The Force Unleashed patching problems

So, I've owned a copy of TFU, but the DVDs got destroyed, well, they're unreadable. So, I downloaded reloaded's version, installed it, didn't crack it, wanted to update and it just won't do it. I tried the american 1.2 and europe 1.2 version of the patch, both show a message "Can't find the game on your system". Can someone help me explain this? The game is so badly ported it lags even on my computer, which is quite high-end. The patches supposedly fix this, but I've got these problems now. 

Do I need to install 1.1 first or what could be the cause of this? I remember patching it around the time it was released, and it did work! Now it doesn't, but it's true before I used Win7 I think, now I'm using Win 8.1 pro build 9600

damn... If I put the dvd in, the game still launches without any need to crack it, for me. But when I tried to patch it (which would have enhanced the FPS drastically), the installer says the game cannot be found. It's frustrating, I wanted to play it once again..

Hm okay I'll try this out right now @@Sentra.

EDIT: Nope, no luck. Still none of the updaters finds the game, not the european one and neither does the US version.

I'm starting to think something else, could it be there's another patch version for the RELOADED version of the game?

Just wait for SW games to go on steam sale and get em cheap.

I'm not a steam user, as I don't have an international bank account and I couldn't buy any games from there, at least not yet. Maybe this will change in the future sometime but I doubt it, as I rather buy a game I really like for one reason: Bought games NEVER have as many problems as the cracked, piratized ones. I bought most of the SW franchise games, GTA and Assassin's Creed and some others I really liked, but that's it. I'm not throwing money through the window now to get another new copy of TFU, as the DVD can still be used to run the game without any need to crack it. I'm a bit grown up, kinda, and it just seems pointless to me now. I can use the money for more clever reasons/things.

could it be there's another patch version for the RELOADED version of the game?

Actually yes, RELOADED makes special patches for their releases. Try to google them.

---

What about Steam - you can use virtual Visa/MasterCard cards via some services like QIWI (afaik they are supporting your country like mine). It works pretty well.

And it's really cheap to buy games from different sales (there are A LOT of sale days) even if you have them on DVD.

Rooxon likes this

Well, try to download Star Wars the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition and apply the patch for this one.

Well you need to know that this is the pretty much only version of TFU for PC, the Ultimate Sith Edition one. It's a shame, really... I won't play the game because of this stupid lag, unless I can patch it to 1.2 somehow..

Hmm... i run both 1 and 2 at 60fps with no lags and my pc is sub par

Welcome back Chalk! I get some stupid lag, which was supposed to happen only on certain nvidia cards and at the game version 1.0. Though, I can't patch it to 1.2 anyway so it's not playable for me. The game plays at like under 30fps, whereas Crysis 3, AC:Unity and every other next-gen game, at a minimum of 60fps. I literary haven't yet come across ANY lag in those games at all, everything on ultra. I can post you the specs, I've got a completely new high-end PC, though I doubt it's got something to do with my game not wanting to patch.

I've been thinking; could it be that Win 8.1 is the problem?

@@ChalklYne what do you mean with that? Pardon me, but I'm not a native english speaker, I'm Slovenian. I do speak english for probably 15-16 years now, I just can't translate this enough to understand what exactly you mean. Possibly the integrated graphics?

Actually I also consulted with my local computer repairing shop buddy; It could very possibly be a problem with Win 8.1, as he said that from win 8 onwards, the code was again changed drastically enough to cause problems for various console-ported games. Taking this into account, I'm not really surprised that the updater doesn't find the RELOADED release of the game as the game itself was quite buggy to begin with. I gotta send him the process manager printscreen and he'll answer probably tomorrow if he's got any idea about what I could do... still, I doubt that he's gonna be able to help. If only there was another release of TFU I could try out, besides the RELOADED one... I don't really wanna go buy the game once more, in our contry an original game like that costs between 40-60€ in shops and around 10€ less over the net.

What i meant was if i take my graphics card out of my pc... and plug my monitor in the onboard video that came with the motherboard, it runs fine as well... maybe try that if u think its a problem with your specific card

Aha so you did mean the integrated graphics, I was right.

But no, it's logical the problem has to lie somewhere else, probably a register error. Maybe the installer didn't register the game into my pc, because it's the Reloaded release. Maybe it really is an issue with Win 8.1 causing problems with it, so I can either hope someone here can help me come around this problem or the guy from the local shop comes up with a good idea.

Downloaded and tried TFU2; works perfectly. So now I've confirmed two things: First, TFU lags because of the initial version, it'll sure run better once I manage to update it somehow. Second, the game is installed correctly, non-cracked (the comp still at least recognizes my DVD of the game so I can run it) and the possibility of being a Win 8.1 problem combined with a register error stays possible. The graphics card has probably nothing to do with it.

System Requirements

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 5200+

Memory: 2 GB

Graphics: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 256 MB Video Memory with Shader 2.0 support (Radeon HD 2900 or Geforce 8600)

DirectX®: Directx 9.0c compatible

Hard Drive: 30GB

Sound: Directx 9.0c compatible

Controller Support: XBox 360 Controller for Windows

Supported ATI Chipsets: ATI Radeon HD 2600, 2900, 3650, 3690, 3850, 3870, 4550, 4650, 4770, 4850, 4870, 5890

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 6000+

Graphics: 512 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card (GeForce 9800 GT)

Those are the specs. I really have no clue id say go to lucasarts forums or somewhere sorry again man

Rooxon likes this

Well I'd like to ask the administrators to leave this topic open, as I still don't have a clue about how I could play TFU.

The guy from the local computer shop couldn't help me. I'm not surprised that Win 8 isn't stated as spec requirement, as it didn't exist at the time when the game was released but still I'm thinking as hard as I'm able and can't find any other explanation. It HAS to be a Windows fault. If I can find another version of TFU besides the RELOADED one, I'm gonna try that. I really hope there's something I could still do, though.