Attack of the Mini-Mods

So, I had an idea. To improve testing and feedback and just to let people see what the mod is about, I'm going to release the mod in in mini-mod pieces. The final version of course will be a full package assuming we/I get to that point eventually, but pieces of the mod (at least the non-code ones) I'll release individually so people can try out parts of the mod, give feedback, and just generally see what it's about.

For example, in the next few days when I have time, I'm going to release the NPC edits portion of the mod, and call it something like "DP: SP NPCs v1" or something. And it will be purely NPC edits. And so on for other parts of the mod, and the parts will be able to be combined together or kept separate.

Mini-mods to expect sometime soon:

• NPCs
  • Bonus Missions menu
  • Improved menu options
  • Base animation fixes
  • New lightning effects
  • Saber and player customization additions

feedback is very imporant during any long term project and handing out some specific features of the mod, such as "animations" and "f_lightning" effects,

is a great way to get feedback, I'd love to test whatever you've managed to accomplish so far. However..

..would you record some of your work, using e.g. fraps and upload it somewhere, and then embed to your first comment?

Alright, just waiting for my 3rd approval, but once I get it, the NPCs mod should be available for download with a full change log on the page.

..would you record some of your work, using e.g. fraps and upload it somewhere, and then embed to your first comment?

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean showing off the mod, or showing myself working on it?

Sorry I haven't played any JA in a while. I kind of got bummed out when I learned the change in skeleton would make my animations no longer valid. Once the animations have been worked out I'll try and get back into it.

I'm still looking forward to your mod though!

That's if they get the new skeleton finished. It hasn't been worked on in awhile I don't think. I can give you some stuff to work on if you'd like. :P

That's if they get the new skeleton finished. It hasn't been worked on in awhile I don't think. I can give you some stuff to work on if you'd like. :P

The new skeleton is still a work-in-progress... I'm working on the Jan Ors head which I will use for the new facial/lip-sync rig. I know DT has been working on the skeleton regarding the body-- but I have a suggestion:

@@DT85 @@eezstreet -- instead of adding cape/cloak bones directly into the base skeleton... maybe they could be bolted on as a cape_robe.gla like @@eezstreet plans to do the new face (where the face.gla inherits the head bone transforms). Maybe a cape_robe.gla would get transforms from upper spine, or neck?