Frankensteining with blender.

Jolly
Go to solution Solved by Artemis,

Alright so I got my shit down, whipped up this model. If everything goes well, it well be released. 

https://jkhub.org/images/1Zn2Rxt.png 

https://jkhub.org/images/O9SJV1m.png  Yea I know there are those small triangles on his face, those do not show up in-game just in blender for some odd reason. 

https://jkhub.org/images/oR8HMRF.png And the main attraction. 

I know it looks quite the same, but the textures have been darkened and his face has been changed to look like the hood is covering some light that is reflecting on his face. It's been requested by a few people to @ and some other people I have talked to. 

z3filus and DarthStiv like this

@@mrwonko get a chance to check this out? I'm curious how to remedy this error.

Actuallyyy, I went ahead and looked at it.  ._.

First off, go ahead and delete the remains of Kyle.  I swear it's worked without having to do that before, but not now.  That should get rid of the "90 surfaces but only 83 connected..." error.

You need to rename headb_face_0 and headb_eyes_mouth _0 in Ghoul 2 Properties, at the bottom of the Object tab.  If you ever rename a mesh, do it there too.  Headb_face_0 also wasn't renamed in the Object Data tab.  And headb_0 should probably be parented to torso_0.

Scrolling back a few pages, it looks like the model's Kyle head was already working, though.  O.o  Old .blend?

Actuallyyy, I went ahead and looked at it.  ._.

First off, go ahead and delete the remains of Kyle.  I swear it's worked without having to do that before, but not now.  That should get rid of the "90 surfaces but only 83 connected..." error.

You need to rename headb_face_0 and headb_eyes_mouth _0 in Ghoul 2 Properties, at the bottom of the Object tab.  If you ever rename a mesh, do it there too.  Headb_face_0 also wasn't renamed in the Object Data tab.  And headb_0 should probably be parented to torso_0.

Scrolling back a few pages, it looks like the model's Kyle head was already working, though.  O.o  Old .blend?

Nope, that's the same .blend. The Kyle head is there. Like I said, everything works fine. I got the result I wanted, with only the head added. And I've tested renaming the Ghoul2 properties to match the parts, which really shouldn't matter, as long as they aren't the same as other existing parts.

And what do you mean delete the remains of Kyle? I only had the head there. Unless you mean in the other layer? Because I never had to before...

• 2 weeks later...

One question: Does anyone know how to use this method with Neomarz' clone trooper armor? I mean I open it up in Blender and every time I have several layers of helmets (Mandalorian and every single clone variant) and armor every time. Do I just overwrite all of the current existing helmets? Or should I just delete every single head except for the actual head/face?

PS: Does anyone know whether or not the vertices in the new head have to be a certain amount? Or do the amount of vertices matter at all?

One question: Does anyone know how to use this method with Neomarz' clone trooper armor? I mean I open it up in Blender and every time I have several layers of helmets (Mandalorian and every single clone variant) and armor every time. Do I just overwrite all of the current existing helmets? Or should I just delete every single head except for the actual head/face?

PS: Does anyone know whether or not the vertices in the new head have to be a certain amount? Or do the amount of vertices matter at all?

You can keep the current heads or delete them, either way will work - just be sure the new head(s) match up with their Object Name and Object Data details. It takes slightly longer to work around, but keeping the current heads gives you more customisation options with the final model as you can switch between which head surface is used by a model in the .skin file.

In the .skin file, write the name of the helmet's surface, followed by a comma and then the texture directory, eg:

head_eyes,models/players/armitage/mouth_eyes.tga

Do you mean redo the UV mapping of the texture on the frankensteined mesh? If that's what you mean, then no