Project Updates

DT85

:o Looks freaking awesome! No idea how off-hand, but need to find a way to smooth the ship brushwork.

Just please don't get too attached to how you've lit the map, the details or get attached to the textures. We will be creating all detailed geometry from models (baked from highpoly for the best results), using PBR texturing and most likely using some form of dynamic lighting. The already created details done in radiant will serve as guides for the models. The bare "shell" of the level which is anything to do with VIS, skybox, brushwork at a distance that the player won't get upclose to & stopping map leaks will be kept as-is, as with entities of course. If we were still using GL1, this puppy would be the crown jewel to show off. In saying that, still show it off. Again, superb job!

All mappers need to heed what I've said above for future maps. As it is, I have to redo 01nar, 02nar & 07yun. :P

P.S

I've updated the in-game menus to match the main menu. ;)

minilogoguy18 and Ramikad like this

:o Looks freaking awesome! No idea how off-hand, but need to find a way to smooth the ship brushwork.

Just please don't get too attached to how you've lit the map, the details or get attached to the textures. We will be creating all detailed geometry from models (baked from highpoly for the best results), using PBR texturing and most likely using some form of dynamic lighting. The already created details done in radiant will serve as guides for the models. The bare "shell" of the level which is anything to do with VIS, skybox, brushwork at a distance that the player won't get upclose to & stopping map leaks will be kept as-is, as with entities of course. If we were still using GL1, this puppy would be the crown jewel to show off. In saying that, still show it off. Again, superb job!

All mappers need to heed what I've said above for future maps. As it is, I have to redo 01nar, 02nar & 07yun. :P

P.S

I've updated the in-game menus to match the main menu. ;)

Can easily be smoothed merging the vertexes: the model seen there is actually crude brushwork turned to .ase. The Sulon Star could use a better model anyway, with proper rails and structures.

DT85 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@@DT85 I tried this build and jsut as the previosu build I caN't run the opendf2_sp.x86.exe at all.
I put everything into my gamedata folder but when I try to run the exe nothing happens, like really - nothing no launcher/console popup, no error just plain old nothing.

----------------------
36914 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing opendf2_sp.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec_sp.cfg
Running Jedi Academy Mode
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load "rddf2sp-vanilla_x86.dll" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData"...
Mismatched REF_API_VERSION: expected 15, got 17
Couldn't initialize refresh

Ummm?

@@AshuraDX

I'm not entirely sure what could be going on, @@SomaZ any ideas?

@@minilogoguy18

It's trying to load a renderer dll that isn't there. Make sure you've grabbed the latest files. If you've already done that, then it's most likely an old opendf2.cfg issue and you'll need to delete it. opendf2.cfg saves which renderer dll you use.

@@DT85 @@AshuraDX I have no idea, why this simply doesn't work. I'd say grab CMake and Visual Studio and compile it yourself. Then try to start it with debugging. Else there is a way to enable openjks full log with a shortcut parameter. Something like -loglevel 4 or something like that. I think Ensiform recomended it recently to another guy in the openjk forum. Maybe a quick search will lead you to that post.

DT85 likes this

Updated:

- Bryar_VM.pk3

- df2gamex86.dll

- opendf2_sp.x86.exe

- rdsp-GL2_x86.dll

Changes:

- Bryar has the exponent removed from the shader.

- Bryar animations have been updated with a new idle, and matching frame lengths to the player animations.

- Bryar muzzle tag orientation fixed.

- Merged in updates from SomaZ.

- Numerous tweaks to Ghoul2 viewmodels, including potential fix for muzzle point being jutted out from the tag.

- Fixed misc_model_ghoul, it now works with GL2. Level designers are now able to use this once again.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated:

- 07yun_gl2.pk3

- DF2_assets.pk3

Added:

- DF2_textures.pk3

- 11gorc_gl2.pk3

Changes:

- moved the textures out of DF2_assets.pk3 to its own pk3

- redone texture paths. Shaders are currently broken, but need to redo anyway for GL2

- updated 07yun_gl2 with current texture paths

- added 11gorc_gl2