Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

The kid ain't no senator.

Haven't got much interest in doing film characters in the Clone Wars' art style for JKA, I'm afraid. Plo Koon and Cad Bane are exceptions, but anyone with a more 'human' face looks too out of place IMO.

So do them in movie style :D 

The weights on the tendrils are more precise in the new WIP, yes.

Been throwing together various models for the next issue of Tales From The Clone Wars:

I don't know if anyone would get a use out of these (RP servers, maybe?) but if there's enough demand I could possibly tidy them up and make a pack release for them.

Just my opinion...I think those who liked the post would like to get the pack  ;)

Ended up adding a couple more highly-requested characters to the senators pack and dressing it up with NPC files and shaders to allow for a full release rather than a dropbox link.

The Galactic Senators Pack has been uploaded to the Hub, pending approval. The full list of characters included in the pack:

- Bail Organa (two skins)

- Mon Mothma

- Mas Amedda 

- Aak Ask

- Edcel Bar Gane

- Riyo Chuchi

- Halle Burtoni

- Tendau Bendon

- Meena Tills

- Gume Saam

- Sweitt Concorkill

- Pol Blount

- Tundra Dowmeia

SenatorScreen1.jpg

Credits:

Psyk0Sith - Vurk head, Ithorian head/limbs
Lervish - Boss Nass body
Luckxzs - Roonan head
dark_apprentice - Saruman's robes
Zeke Mass - Kaminoan body
MB2 Team - Neimoidian bodies
Jeff - Master Ferroda's cape
Offspring - Jaffa Pack armor pieces
Toshi - Various cloak and cape meshes

Omg now that I made my own Mas Amedda (yeah I am the Mas Amedda annoying guy) you come up with this...

Anyway thank you for what you made here.

I'd be interested to see your version too - do you have a screenshot?

Something new to show off today, folks. Over the past couple of days I've decided to take my first foray into the world of mapping. Eek! 

My first project is a single-room map (albeit a sizeable one) that is based on a very specific design required for a future issue of my Tales From The Clone Wars comic:

Bonus points to whoever can read Aurebesh.

KualanMap1.jpg

KualanMap2.jpg

KualanMap3.jpg

KualanMap4.jpg

KualanMap5.jpg

At the moment I'm tinkering with the lighting - I want to make it a little more imbalanced with the area that the cameras are pointing at hogging most of the limelight (literally) whilst the map gets progressively more shadowy towards the back of the room. Then I'm going to increase the clutter scattered around the studio.

It's very important to note that - as the map is designed to be used in the comic - I have used resources and textures from a wide variety of sources including (but not limited to) textures by @JCulley3D and @@MaceMadunusus . As such, the map will not be released in its current state unless I a) Acquire permission from said mappers or b) Change the textures.

However I wanted to show off these WIP shots as an encouragement to the ever-growing ranks of Blender users on the Hub forums. As someone who had never used 3D modeling or mapping software before learning Blender for JKA, I found a lot of the skills to using GTK Radiant (the JKA mapping tool) to be transferable and learning the basic skillset behind mapping was an absolute doddle thanks to MUG's mapping tutorials on the JKHub Youtube channel (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6R5UNdF9Ig ) . In short, if any of you are considering diving into mapping I heartily recommend it.

Next, I hope to start work on other maps from the GFFA - I'm open to ideas, suggestions and requests with the usual terms and conditions (i.e. no guarantee I will take up the request). At the moment I'm limiting myself to maps/locales that can be contained in just one or two rooms (so duel maps, basically) but if you think you have an interesting idea do let me know.

Something new to show off today, folks. Over the past couple of days I've decided to take my first foray into the world of mapping. Eek! 

My first project is a single-room map (albeit a sizeable one) that is based on a very specific design required for a future issue of my Tales From The Clone Wars comic:

Bonus points to whoever can read Aurebesh.

KualanMap1.jpg

KualanMap2.jpg

KualanMap3.jpg

KualanMap4.jpg

KualanMap5.jpg

At the moment I'm tinkering with the lighting - I want to make it a little more imbalanced with the area that the cameras are pointing at hogging most of the limelight (literally) whilst the map gets progressively more shadowy towards the back of the room. Then I'm going to increase the clutter scattered around the studio.

It's very important to note that - as the map is designed to be used in the comic - I have used resources and textures from a wide variety of sources including (but not limited to) textures by @JCulley3D and @@MaceMadunusus . As such, the map will not be released in its current state unless I a) Acquire permission from said mappers or b) Change the textures.

However I wanted to show off these WIP shots as an encouragement to the ever-growing ranks of Blender users on the Hub forums. As someone who had never used 3D modeling or mapping software before learning Blender for JKA, I found a lot of the skills to using GTK Radiant (the JKA mapping tool) to be transferable and learning the basic skillset behind mapping was an absolute doddle thanks to MUG's mapping tutorials on the JKHub Youtube channel (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6R5UNdF9Ig ) . In short, if any of you are considering diving into mapping I heartily recommend it.

Next, I hope to start work on other maps from the GFFA - I'm open to ideas, suggestions and requests with the usual terms and conditions (i.e. no guarantee I will take up the request). At the moment I'm limiting myself to maps/locales that can be contained in just one or two rooms (so duel maps, basically) but if you think you have an interesting idea do let me know.

Looks amazing! And those tutorials are really good, they helped me learn the basics too, but I think they don't address some things related to tris and other issues that pop up in larger maps. 

I'm open to ideas, suggestions and requests with the usual terms and conditions (i.e. no guarantee I will take up the request). At the moment I'm limiting myself to maps/locales that can be contained in just one or two rooms (so duel maps, basically) but if you think you have an interesting idea do let me know.

Wow, it's amazing ! :D

I'd have a request..just a Dagobah map...since we've never had one in the history of JKA...you could be the first  :shifty:

TheWhitePhoenix and swegmaster like this