Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Some Jedi for you today, folks:

ConceptLuminara.jpg

ConceptBarriss.jpg

The aim was to create versions of the characters that are sort of halfway between their TV show and movie appearances - enough to capture the essence of the animated character, but without making them seem too outlandish to stand besides more realistic models like Hapslash's Obi-Wan or Anakin, etc.

Lumiya looks... kinda like Boss Nass in the face. Only a bit though, besides that, everything looks spot on.

Some Jedi for you today, folks:

ConceptLuminara.jpg

ConceptBarriss.jpg

The aim was to create versions of the characters that are sort of halfway between their TV show and movie appearances - enough to capture the essence of the animated character, but without making them seem too outlandish to stand besides more realistic models like Hapslash's Obi-Wan or Anakin, etc.

I love you :) thank you that u did that after my request !

I made a request thread for this yesterday but today I had a sudden idea on how I could kitbash the following:

ConceptCoruscantUnderworldPolice.jpg

Just a first draft for now - still some tinkering left to do to make him more screen-accurate.

I was going to have to say that this Coruscant Underworld Police Guard kinda reminds me of a Kerberos Panzer Cop but made in a Star Wars fashion. :D

kerberos_panzer_police_jin_roh_armor_by_

Omega and scp_chaos1 like this

I was going to have to say that this Coruscant Underworld Police Guard kinda reminds me of a Kerberos Panzer Cop but made in a Star Wars fashion. :D

kerberos_panzer_police_jin_roh_armor_by_

Funny you should mention that, I did some more work on the Underworld Police today and the result looks even more like that picture:

ConceptCoruscantUnderworldPolice3.jpg

There's also a Balmorran Arms security officer as featured in the latest issue of Tales From The Clone Wars (though they're non-descript enough to serve as generic mercenaries):

ConceptBalmorranSecurity.jpg

And the last of today's offerings is a concept model for a Republic 'special forces' style non-clone trooper:

ConceptRSBAgent.jpg

swegmaster, Bek, Revan9190 and 12 others like this

Funny you should mention that, I did some more work on the Underworld Police today and the result looks even more like that picture:

ConceptCoruscantUnderworldPolice3.jpg

There's also a Balmorran Arms security officer as featured in the latest issue of Tales From The Clone Wars (though they're non-descript enough to serve as generic mercenaries):

ConceptBalmorranSecurity.jpg

And the last of today's offerings is a concept model for a Republic 'special forces' style non-clone trooper:

ConceptRSBAgent.jpg

Those look way cooler and more so like the Kerberos Panzer Cops. lol :)

My guess here on the body is that it's from the Urban Counter-Terrorist model from CS: Source? Either way, it all looks really good. Great work as always!

(also I do really enjoy your comics)

You're right on the source, but I didn't port the CS stuff - it's been floating around the 'net for awhile.

And thanks for the comment on the comic! Pleased to hear you like it, the next issue has a TON of new kitbashes being made for it. A couple I did tonight are for the clones Corliss and Asher:

ConceptCorlissDisguise.jpg

ConceptAsherDisguise.jpg

Got a lot more custom models to do in the meantime - I don't usually make ones I do specifically for the comic available for download, but I would imagine some folks might interested in some of them as general purpose models so who knows?

I for one love all the models made for the comic that I've seen and general/RP purposes for them would actually be rather cool. I've been meaning to film my machinima series for years now, the Exile's Voyage, but a lack of models, voice, and puppet actors sort of dampened my spirits. Of course I can utilize NPC's for a majority of the in-game 'actors', but I'd still need to utilize some people for movements. Or maybe I can learn how to do 'cinematic' cut scenes to do it? That tool used in MBII would be REALLY useful for this! I can record demos all the time for this purpose. But back to the topic: Your work is actually really nice. 

I'll have to make a list of things sometime.

Kualan likes this

I for one love all the models made for the comic that I've seen and general/RP purposes for them would actually be rather cool. I've been meaning to film my machinima series for years now, the Exile's Voyage, but a lack of models, voice, and puppet actors sort of dampened my spirits. Of course I can utilize NPC's for a majority of the in-game 'actors', but I'd still need to utilize some people for movements. Or maybe I can learn how to do 'cinematic' cut scenes to do it? That tool used in MBII would be REALLY useful for this! I can record demos all the time for this purpose. But back to the topic: Your work is actually really nice. 

I'll have to make a list of things sometime.

In-game cinematics would definitely be the most preferable way to go but, as I understand it, it takes a fair while to learn how to write the scripts for them. That said, I've seen an increasing number of people discussing making cinematics recently so maybe someone would be willing to write up a beginner's guider?

Ha, I forgot about this guy. Might have to put him on the list...

I got to wonder, where do you get some of these parts?

Various games and sources - most I modify further in Blender and they end up largely unrecognisable from their original source. Since the change in EULA allowing the free use of assets from pre-Disney Star Wars games, it's given me a lot more freedom to pick and choose parts too.

DEVISS and TheWhitePhoenix like this

Yet another Clone Wars character - the Jedi Temple's resident healer, Doctor Rig Nema. As with my Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee WIPs I've tried to adapt the character's show appearance into a slightly more 'realistic' style:

ConceptRigNema.jpg

That's probably it from me for the weekend now - going to burn out otherwise I think! Lots of stuff in the works, at any rate.

What about Pong Krell? Goro of SW Universe? :)

3452482-4029524865-Pong_.png

I would so be interested in this. I'm starting a Death Battle-like versus series, using Jedi Academy as the basis, and one of the requests I've gotten in "Pong Krell vs General Grievous".