woes on Vista/7.

I would be quite interested in trying out this .GLM importer/exporter. Scoop, see if you can have 3ds Max export a .GLA file while you're at it. :P

So is it's 3ds max's fault or the dotXSI exporters fault for adding the MAXSceneRoot parent?

Oh yeah and what about Maya? I know for the older versions there was a dotXSI 3.x exporter and someone way back when even posted pics of a character that they put into JA using it but for the latest versions it may be hard to find or just not exist at all.

Maya is overlooked a lot, I'd choose it over max.

I can only say for the dotXSI exporter for 6/7/8 & maybe 9, the code does output the "MAXSceneRoot" rather than a properly named root.

Maya has a very tricky interface compared to Max & XSI, so that's why I choose not to bother with it. Not sure about any dotXSI plugins for it though.

The plugin which works for 3ds Max 4/5 that was included in the modding tools does everything, but you can only run 3ds Max 5 on XP due to C-Dilla Licensing woes on Vista/7.

There's a workaround to get Max 5 working on Win7, in case someone's interested they can send me a PM. :) Max 5 is really handy, it's the only version whose XSI exporter can export perfectly functional vehicles as well (at least in my experience).

^I still have a copy of Max 5 from WAY back in the day but don't really feel the need to install it but I do have Keshires character studio biped with a skeleton made of dummy objects constrained to it for ease of animation if anybody wants it.

It'd be best though if you max users can find someone who is skilled enough to just make a plugin that works for the newer versions since file exchange between programs is annoying and can break things.

E-mail existed four years ago, so I expect he located an e-mail address that was either for (or he believed it to be for) someone at LucasArts, and sent an e-mail to said address.

We had been in contact with LA in the past for JKFiles. They used to actually respond. No so much anymore.

There's a workaround to get Max 5 working on Win7, in case someone's interested they can send me a PM. :) Max 5 is really handy, it's the only version whose XSI exporter can export perfectly functional vehicles as well (at least in my experience).

Not sure of which you mean, but I managed to get Max 5 to work on Windows 7 - to a point with a network license I think (was last year lol). It works fine until you need to use character studio, then it bugs out.

E-mail existed four years ago, so I expect he located an e-mail address that was either for (or he believed it to be for) someone at LucasArts, and sent an e-mail to said address.

We had been in contact with LA in the past for JKFiles. They used to actually respond. No so much anymore.

This. I found it on their website way back when.