Kualan's Kitbash Workshop

Kualan, great work!

Can you also include early wersion of the turban (that pictured on the preview in a post #455) in your model as option? For a possibility to creation of custom generic dengar-style mercenaries with lesser iconic-look, more abstract turban headgear variant.

Kualan, great work!

Can you also include early wersion of the turban (that pictured on the preview in a post #455) in your model as option? For a possibility to creation of custom generic dengar-style mercenaries with lesser iconic-look, more abstract turban headgear variant.

Sure, I can leave them in there as hidden surfaces.

Wow very nice job with that head, I love the face's detailing. Is the DLT-19 for JKG?

I believe so - apparently some of the JKG weapons don't work in-game so I haven't tried it out properly yet.

Vade Parvis likes this

Update on Dengar - having a bit of trouble getting him to run in-game but I think I know what to do to get it sorted so it shouldn't be long before I can make him available.

Now, I've just moved into a new house and I won't have proper Internet installed until the 1st July so I'm going to have more free time between now and then to just sit around and work on my modding so I'm happy to start hearing requests again.

I can't promise I will fulfill every request, since working in Blender can be quite dull and arduous so I tend to only take up characters I find interesting but please feel free to sound off any ideas and I'll take a look at them. My only caveat is that they be Star Wars characters.

Omega and Penekowski like this

Update on Dengar - having a bit of trouble getting him to run in-game but I think I know what to do to get it sorted so it shouldn't be long before I can make him available.

Now, I've just moved into a new house and I won't have proper Internet installed until the 1st July so I'm going to have more free time between now and then to just sit around and work on my modding so I'm happy to start hearing requests again.

I can't promise I will fulfill every request, since working in Blender can be quite dull and arduous so I tend to only take up characters I find interesting but please feel free to sound off any ideas and I'll take a look at them. My only caveat is that they be Star Wars characters.

That's great news! I would like to see a better version of Starkiller tie pilot outfit )any other version will be welcome too). I love Dark_Apprentice's Starkiller pack but the tie pilot version looks kind of "flat". Plus the bottom part of the torso doesn't make it look like a body suit.

I love the amount of non-jedi models you've done, don't know how you get to make them so similar to their sources just using kitbashing, but it's amazing. Dengar looks great. 

I think the Clone Wars has a lot of cool soldier-like characters like Saw Gerrera or Rako Hardeen that would look nice on JA.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

Dump models via the dolphin emulator maybe? Had a complete metroid model pack ripped from Metroid Prime 3. There is a 3d capture function in the emulator. It also dumps textures and so on. But cleaning the caputured scene is very annoying and then you still need to pose the model after that. I guess it would be easier to start a new model.

the only question is how to even GET the models from the wii, ps2, and psp versions, the iso disc images for the games could be downloaded, but how to get the models from the mysteriously unknown assets is a big question

First you'd need to find out what type of file holds the models, there is usually always a program or script that can extract model files from archives.

Not had much luck with Darth Desolous so far, to be honest, but here's something I worked on last night (disclaimer: they look a little fatter than they are because of the root pose used for the snapshot):

ConceptRoyalGuard2.jpg

And another:

ConceptSenateGuard2.jpg

The helmet base mesh is still the Royal Guard from TFU, whilst I've used the Battlefront Royal Guard's cloak for the main body covering. However the weighing needs a lot of fine-tuning to avoid various clipping/animation issues (as you can from the bottom of the leg).

Still lots of work to do on them both to ensure they work smoothly in-game. At the moment they only look fully comfortable when stood reasonably still :P

Dengar looks great. Did you port the head from battlefront or just the texture? Love to see you do a new boba and bossk.

The head, eyes and hood are from Battlefront - the rest is kitbashed and re-textured from existing JKA models.

The good news about Dengar is that today I managed to resolve the issues of getting him to run in-game without OpenJK assistance. It is now possible to play as him in the vanilla game! 

All I need to do now is some shader work and to rip some sounds from Battlefront and he'll be swinging his way to the Hub soon.

Mandalorian likes this