Shake's Guide and Tools

Recently, people have been asking me for help with things relating to commands and saber mechanics in JKA.

Given the strange but comforting desire for my services, I took the liberty to compile a pack of useful things to improve the JKA community's experience with the game as much as I possibly can. 

Included in this pack:

-My personal saber combat guide (Still incomplete, but very informative)

-A complete list defining and explaining all the network commands in JKA (Timenudge, maxpackets, etc)

-A tutorial on how to increase your saber registration

-My personal low-jump script and how to use it

-My personal crouch script and how to use it

-Lag Unlocker with a tutorial on how to use it

-Cvar Unlocker for camera and how to use it

-Explanation on Quake3 mechanics that can improve your game and understanding of it

-A guide to improving and understanding your FPS to give a smoother and better JKA experience

-Explanation on how configuration(.cfg) files work

-Much more

You can find the link to my pack here along with my basic contact info inside:

-shake, the cutest jedi

Some pretty good stuff there, but a slight correction for timenudge: it doesn't differentiate between a high ping player or a low ping player, it adjusts the interpolation between entire snapshots.

It won't matter if they have a high or low ping. Perhaps you meant to say it might help to use higher values if your ping is higher.

JA++ no longer raises limits on connection settings, but OpenJK does. It also has more sane defaults (e.g. com_maxFPS 125)

ShakeThatSalt likes this
  • 6 years later...