HUMANOID SKEL NPC: Gamorrean

The green one looks fantastic. Are you going to add specular shader?

The grey skin tone is too close to the the color of the shoulderpads and parts of his headgear,

you should either darken the skin tone or make the shoulderpads/headgear parts bronze  e.g.

maybe darken the nostrals too... :huh:

The green one looks fantastic. Are you going to add specular shader?

The grey skin tone is too close to the the color of the shoulderpads and parts of his headgear,

you should either darken the skin tone or make the shoulderpads/headgear parts bronze.

Based on the reference I have, both the armor and skin have a similar appearance, so I believe the tone is quite accurate to the actual JK representation. But I will keep what you said in mind.

I might do some different drafts, and see what I get. I'd be interested to see the bronze appearance. I might try that.

I like them both actually.  I've always been a support of have various types of characters through a game.  It makes the environment more believable.  Nice work.

On this regard, it would be nice if the "jedi_random.npc" wasn't hardcoded, but instead we could define a number of NPCs that spawn at random in a, for example, "xxxx_random.npc" file. It would be much easier to spawn completely random types of enemies in the levels.

Looking great, but the "gray" skin needs a little more work:

- the feet straps look too light and that they've just had a simple recolor

- the nose looks out of place from the rest of the face, I'd suggest making it the same color as his "lips"

- the gray skin could use a hint of green perhaps?

- the red belts look too saturated and it looks out of place. I'd suggest leaving it as black

I'm liking the wrist armor though, nice work. :D

Barricade24 likes this
  • 3 years later...

Hey I made two skins for the gamorrean few years back and since the dev forums were closed i didn't know you wanted some skins, so here are mine (non shaded):

This one is the original for comparison

156z6f6.jpg

Skin 1

2rfsi9w.jpg

Skin2

2e1x9x4.jpg

All three of them

20zbodw.jpg

If you guys are interested let me know and i'll upload them ;)

Thanks, but most of what you see in this section of the forums is old and was posted in a time when we didn't have access to a modern renderer. We do now, which means all art assets will need to be redone with the modern renderer in mind.

So does that mean assets from the df2 mod (like a player model) won't work outside that renderer or vice-versa? I never tought renderers changed the game on that aspect (or is it just because you want to make the most out of it, and not because of renderer restrictions?)