Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Oh... Force Arena...

Governor Price? Tarkin? Thrawn? Krennic? Yogar Lyste?

Yes, my priority choices are to do all the Imperial characters. In fact, it might be worth tagging @@Jeff @@dark_apprentice and @@Seven to let them know, to avoid any duplication of efforts.

As for Kallus, this is what I have now with the weapon variants:

ConceptKallus2.jpg

I just need to figure out how to create the energy blade effects for the bo rifle and then he'll be set for release (pending sounds).

Yes, my priority choices are to do all the Imperial characters. In fact, it might be worth tagging @@Jeff @@dark_apprentice and @@Seven to let them know, to avoid any duplication of efforts.

ConceptKallus2.jpg

I just need to figure out how to create the energy blade effects for the bo rifle and then he'll be set for release (pending sounds).

Nice!

Just as I suspected the Force Arena style Krennic looks much better in JKA than the Battlefront did. Battlefron'ts probably way too advanced to look good in such an older game. Then again, Dengar didn't look half bad.

I don't think you want Force Arena Dengar

maxresdefault.jpg

ConceptKallus2.jpg

Good idea, I'm probably going to get to them eventually but we'll see. Nice work as always. What are you using to edit the md3 part of the gun. I always have issues with that, I start in blender and save as md3 then have to check in game for positioning numerous times, it's so painfully long. It's frustrating not being able to open md3's in blender.

Good idea, I'm probably going to get to them eventually but we'll see. Nice work as always. What are you using to edit the md3 part of the gun. I always have issues with that, I start in blender and save as md3 then have to check in game for positioning numerous times, it's so painfully long. It's frustrating not being able to open md3's in blender.

I've done the weapons as .glm rather than .md3

Basic process is:

1. Import an existing weapon of the approximate shape and size of the weapon I want to bring in-game. (NB: Have to make sure the 'Skin' box on the Import screen is blank as weapons don't have .skin files and this will cause an error if Blender tries to find one).

2. Import the new weapon mesh.

3. Align the new weapon mesh over the existing vanilla one, reparent the tags to the new mesh (making adjustments to their position as needed).

4. Delete the vanilla meshes once all tags have been reparented to the new mesh.

5. Set the new mesh's material settings in the Ghoul2 properties box to point to the correct texture.

6. Export as .glm (Again, make sure the .gla box on the Export screen is blank as Blender will try to apply an animation .gla to the weapon otherwise which causes errors.)

ZanderNao likes this

I've done the weapons as .glm rather than .md3

Basic process is:

1. Import an existing weapon of the approximate shape and size of the weapon I want to bring in-game. (NB: Have to make sure the 'Skin' box on the Import screen is blank as weapons don't have .skin files and this will cause an error if Blender tries to find one).

2. Import the new weapon mesh.

3. Align the new weapon mesh over the existing vanilla one, reparent the tags to the new mesh (making adjustments to their position as needed).

4. Delete the vanilla meshes once all tags have been reparented to the new mesh.

5. Set the new mesh's material settings in the Ghoul2 properties box to point to the correct texture.

6. Export as .glm (Again, make sure the .gla box on the Export screen is blank as Blender will try to apply an animation .gla to the weapon otherwise which causes errors.)

Wait are you saying for 1st person view I can use a glm instead of a md3?

Oh wait, right, 1st person view...I, er, may have forgotten to test that.

awkwardly shuffles off to go see if that works at all...

Yeah I can do the glm quickly, it's the problem of I can't open md3's with blender to make adjustments to the md3.

Okay, yeah, there are some issues that need to be ironed out for the custom weapons. MD3 is exported correctly, but appears invisible in-game in 1st person mode. Appears correct in 3rd-person and NPCs' hands, but then reverts back to the vanilla weapon it replaced when they die and drop it. I'm sure I can figure it out though, must have just overlooked some steps.

Krennic update:

ConceptKrennic3.jpg

impressive, most impressive. I'm glad that there's valuable resources even in a Star Wars mobile game for modders to use. any chance of using the cape from the Force Arena Krennic model? texture and shape wise it was pretty much perfect whereas the only viable option in JKA is the Dooku cape which is hard to convincingly re-texture and re-shape. something about the crisp stark white cape just completes Krennic's look.

on the note of Force Arena models looking better than the Battlefront ones I think the developers particularly excelled in the area of faces (except for Tarkin, although I've only seen it in-game). the entire Rogue One cast in that game look astonishingly accurate despite a low polygon budget - a testament to the overall quality.

impressive, most impressive. I'm glad that there's valuable resources even in a Star Wars mobile game for modders to use. any chance of using the cape from the Force Arena Krennic model? texture and shape wise it was pretty much perfect whereas the only viable option in JKA is the Dooku cape which is hard to convincingly re-texture and re-shape. something about the crisp stark white cape just completes Krennic's look.

on the note of Force Arena models looking better than the Battlefront ones I think the developers particularly excelled in the area of faces (except for Tarkin, although I've only seen it in-game). the entire Rogue One cast in that game look astonishingly accurate despite a low polygon budget - a testament to the overall quality.

RE - the cape, not going to happen. Already looked into it but it can't be used without reshaping into pretty much the same shape the Dooku cape already has. Cloth/cloaks/capes don't do very well in JKA as they have to be modelled/weighed in a very specific way to look remotely convincing. Krennic's Arena cape actually wraps itself around the front of the arms (like a sort of curtain) which makes it impractical to weigh accurately in JKA.