Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Not really sure, I think if you use such a thing it would make some modders look down on you for accepting money for mods, when the rest of us do not.

Well, this is exactly why I haven't publicised it - it's not about making mods for money at all, but apparently people can jump to that conclusion. I set it up because a couple of fans of the Skyrim mod wanted to, as they put it, "buy me a beer" for the mod I was making anyway and suggested it as a platform.

I might take it down anyway. It was flattering having some folks want to donate a couple of bucks as a gesture, but I'm getting the impression too many people misunderstand it or think I'm out to make money.

Did a little more work on Krennic today, and am hoping to get the next issue of my comic finished in the next couple of weeks too. Probably won't have time to do any more than that but I'm always happy to hear ideas.

awesome! unless not that much has changed, which is of no worry - slow and steady is better than quick and rushed - could you please post some screenshots of Krennic?

awesome! unless not that much has changed, which is of no worry - slow and steady is better than quick and rushed - could you please post some screenshots of Krennic?

I'm away from home for the holidays at the moment, but there isn't much more to show at this stage - his hair colour has been tweaked with some brown and some age detailing has been added to the face to make him look a little more weathered.

DarthDementous likes this

Back home now, so here's a screenshot of the updated Krennic WIP:

ConceptKrennic2.jpg

There will also be a hat version, and a lower-ranked 'younger' version from his days as a lieutenant commander. If anyone wants to make a soundpack, go for it.

nice. only feedback I'd give is that the ported SWTOR hairstyle while accurate in shape, stands out as being cartoony. I'm not sure if you're able to re-do the textures of the hair to make it look more realistic since I'm not sure how the UV maps differ in SWTOR from JKA. until you can identify the individual strands it'll be impossible to match the hair color of grey tinged with brown that Krennic has in the movie.

EDIT: I just realised something that I encountered when I tried to make my own Krennic was the cape. if you'll look at reference shots from the back, the cape extends to just above his soles and it has a triangular cut in the back. it looks like you've used Dooku's cape like I did and it's pretty ill-fitting for this kind of thing since its designed to be hollow, meaning any segmenting will look incredibly janky. plus the base textures aren't accurate to what I affectionately refer to as the 'bed-sheet cape' Krennic has, and from my experience anyway it was VERY hard to get rid of the distinct shoulder patterning of Dooku's cape - then again, I'm absolutely awful at texturing :P

Anybody got any Clone Wars requests? Rewatched the movie tonight and fancy doing something from that era again.

Mandalorian Police?

Anybody got any Clone Wars requests? Rewatched the movie tonight and fancy doing something from that era again.

Mandalorian Police?

What I ended up doing this morning:

First up is an updated Admiral Ackbar. I used the original JK2 model by Moooa as a base, but gave him an updated head from TFU and did some remodelling in Blender to give the admiral a more screen-accurate "humped" back. The original head model had a gaping-wide open mouth so I also make some adjustments to that:

ConceptAckbar.jpg

Second on today's projects is a cheap and easy kitbash. Another addition to the roster of galactic senators, Representative Binks:

ConceptJarJar.jpg

And lastly, the former Supreme Chancellor himself:

ConceptValorum.jpg

Woow amazing work.

Kualan, maybe can you do a more detailed chewie like from tfa or from ep3 :) ?

Unlikely. Jedi Academy is pretty limited in what it can do with hair/fur, etc. Would be a lot of work for a result that wouldn't be that much different to the vanilla Chewbacca.

Have a look through this thread, I have WIPs of them that I think I released in a WIP Mega Pack.

Xplicit likes this