Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

For fans of the old 'Republic' comic series by Dark Horse, here's Master Zao - a blind Veknoid Jedi Master and an associate of characters like Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura.

ConceptZao.jpg

Nice job :)

I feel like he would of fitted into the Clone Wars really well, I'm surprised they never actually included him.

Kualan likes this

Nice job :)

I feel like he would of fitted into the Clone Wars really well, I'm surprised they never actually included him.

Agreed - he, Tholme and T'ra Saa would have been nice characters to see pop up. And who knows? They may have done in the end as they were planning on giving Quinlan Vos a lot more to do in the unfinished seasons.

For fans of the old 'Republic' comic series by Dark Horse, here's Master Zao - a blind Veknoid Jedi Master and an associate of characters like Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura.

ConceptZao2.jpg

Thats incredible, dude!

I think thats one of the best original models I've seen so far.

I thought the same thing! Where did you head the head mesh? didn't know there was one of these guys around!

Thats incredible, dude!

I think thats one of the best original models I've seen so far.

I can't claim credit for it as an original mesh - the head comes from Star Wars Kinect, though I've made numerous edits and adjustments to it in Blender, as well as retexturing it in Photoshop. The main body is one of the Kel Dor male options for Jaden in the base game.

I can't claim credit for it as an original mesh - the head comes from Star Wars Kinect, though I've made numerous edits and adjustments to it in Blender, as well as retexturing it in Photoshop. The main body is one of the Kel Dor male options for Jaden in the base game.

Didn't know Zao appeared in that game, although its still impressive.

Didn't know Zao appeared in that game, although its still impressive.

It was a model of Teemto Pagalies from the podracing segment of the game. I edited it to remove all the podracer gear, retextured it to better resemble Zao then kitbashed it with other models and gave him the lightsaber cane to complete the image. 

Teancum likes this

I've submitted an update for Plo Koon which will feature model adjustments, higher-res textures, full dismemberment and roleplaying support.

I've also been playing around with modding the wider game, building on @@Circa 's old prequel mod as an inspiration:

ModConcept1.jpg

ModConcept2.jpg

:o How did you modify Wedge's X-Wing in particular? I'm sure that @@GPChannel Channel would appreciate the info for his TFA mod. :)

Wedge's X-Wing runs off the x-wingnogear.md3 in models/map_objects/ships/ rather than the vehicle .npc file, so you just replace that with a different md3 given the same name and voila.

Another question @@Kualan: Is it possible to replace the Z-95 with any other ship in the same way on the maps or is that ship a static part of the maps such as Bakura and Korriban?

Another question @@Kualan: Is it possible to replace the Z-95 with any other ship in the same way on the maps or is that ship a static part of the maps such as Bakura and Korriban?

The exact same way - replace the Z-95 md3 and it will replace the static landed version that Jaden disembarks in. 

• 1 month later...

What's exactly wrong with the Mega Pack models that makes them incomplete? I've been trying to throw them together as NPCs but they always turn up invisible. Anything to be done to fix that or is it the reason you class them as unfinished?

tumblr_m7swmtmv7n1rn95k2o1_250_zps880b4a

In other words, it's been so long since I looked at those particular WIPs that I've long since forgotten the multiple, varied reasons why they weren't game-ready. For several of them, it'll just be because of poor quality weights during my fledgling days and I've yet to find the time or inclination to do them again from scratch.

ZanderNao likes this
  • 1 month later...

Sadly Photobucket has turned to sh*t and is trying to charge ($400 a year!) for 3rd party hosting so all the image links in this thread are now broken. There's too many for me to go through and change over to Imgur one by one, but I'll try to get round to putting them all in an Imgur album or something and update the first post at some point.

therfiles likes this

Sadly Photobucket has turned to sh*t and is trying to charge ($400 a year!) for 3rd party hosting so all the image links in this thread are now broken. There's too many for me to go through and change over to Imgur one by one, but I'll try to get round to putting them all in an Imgur album or something and update the first post at some point.

That's why Puush is a thing. And imgur.

I'm on a rewatch of Rebels these days (introducing a friend to the series after showing them Clone Wars - converted another non-Star Wars fan!) and it's creating a JKA itch so hopefully I'll find the time to put together some new stuff in the coming weeks.

RIP photobucket, what a bad joke they are.

Yeah, the website has been trash for a couple of years now as they completely swamp it with ads that slow the uploading system down to a snail's pace. This is just the last nail in the coffin.

Jeff, TheWhitePhoenix and Noodle like this