Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Okay, had some spare time today so decided to make a new Kylo Ren kitbash from scratch, with new meshes and textures since the @ 's current one seems to have run into some bugs. This has NPC support, and is confirmed as working in MP with no bone errors. I'll upload soon after some more testing.

KyloShot3.jpg

KyloShot1.jpg

May I suggest just one tiiinyyyy thing..

To make the sleeves slightly longer:

Kylo.jpg

See how the sleeve ends just as the thumb bone starts :P

May I suggest just one tiiinyyyy thing..

To make the sleeves slightly longer:

Kylo.jpg

See how the sleeve ends just as the thumb bone starts :P

Tampering with the length of limbs in JKA models tends to have a butterfly effect when it comes to how effective animations look. I'm going to leave it as it is as I know the arms and hands work perfectly with animations at the moment, and would rather not jeopardise that for the sake of moving the sleeve two centimeters closer to the thumb.

Tampering with the length of limbs in JKA models tends to have a butterfly effect when it comes to how effective animations look. I'm going to leave it as it is as I know the arms and hands work perfectly with animations at the moment, and would rather not jeopardise that for the sake of moving the sleeve two centimeters closer to the thumb.

I wouldn't suggest tampering with the length just adding onto it a few centimeters. Like adding onto the GLM model itself. But either way that's fine man.

I wouldn't suggest tampering with the length just adding onto it a few centimeters. Like adding onto the GLM model itself. But either way that's fine man.

I take your point, I might do something like that in a future v2, probably closer to the film's release when we have more reference material to work with. I'll adjust both the sleeves and other details once we know more.

For now, the model as-is has been uploaded to the Hub.

therfiles and Daedra like this

I take your point, I might do something like that in a future v2, probably closer to the film's release when we have more reference material to work with. I'll adjust both the sleeves and other details once we know more.

For now, the model as-is has been uploaded to the Hub.

Slight bug on the front:

8179145b66d0e400f7a6cab16842fd7f.png

There are 2 holes for some reason.

I wonder- did you create this by using the clone pilot texture? Or did you recolor the visor, change the opacity of it to where there was a slight alpha, and turned the head underneath on?

Nope, no clone pilot textures or meshes were used.Took the Neomarz Commando head, reshaped it, then went into Photoshop and edited the visor to be the right shape. I then deleted the whole visor section and filled it in with an orange-and-reflective hue at 50% opacity. This was saved in .png format (which preserves the empty space as 'empty' rather than just filling it with white as a .jpeg would). Alpha blend takes care of the rest.

Another day, another update. This is what I've been working on the past couple of days. These have been created primarily for use in my Tales From The Clone Wars comic, and I haven't decided yet if I will submit them to the Hub or possibly host them privately as they make use of heads from external sources. We'll see, they all need further work anyway.

First up, Jedi Master Ima-Gun Di, featured in the Clone Wars TV show. The Nikto head mesh is from Star Wars Galaxies, and I tinkered with the textures and gave him JKA eyes to better suit his appearance in the TV show. The body is from Spanki's Jedi pack, and is a placeholder:

ConceptImaGunDi.jpg

Next is Senator Bail Organa, the adopted father of Princess Leia. The likeness comes from TFU, and the body is sourced from the JKG project. The cape and gun holster are adjusted from Toshi's Padme model. Of all the models featured in this post, he is the least likely to be released publicly I think:

ConceptBailOrgana.jpg

A model I've long requested, Vice Chancellor Mas Amedda, often seen shadowing Palpatine throughout the prequel trilogy. The horns are heavily adjusted from an external model, and then reshaped to fit around a modified Saesee Tiin head. The ornamental armour is sourced from the Stargate pack, and the main body is that of Rune Haako's. The skin needs more work until it is ready:

ConceptMasAmedda.jpg

And lastly, my personal favourite and one I was very pleased to be able to put together. A popular character from the old Republic-series of comics, Jedi Master K'kruhk:

ConceptKkruhk.jpg

The head comes from SWG, though I've tinkered with the textures. The legs are sourced from the base wampa (though they need some further adjusting), the hands from the vanilla Kel Dor and the body once more from the Spanki Jedi pack. The all-powerful hat comes from the Samurai Pack by Jimesu_Evil.

The next character I want to put together is Sly Moore - the Umbaran aide to Palpatine that often shadows him alongside Mas Amedda. Any recommendations on source meshes for her unique robes would be appreciated. I'm also happy to hear some requests, though can't make any promises that I'll be able to fulfill them.

NumberWan, Cerez, Langerd and 11 others like this

I do have one small request. I really want the Sandtrooper to be as accurate as possible and for that I need his special kneepad. I believe it should actually be pretty simple to make as it is basically the top side of the default stormtrooper pad on both ends with a little triangle thingy on the bottom. If you could manage to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

TD_shins.jpg

Kualan likes this