Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Great! Except for Senator Binks....

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Why not? No matter if great or annoying characters, it's always good to see some variety here. At least we can tick this character off the list.

Keep in mind that there are people out there that might think "Hey, I haven't seen a Senator Binks in Jedi Academy. It seems that nobody made him.

I should request it and bump that topic every hour until my request is fulfilled."

JAWSFreelao likes this

Why not? No matter if great or annoying characters, it's always good to see some variety here. At least we can tick this character off the list.

Keep in mind that there are people out there that might think "Hey, I haven't seen a Senator Binks in Jedi Academy. It seems that nobody made him.

I should request it and bump that topic every hour until my request is fulfilled."

Because he exists.....

;)

(noting wrong with Kualan's model) 

I think Maul's Mando's have been done somewhere on the Hub, and I think I released a Kenobi-in-Mando-armor in the Mega Pack in the first post. Should be straightforward enough for someone to change the .skin file on that kitbash and use the Mauldalore skin.

Darth Shaxx likes this

General Krelll, I have yet to see a decent JK3 kitbash for him. I bet you could come up with something great

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dcfV6yUUMhs/maxresdefault.jpg

Tried several times, just not feasible without a custom-built model such as what the guys in the DF2 submod are doing for Gorc.

Hm I know it's not from TCW but could you perhaps try to make Maul from the new Rebels S3 trailer?

I'm not really a fan of Rebels-era Maul, tbh. He seems like he'd be relatively easy for a new or first-time skinner to make from the models we have anyway.

Try Old Ben Kenobi from Rebels, but animated version and not realistic head like the one from Free Radicals Battlefront that was used if that's not too much work.

See above.

@@Kualan How can i convert a obj ship model without animations? Barraganap got these awesome U-Wing models and since vehicles have barely animations or none at all, could that be converted to glm more easily than the AT-ACT? :)

U-Wing_Versions.png

Well, probably fairly straightforward if you're not interested in the wings folding out. Just open an existing vehicle in Blender (e.g Z-95 Headhunter), delete the surfaces you don't need (be mindful that you don't throw out or delete any tags that are parented to them) then import the .obj and weigh the whole thing to whatever the main bone is in the vehicle skeleton (I think they only have one bone unless they have foldable wings or some other animated part, since the whole things moves together).

You could fine-tune the process somewhat, but that would give you the 'cheap and quick' result.

Well, probably fairly straightforward if you're not interested in the wings folding out. Just open an existing vehicle in Blender (e.g Z-95 Headhunter), delete the surfaces you don't need (be mindful that you don't throw out or delete any tags that are parented to them) then import the .obj and weigh the whole thing to whatever the main bone is in the vehicle skeleton (I think they only have one bone unless they have foldable wings or some other animated part, since the whole things moves together).

You could fine-tune the process somewhat, but that would give you the 'cheap and quick' result.

Can't i just attach the model to the root? Tbh i have no idea how to weigh, though the textures are correctly placed to the mesh it seems. :)

Can't i just attach the model to the root? Tbh i have no idea how to weigh, though the textures are correctly placed to the mesh it seems. :)

When you want to weight something 100% to one bone it is literally a case of a few clicks. I'm not on my PC atm so can't see what a vehicle .glm's main bone is, but let's say it is called "body".

1. Import template vehicle .glm.

2. Delete any surfaces you don't need (you may want to do this at the end instead if there are tags - surfaces that begins with * - that are parented to the surfaces you want to delete, so you can reparent the tags to your new model surfaces instead before deleting the unneeded surfaces)

3. Import new vehicle .obj

4. Parent it into the .glm hierarchy (typically under stupidtriangle, but can vary) in the Object tab.

5. In the Object Data tab (separate to the Object tab), scroll down to the Vertex Groups.

6. Click the + sign to add a new bone to the vertex groups.

7. Double-click the new bone that appears and rename it to the main bone you want to weigh the mesh to (e.g. body or whatever it is)

8. Enter Edit Mode. Select all the mesh.

9. Under Vertex Groups, make sure the bar at the bottom is set to 1.0 (which means you're going to give it 100% weight) and then click Assign.

10. This adds 100% weight to the entire selected mesh.

11. Go to Modifiers. Add an 'Armature'. Make sure this armature is set to the skeleton_root of the .glm but do not click Apply.

12. If your new mesh is over 1000 verts (or, tbh, anywhere over 700) you should separate it into separate meshes. You won't need to reweigh them as they will retain their weights.

That's just me running off the top of my head, may have forgotten some steps but I think that covers it. You can find tutorials or posts I've made before in the Modding Assistance subforum that cover import/export/kitbashing in Blender for more details.

The Punisher likes this

When you want to weight something 100% to one bone it is literally a case of a few clicks. I'm not on my PC atm so can't see what a vehicle .glm's main bone is, but let's say it is called "body".

1. Import template vehicle .glm.

2. Delete any surfaces you don't need (you may want to do this at the end instead if there are tags - surfaces that begins with * - that are parented to the surfaces you want to delete, so you can reparent the tags to your new model surfaces instead before deleting the unneeded surfaces)

3. Import new vehicle .obj

4. Parent it into the .glm hierarchy (typically under stupidtriangle, but can vary) in the Object tab.

5. In the Object Data tab (separate to the Object tab), scroll down to the Vertex Groups.

6. Click the + sign to add a new bone to the vertex groups.

7. Double-click the new bone that appears and rename it to the main bone you want to weigh the mesh to (e.g. body or whatever it is)

8. Enter Edit Mode. Select all the mesh.

9. Under Vertex Groups, make sure the bar at the bottom is set to 1.0 (which means you're going to give it 100% weight) and then click Assign.

10. This adds 100% weight to the entire selected mesh.

11. Go to Modifiers. Add an 'Armature'. Make sure this armature is set to the skeleton_root of the .glm but do not click Apply.

12. If your new mesh is over 1000 verts (or, tbh, anywhere over 700) you should separate it into separate meshes. You won't need to reweigh them as they will retain their weights.

That's just me running off the top of my head, may have forgotten some steps but I think that covers it. You can find tutorials or posts I've made before in the Modding Assistance subforum that cover import/export/kitbashing in Blender for more details.

''Skeleton root does not match specificed gla'' :mellow:

Ah, yes. When importing a vehicle (or anything that doesn't use the default skeleton in the _humanoid folder) you need to set the custom .gla in the left hand side option panel on the import screen.

Think you have to do the same when exporting too.

Ah, yes. When importing a vehicle (or anything that doesn't use the default skeleton in the _humanoid folder) you need to set the custom .gla in the left hand side option panel on the import screen.

Think you have to do the same when exporting too.

Crashes Modview. I give up, i have no clue what i'm doing, either Modview crashes, or i can't even export the model, and i hoped i got the hang of modeling, oh well.

200.gif#2

Crashes Modview. I give up, i have no clue what i'm doing, either Modview crashes, or i can't even export the model, and i hoped i got the hang of modeling, oh well.

200.gif#2

Try taking it back to basics. Master the normal stuff like head-swapping two humanoid models, etc, then branch out to the different things like vehicles/importing non.glms etc.

Once you have the basics mastered it becomes a lot easier to learn the rest because terms, references, directions make perfect sense to you by then. That's how I learned.

When people skip ahead or brush past certain areas, I've noticed (and I include myself in this) you end up with a result that is never particularly good quality.

The Punisher likes this