Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

This might be kinda late and I haven't read the entire topic so correct me if I'm saying something wrong.

but aren't the eye-slits kinda far apart?

I hadn't noticed it myself, what does everyone else think? Yay or nay on bringing the eye-slits closer?

Is that updated Hondo model the same one from before or a different one?

I haven't uploaded the updated Hondo, but it is based on @@Jeff 's original work yes. The main changes I've made are to the helmet, lengthening the braids, some minor retextures and adding different goggles with transparent lenses.

Temple guard looks great, good for the comic no doubt, but I can imagine the shoulderparts disappearing into the rest of the model while duelling.

Embo and the Neimodian look fantastic though, especially the Neimodian, that could easily be used in a SP mod. Good job! As always.

@@Milamber 

I toyed with the eyeslits for a long while before I realised why putting them closer together kept looking...well...off. It's because the original TCW models don't even follow the show's own facial geometry!

Jedi_temple_guard.PNG

temple-guards.jpg

When you compare those models to other characters in the show the eyes are also slightly lower and wider apart than they should be. When I finally realised this it became a choice between making the masks more accurate to a human face or more accurate to their in-show appearance. Thus a game of pixel-nudging was born as I tried to find the right balance between the two. I'm pretty happy with the final result but if there's a consensus to changing them further I'll alter them again.

I would suggest the problem lies in the thickness of the golden stripe down the middle of the face, I agree it looks the way you say, but when I compare the model head with the reference you showed I feel the distance between the edge of the golden stripe and the eyes are about the same. But the reference has a thinner golden stripe, so even though it looks kinda the same overall, the reference is a bit more accurate to anatomy because it's thinner in the middle.

If that made sense. But yeah, I agree it doesn't look bad the way it is now either, and yes the show seems to have gone a bit overboard with the width, but I think there's still something that could be done ^^ Sorry for being so picky (also the reference has wider eye slits in general it seems)

but I can imagine the shoulderparts disappearing into the rest of the model while duelling.

It wouldn't as soon hierarchy and weight is done properly.

Great model by the way, but this mask still seems to be derpy a bit from those holes.

It's a funny thing, that there is also a concept of the Temple Guard for the The Old Republic video game.

SWTOR_Temple_Guardian_Armor_Concept.jpg

It is known, that the Clone Wars used characters from EU and old trilogy, as well as Selkath (species from KOTOR) and locations from the cancelled Star Wars 1313. I just wonder which source was the first to use such a concept. =) It suggests, that Jedi Temple guards existed long before the Clone Wars.

Barricade24 and Dark_Reaper like this