Holy Crap, this Exists?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

now I just discovered this forum and didn't want to open a new thread so I chose to use this one.

Firstly: it's great that there are still enthisiasts keeping this game alive. But I do have a gazillion questions, as the last time I played was many many years back! I used to play ESL once, but it feels like a lifetime has passed since then.

I will start with a very basic questions, as the level of my confusion is enormeous:

Is this site dedicated to JK1 only, or also "Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast" (which I used to play)? Because I just installed it and can't find any active servers that still use 1.02 (I heard 1.03 and 1.04 kinda suck nowadays).

If this site is only about JK1, excuse me. But maybe you know where I can find active servers for Jedi Outcast.

Nice to meet you :)

SRP

Actually, this site is mostly geared towards Jedi Academy, the most recent JK game, but Jedi Outcast as well.

Amazing! I installed Jedi Outcast and patched it to 1.04. When I search servers via GameTracker and try to connect Im always getting an error saying "Server is running protocol 26" (or 25) .. what is this and how can I fix it so I can join?

Hi,

If your game is throwing issues because of wrong protocol, make sure that the servers that you are trying to connect to are on the same patch as you. Jedi Outcast 1.02 is a commonly-run patch version.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. 

This is the error Im getting with almost every server I tried via GameTracker: http://oi60.tinypic.com/4jn9sg.jpg

Im using version 1.04 currently and also tried switching back to 1.02 with JK2 version switcher. Same result tho :S

Protocol..16? That's not even remotely correct 8D

Make note of what patch the server you're wanting to get on, and make sure yours matches. Then, start up the game with a .bat file:

jk2mp.exe +seta protocol ##
Where ## is the desired protocol number.

If the master server is back up (don't know as I don't have any JK games installed) you should be able to see servers in your "Join Game" menu as well.

Protocol..16? That's not even remotely correct 8D

Make note of what patch the server you're wanting to get on, and make sure yours matches. Then, start up the game with a .bat file:

jk2mp.exe +seta protocol ##
Where ## is the desired protocol number.

If the master server is back up (don't know as I don't have any JK games installed) you should be able to see servers in your "Join Game" menu as well.

I got the solution. Gametracker can't make a difference between Outcast and Academy. Outcast is Protocol #15 and 16 (patch 1.02 and 1.04), Academy Protocol #25 and 26. So I was trying to connect to an Academy Server.

What tool do you guys use to find servers? Im not very happy with that Gametracker at all.

I got the solution. Gametracker can't make a difference between Outcast and Academy. Outcast is Protocol #15 and 16 (patch 1.02 and 1.04), Academy Protocol #25 and 26. So I was trying to connect to an Academy Server.

What tool do you guys use to find servers? Im not very happy with that Gametracker at all.

Ravensoft (Default) masterserver, and JKHub masterserver. You can get the JKHub masterserver by either downloading OpenJK, or some other separate mod on the site which I do not remember the name of.

The All Seeing Eye is a .dll type mod for JA which modifies the engine while the game is running, and only works for mods which don't use a uix86.dll or have a custom engine

Note that JA++, OpenJK, JKG and MB2 have their own ways for taking care of this, as far as I'm aware.

I couldn't be able to do it for JK2 as it uses .qvm instead of .dll files, which, long story short, don't allow you to modify the engine. To my knowledge, there is no (compileable) version of 1.02 and 1.04 that I can use to reproduce the mod as an engine executable. If there is such a project for 1.02 or 1.04, someone could point it out to me, and I'd be happy to add the change in, otherwise it'll take me a week or two just to get the code to compile. And the hard drive on my desktop recently went bad, which means coding on a crappy laptop = plsno :(