Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Are you including these guys in your rebel trooper pack: ASFsoldiers.jpg

I don't have any intention of making that type of Rebel at the moment, but it's a decent design that I believe would be fairly simple to achieve so I'll put it on the 'Maybe Some Day' list.

yeyo JK likes this

I don't have any intention of making that type of Rebel at the moment, but it's a decent design that I believe would be fairly simple to achieve so I'll put it on the 'Maybe Some Day' list.

Thats fine. Thanks anyway :)

Might just do a recolor of your existing special forces republic soldier. If thats ok.

Been working on my Rig Nema WIP (the Jedi Temple healer from the Clone Wars TV show), and have managed to completely re-do her headdress by making my first ever from-scratch mesh:

ConceptRigNema2.jpg

She still needs some extra work (particularly her adornments, like her belt and the tiara-thing she is supposed to have) but she seems to be shaping up in the right direction.

Also came up with these two from the Clone Wars, just for the lulz:

ConceptCPD.jpg

and

ConceptTodo360.jpg

That last one is designed to serve as an NPC 'pet' that can harmlessly follow the player around the map in SP.

Not sure how often you visit Gametoast, but Deviss (who is also here) has so many things he converted for BF2. Perhaps things that haven't been converted for JKA on his thread could be someday. Here is his assets thread: http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24475

Although, I am sure you have a lot of Clone Wars Adventures and SWRH assets, but I figured I'd link that thread.

Great work as always, of course! Lol at Todo 360. Even though he's meant for a harmless NPC, I can see him jogging around with a lightsaber slashing reborns for some reason.

Kualan likes this

Been working on my Rig Nema WIP (the Jedi Temple healer from the Clone Wars TV show), and have managed to completely re-do her headdress by making my first ever from-scratch mesh:

ConceptRigNema2.jpg

She still needs some extra work (particularly her adornments, like her belt and the tiara-thing she is supposed to have) but she seems to be shaping up in the right direction.

Also came up with these two from the Clone Wars, just for the lulz:

ConceptCPD.jpg

and

ConceptTodo360.jpg

That last one is designed to serve as an NPC 'pet' that can harmlessly follow the player around the map in SP.

I love droids! Always try to add some to my maps so it feels more star wars like.

Kualan likes this

Ohhh! I love the diversity, and droids are some of my favorite things to add into my machinima!

Wow, that's quite the pitdroid Kuluan!

I can't take credit for the actual pit droid model - it was sourced from the Clone Wars Adventures game (now abandonware) and rigged against the framework of Matt-Liell's original JKA pit droid: http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Models/Star%20Wars/34728/

What I hope to be a much better result than my initial version of this character (you can compare the old one HERE ) :

ConceptOppoRancicisRemastered.jpg

At the moment he's designed mainly with the Tales From The Clone Wars comic in mind, but I would be interested in trying to find a way to convincingly animate him for in-game use.

I would love it if this was in-game, the possibilities with this guy. 

What I hope to be a much better result than my initial version of this character (you can compare the old one HERE ) :

ConceptOppoRancicisRemastered.jpg

At the moment he's designed mainly with the Tales From The Clone Wars comic in mind, but I would be interested in trying to find a way to convincingly animate him for in-game use.

Oh ma gawd! It's Medusa's secret relative! And he kinda looks like an elderly Chinese Kung Fu master. :ph34r: Just kidding it look totally great, Kualan! Excellent work! :D

A progress pic on Oppo Rancisis:

ConceptOppoRancisisv3.jpg

I've given his snake-tail a brand new texture which I'm pretty happy with (and removed the more ornamental parts of the tail completely), and tightened up some of the head/hair meshes to avoid gaps during animations. Weights in the beard and hands have also been overhaul to allow for a smoother transition during animations, and lastly added a 'battle' variant where Master Rancisis sheds his outer robes to expose his two lower arms during combat.

The secondary arms are not rigged as duplicates to the main arms as this causes too many issues, but have been positioned and rigged in such a way that they should work best with the 'dual wielding' animations - clipping with several of the single saber and practically all of the staff-saber animations is unavoidable. I decided to optimise the arms for the dual animations as that style seems to cater more towards the character's fighting style in canon as seen HERE .

Thoughts / critiques / feedback on how to improvement is always welcome.

Rooxon, Delmi, J19 and 8 others like this

A progress pic on Oppo Rancisis:

ConceptOppoRancisisv3.jpg

I've given his snake-tail a brand new texture which I'm pretty happy with (and removed the more ornamental parts of the tail completely), and tightened up some of the head/hair meshes to avoid gaps during animations. Weights in the beard and hands have also been overhaul to allow for a smoother transition during animations, and lastly added a 'battle' variant where Master Rancisis sheds his outer robes to expose his two lower arms during combat.

The secondary arms are not rigged as duplicates to the main arms as this causes too many issues, but have been positioned and rigged in such a way that they should work best with the 'dual wielding' animations - clipping with several of the single saber and practically all of the staff-saber animations is unavoidable. I decided to optimise the arms for the dual animations as that style seems to cater more towards the character's fighting style in canon as seen HERE .

Thoughts / critiques / feedback on how to improvement is always welcome.

The texture change looks much better, the original looked too much like rope.  :P  The secondary arms, what did you weigh them too? I'm not sure without testing it out, but if you weighed them to lhumerus and rhumerus at 100% I would think as short as they look the clipping should'nt be an issue. 

NoOne and Kualan like this