Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

I think the model looks pretty good, but the helmet may be a bit too tall. Also, one minor thing I've noticed on Phasma is that her hip/groin-plate (I don't know what it's called) is more rounded triangule shaped and less rectangule shaped as in your model. One other thing is that the torso looks to be in two separate pieces on her, as opposed to one fused piece on most stormtroopers.

It's a good start though. I'd like to see what you do with the textures, as that's the part that needs the most work at the moment.

Darth Sion and Kualan like this

Had some time to kill today, so did some playing around with a placeholder shader just to see what she looks like in-game. Here's some shots:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://jkhub.org/index.php?s=b1b4434dae88d6346430c8d34c9a0e13&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=4930&p=99436&md5check=61c60a08e637792042e9479328b78f26&isRte=1,WBVWiKOfFl,true,false,E6jILRkLf30'); //]]></script>Phasma1.jpg&&0

Phasma2.jpg

Phasma4.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how's she coming along - though at the moment she's stuck with the vanilla male Stormtrooper voice. Audio sources for Phasma seem hard to come by at the moment (and might stay that way until the DVD release :() but I know @ has a gift for sourcing sounds, maybe he'd be able to provide a few?

Now, that is something amazing! Can i get it for my birthday (a.k.a. today) :D (angel face)

Now, that is something amazing! Can i get it for my birthday (a.k.a. today) :D (angel face)

No way will this be ready for today, so I think you'd be daft in getting your hopes up for it. Let them Barricade and Kualan take their time on it. We'll be fully rewarded when it's released, I'm sure.

I think the model looks pretty good, but the helmet may be a bit too tall. Also, one minor thing I've noticed on Phasma is that her hip/groin-plate (I don't know what it's called) is more rounded triangule shaped and less rectangule shaped as in your model. One other thing is that the torso looks to be in two separate pieces on her, as opposed to one fused piece on most stormtroopers.

It's a good start though. I'd like to see what you do with the textures, as that's the part that needs the most work at the moment.

Yes, Phasma has the Flame Trooper groin plate. I haven't get around to adding the depressions in there yet.

Y'know what's funny.. Is the fact that, despite me having both games.. I'm actually more looking forward to new mods (particularly "The Force Awakens" content) being released on this site, than I am with the Season Pass DLC for Battlefront on PS4 :lol:.

Suck it, EA! :P

That's because whatever Lucasarts made, it was at the least, alright and at the most, LEGENDARY. EA almost always, with the exception of a few diamonds such as Mass Effect and Dead Space, makes cash grabs for cash grabs. Personally, I'm VERY GLAD that Jedi Academy is still being modded YEARS after its release. And here's to more years down the line.

Oh, and Lucasarts was friendly towards us modders. EA isn't. :D

Darth Sion likes this

That's because whatever Lucasarts made, it was at the least, alright and at the most, LEGENDARY. EA almost always, with the exception of a few diamonds such as Mass Effect and Dead Space, makes cash grabs for cash grabs. Personally, I'm VERY GLAD that Jedi Academy is still being modded YEARS after its release. And here's to more years down the line.

Oh, and Lucasarts was friendly towards us modders. EA isn't. :D

A-f***ng-men to that!

giphy.gif

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Honestly, the changes I made to DT's regular stormtrooper are so minimal that it really isn't worth uploading - it'd be a bit cheeky to make a whole new release of someone's work with the only changes being slightly larger shoulder pads and a small reshaping of the helmet. If DT wants to incorporate anything in a future release, he's of course more than welcome to but I won't be uploading it.

As for Phasma, I tried to create some of my own sounds for her using Audacity and clips of Bastila Shan from KOTOR. Here's a sample:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QKhz17gcfo

EDIT: Phasma will have NPC support, with both an enemy and ally version included. I've never got round to learning how to provide player-SP support for a model, but I might include that too if it's easy to do so.

Have you considered using any of Gwendoline Christie's lines as Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones? Since, y'know, same actress and stuff.

Have you considered using any of Gwendoline Christie's lines as Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones? Since, y'know, same actress and stuff.

I did indeed consider this! But it's difficult to get dialogue that's a) Useable in a Star Wars context and b) Cleaned up with no background noise, etc. 

Darth_Bothersome likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded a two-pack to the Hub today, pending approval. Bric and El-Les, the two bounty hunters in charge of training clone recruits on Kamino in the TV show:

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://jkhub.org/index.php?s=cdad1f8bd5bd21870e937b599478b8f8&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=4930&p=100960&md5check=29e81d488bcd74245df2feae97e008b8&isRte=1,WBVWiKOfFl,true,false,ZU0ou3_9OaI'); //]]></script>BricElLes3.jpg&&0

I hope we get to see these models on Movie Battles!

The Warthog-style pilot was fairly easy to throw together. Just need to do a little more fine-tuning on the weight-painting for the breather tubes. Would also like to give him higher-resolution helmet textures:

Concept_Warthog.jpg

I have some ideas on how to tackle the difficult ones like Pong Krell and Tera Sinube, but I wouldn't anticipate having anything worth showing for them in the near future - it's still more likely than not that I won't be able to produce anything.

I'll also get around to finishing the robe textures for Ima-Gun-Di soon, so he can be released.