Trigger_Push for a Conveyor

Go to solution Solved by RebelChum,

trigger_push isn't intended to work like a conveyor.  It requires the target_position to be at higher altitude.

The conveyor spawnflag (32) on trigger_push only works in SP.  Recommended to set relative spawnflag (16) as well.

Those settings don't do anything which is why I'm stumped. I even have linear set. 

Do i need a target position ?

• Solution

First, highlight your conveyor belt with the trigger brush. (You'll want it to be a thin layer just above the conveyor so it only pushes the player when they're standing on it rather than jumping over it.

Set that trigger brush to a trigger_push. Target it at an info_notnull wherever the conveyor belt is travelling. You'll want to check the linear box, the multiple box, and likely the relative box. You'll have to do a little trial and error with the key and value for speed until it appears the player is being pushed at the same rate the conveyor texture is moving.

DT85 likes this

First, highlight your conveyor belt with the trigger brush. (You'll want it to be a thin layer just above the conveyor so it only pushes the player when they're standing on it rather than jumping over it.

Set that trigger brush to a func_push. Target it at an info_notnull wherever the conveyor belt is travelling. You'll want to check the linear box, the multiple box, and likely the relative box. You'll have to do a little trial and error with the key and value for speed until it appears the player is being pushed at the same rate the conveyor texture is moving.

I didn't know I needed something to like a target position or info null. I had it working fine as of last night right after when I posted. Originally, I thought I would just have to set a direction to the trigger.

NOW, all I have to do is try and sync up my conveyor belt shader speed wiht the Func_train and Trigger_Push.

Thanks for the help.